IAGO ASPAS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm wrote:I will reserve judgement until he plays as a striker alongside someone like Suarez .....until such a time I will still retain a degree of hope.

Ever the eternal optimist ay?

Keep giving them games until either,

A: They improve... Which they never do... or...
B: You start to accept them for being average and just ignore their weaknesses and built them up into something they aren't.

It worked for Lucas I suppose... :D

Well, we cant all be steely eyed devotees of the beautiful game Stu.....some of us just have to rely on faith ,and a good nose for a player.
I'm just delighted that you decided to return to the forum to let us know what's really happening ,and to bless us with your football knowledge.
I for one am richer for the experience........ Golf's loss is footballs gain.  :D

Still playing Golf.

Well... trying to :laugh:

There are a lot of people on here of late who can't handle straight talking... which is a bit odd considering its a football forum.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:22 am

redno7 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 am wrote:
eds » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:27 am wrote:Mate, have you actually watched ANY Liverpool games this season featuring Aspas?

He is completely and utterly out of his depth in the premiership.

He has been nothing short of awful, on par with Borini (except he cost more) and this "giving him more time" rubbish is just laughable......

He needs to be sold in January and we need to bring in a decent 3rd striker.

No I haven't due to the fact he hasn't played much time, I saw him play fairly well in preseason though, he looked like he could do a job for us. He just seems to have been written off by everyone but how many minutes has he had? anyone know? doesn't seem many at all.

You're basing your opinion on a handful of pre-season games?

Games which aren't either very competitive or opponents which aren't on the same level as a premier league club?

But you have choosen to ignore the actual time he has had in premier league, where he has been simply awful.

Rightio......  :suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:13 am

Aspas had plenty of minutes against stoke and the same v Villa and United its only when Luis came back and Moses came in he has found himself out of the line up.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Rumours he will be loaned in Jan so if that's true we may have one coming in. Doesn't sound impossible at this point. Time will tell.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:08 am

parchpea » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 pm wrote:Rumours he will be loaned in Jan so if that's true we may have one coming in. Doesn't sound impossible at this point. Time will tell.

That would be baffling.  I can understand Alberto or Llori going on loan but a 26 year old?
Why did we sign him at all if thats the case.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:26 am

maybe its all about chance? BR signed him and it can go one of 2 ways...  he hits the ground running and turns into a big player or he struggles and we cut the loses and move him on. We will never know until we take the chance though. This is what grates me about people who slate BR for signing certain players that flop but the fact is we'll never properly know until we try them.

Think he needs to go to Sunderland or Palace for a few months, learn about life in the Prem.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:02 pm

redno7 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:26 am wrote: We will never know until we take the chance though. This is what grates me about people who slate BR for signing certain players that flop but the fact is we'll never properly know until we try them.

i cant play the lad and neither can you. the only man who can is rodgers. the very same man who spent 7odd mil on him 6-mths ago and guess what, won't play him.
the stick he's getting  isnt just about aspas though, is it. its about all the other aspas's he has signed. 
it looks like his whole transfer policy is based on chance and youtube video's.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm wrote:
redno7 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:26 am wrote: We will never know until we take the chance though. This is what grates me about people who slate BR for signing certain players that flop but the fact is we'll never properly know until we try them.

i cant play the lad and neither can you. the only man who can is rodgers. the very same man who spent 7odd mil on him 6-mths ago and guess what, won't play him.
the stick he's getting  isnt just about aspas though, is it. its about all the other aspas's he has signed. 

Yes that must be it. Have you ever thought about being a football manager? Has it ever occurred to you that the player may not be performing to the managers requirements in training hence not getting any playing time?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:51 am

tubby » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm wrote:

Yes that must be it. Have you ever thought about being a football manager? Has it ever occurred to you that the player may not be performing to the managers requirements in training hence not getting any playing time?

:laugh:
maybe he should have looked at the training videos then before spending 7.7million quid on the lad.
he needs game time and should be getting it in sturridges absence, rodgers said it was time to step up to the plate and then insults him by bringing him on with 30 seconds to go in a game that your winning 5-1. he was an established part of celta's team and should be good enough to at least be a regular feature for us .
like i said he isnt the first player rodgers signed and consigned to the shadows in such a short space of time.
y'know id nearly prefer it if we were signing players based on youtube because the thoughts of us spending months scouting these players is worse.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:35 am

Michu hopes Swansea City target Liverpool forward Iago Aspas in the January transfer window.

Aspas, 26, signed for Liverpool from Celta Vigo in the summer for around 7 million pounds but has made just four Premier League starts since the switch.

And should the Spaniard seek a loan switch away from Anfield then Michu would welcome his compatriot at the Liberty Stadium.

Michu said in the Daily Mirror: “We [the Welsh club's Spanish players] are hoping he can come here on loan. It would be a pleasure to play with him. Iago has had injuries, but he has quality. He deserves to play in the Premier League.

“He has been unlucky. At Liverpool, they have Luis Suarez and [Daniel] Sturridge, who have scored a lot of goals. Suarez is, along with Diego Costa and others, one of the best strikers in Europe.”
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:00 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:35 am wrote:Michu hopes Swansea City target Liverpool forward Iago Aspas in the January transfer window.

Aspas, 26, signed for Liverpool from Celta Vigo in the summer for around 7 million pounds but has made just four Premier League starts since the switch.

And should the Spaniard seek a loan switch away from Anfield then Michu would welcome his compatriot at the Liberty Stadium.

Michu said in the Daily Mirror: “We [the Welsh club's Spanish players] are hoping he can come here on loan. It would be a pleasure to play with him. Iago has had injuries, but he has quality. He deserves to play in the Premier League.

“He has been unlucky. At Liverpool, they have Luis Suarez and [Daniel] Sturridge, who have scored a lot of goals. Suarez is, along with Diego Costa and others, one of the best strikers in Europe.”

I still believe Aspas will evolve into a good addition to the squad ,I mean we're still yet to see how potent he could be alongside Suarez ....I'm going to
go all out on a(and not for the first time ) limb and risk the wrath of some posters  :;): to say come this time next year he may just be an integral part
of the squad Rodgers is slowly fashioning.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:04 pm

RBG - I'm a bit surprised you have got any limbs left but I love your positive refreshing attitude  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:17 pm

id sooner see aspas getting a run before the gangsta moses.
whether aspas is able for this level is another matter but with the amount of playing time he gets he will never adapt. he deserves a crack at it alongside suarez before he's wrote off and sent out on loan.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:34 pm

i cant help but think that a loan deal (with an option of recalling him at short notice) would be best for both the club and the player, playing week in and week out for swansea would help him acclimatize to prem a lot quicker than if he stayed here on the fringes of the first team squad getting the odd game here and there.
anyone connected to spanish footy seems to rate this lad so maybe there is a decent player in there somewhere, maybe he just needs half a season or so of regular footy to get used to the speed and physicality of the game in this country.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:34 am wrote:i cant help but think that a loan deal (with an option of recalling him at short notice) would be best for both the club and the player, playing week in and week out for swansea would help him acclimatize to prem a lot quicker than if he stayed here on the fringes of the first team squad getting the odd game here and there.
anyone connected to spanish footy seems to rate this lad so maybe there is a decent player in there somewhere, maybe he just needs half a season or so of regular footy to get used to the speed and physicality of the game in this country.

:nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion