The stadium - What next

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:05 pm

I mean think of the revenue alone. If you take an average of the ticket prices currently it works out to about £32. That means we generate roughly -

45,000 seats -  1.44 million per game

60,000 seats - 1.92 million per game

70,000 seats - 2.24 million per game

Also with more seats there is no reason for a unnecessary ticket price increase
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:09 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:What makes you think we're not going to fill it?

Anfield doesn't sell out week in week out does it?
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:40 pm

0asis wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:What makes you think we're not going to fill it?

Anfield doesn't sell out week in week out does it?

No not always, the Fulham game was only about 42,000 and so have the odd others over the years.

I think 60,000 (for now) would be about right, we could obviously get far more on the odd game, united Everton and some of the big European nights but on the other games unless we were doing really well then we would struggle to get anywhere near 70,000 imo.
That could change if the team is bringing success, but its not guaranteed, and i would rather a 60,000 sell out, than the sight of empty seats in the ground...nothing dampens the atmosphere more.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:21 pm

The last two guy's are being sensible here, 60,000 seats is about right for us, it would be filled easily most week's. There's no doubt at all that we could fill a 70 - 80,000 seater too, but not consistantly, and like those above pointed out, that's nothing worse than empty seat's for visual and atmosphere purposes, just ruins it.

I'm sure the stadium will be built with the capacity to expand for the future, then if we have a full house week in week out and still a high demand for tickets for a few years or more, then you extend.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:06 pm

I don't think that designing the stadium to hold a capacity of 60,000 is a compromise, it's simply just a case of not wanting to do a leeds by sinking all of our eggs into one basket and pushing the club towards bankruptcy. As i've said earlier in this thread wayback when the club decided to build a new stadium was when there was a real danger of the bottom falling out of the game due to the ITV Sports fiasco.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:22 pm

for me, it's all made worse by the fact that Arsenal will have a terrific new stadium in 4 or 5 months. while the biggest our stadium looks is when it's in the form of a bitmap. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kopite_1232002 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:29 pm

Paul C wrote:
kaz the kopite wrote:how the hell can :censored: aston villa get interested buyers/investors  and we cant?

we are the 5 times champs of europe,for gods sake hear me money men,please!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Thats cos it would cost a lot of money to buy LFC where clubs like Villa it would cost fu.ck to buy   :;):

also david moorse doesnt want to give up the chairman ship, they way i read things he wants an investor and he still has some part in how the club is run
kopite_1232002

Postby red37 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:34 pm

whatever the capacity. and its a very good point about 'over-doing' the seats (50-60k sounds right)

it is essential that the pitch is as close as possible to the fans, for me. does NOT have a glass portion of roof. and is of a design that can allow for expansion if need be. upwards.

i hope in any case we dont end up with another soul-less concrete saucer... rather id prefer it to be as intimidating as possible...

straight stands right up to the pitch and maybe 3 or 4 tiers high. with enough sound-generating qualities as you can technically get away with in terms of the noise staying in... if you get what i mean. but please, no glass roof!!  :no

overall its never going to replace anfield in terms of nostalgia and emotion (yet). but at the least it could be designed like a 'bear-pit' with no place to hide.....and no place to look forward to.

away fans still to go in a corner...bless 'em.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:46 pm

tommycockles has hit the nail on the head, there must be massive numbers of people who are "latent fans" who never or rarely go to the game because they just think "i'd never get a ticket". if those people suddenly have a better chance of getting regular tickets then i'm sure they'd get off their backsides and get to the game a whole lot more. also don't forget how many people must be on the season ticket waiting list. i have no doubts we'd be able to comfortably fill 60,000 for 95% of matches. building in room for future expansion would be a pre-requisite in the plans as far as i'm concerned though. i drove past the back of old trafford the other day and it pains me to say the place looks f*ckin impressive with the new corner bits filled in, those c*nts are gonna be up to 76,000 - we can't be left back with 45,000 when the likes of newcastle, arsenal etc are expanding all the time.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:09 am

Chelsea have mentioned something about knocking down the hotel behind one of their stands and increasing capacity too.

If Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle and Man Utd are expanding into the 55K+ region, then we have to do it too, in order to compete.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:37 pm

Liverpool Football Club has lost out on an £11m European Union grant to assist in the construction of a new £160m stadium.

The offer of the grant is believed to have lapsed on Friday following protracted delays in the club's plans to move from its spiritual home of Anfield to a state-of-the-art 55,000-seater stadium. The loss of the European money will add to growing speculation that Liverpool will not be able to afford to move to the new ground.

Meanwhile, the Sunday Telegraph has learned that the Premier League club, which won the European Champions League last year, has dumped Hawkpoint as its financial adviser and appointed PricewaterhouseCoopers as it searches for new sources of investment.

On 29 March Liverpool was forced to announce to the stock market that it was in talks with a number of parties "regarding a potential investment of new funds into the club".

Putera Sampoerna, the Indonesian billionaire, and Mansion, the gambling company that was recently outbid in its attempt to become shirt sponsors to Manchester United by AIG, the US insurance giant, are seen as possible buyers of the club.

Other parties that have expressed an interest in investing in Liverpool in the past include the billionaire Kraft family of the US and Steve Morgan, the Merseyside housing tycoon.

It is understood that David Moores, the Liverpool chairman and 51 per cent shareholder in the club, has in the past been unwilling to cede control to an outside investor. However, it is now believed that he will step aside and pave the way for a takeover of Liverpool if a suitable bid is put on the table.

Juan Villalonga, the Spanish telecommunications tycoon, recently expressed his interest in turning Liverpool into a "global brand" but has so far failed to make an offer that impresses the club's board.

Liverpool has been searching for outside investment since June 2004, when it appointed Hawkpoint.

The club declined to comment yesterday on any aspect of the takeover talks. An offer for the entire share capital of Liverpool's parent company would cost in the region of £200m.
coolsobs

Postby 2520years » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:02 pm

It looks like the 60,000 stadium is going ahead...

BBC News Article

I'm pretty chuffed, even though losing Anfield is gutting.
:grinning:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby weringo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:55 pm

2520years wrote:It looks like the 60,000 stadium is going ahead...

BBC News Article

"The club is looking for investors to help fund the £160m venture."

All that article says is that the stadium has been re-aproved by the council, so no actual progress has been made.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:11 pm

I only make it to Anfield a few times a season these days and was largely against moving but I have to say that we have to have a new stadium. 

I live almost next door to the millenium stadium and Anfield looks small compared to it.  However many great times I and all of us have had there we are in a new era of sporting stadiums.

Using the millenium as an example, that was designed to create a wall of noise by the fans and all seats are really close to the pitch, even the ones high up and it is very impressive. I have great affection for Anfield but I think it is time to move on and start a new era.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:05 am

weringo wrote:
2520years wrote:It looks like the 60,000 stadium is going ahead...

BBC News Article

"The club is looking for investors to help fund the £160m venture."

All that article says is that the stadium has been re-aproved by the council, so no actual progress has been made.

Yeah I agree.  I kept being told (mostly by Everton fans) that the planning permission would be a real sticking point.  The transport infrastructure for the increased volume of fans and the location were supposed to be problems.

Anyway, if they get stuck I'll give them 160 of my millions.
:eyebrow
My earliest memory.
2520years

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion