IAGO ASPAS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:56 pm

devaney » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:04 am wrote:RBG - I'm a bit surprised you have got any limbs left but I love your positive refreshing attitude  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh: I like that
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:26 am

No words for this guy, no words.

But I will try my best..............

Truly utterly awful signing, the stuff of nightmares.    :no  :no  :no

I consider myself a young fella having followed this club for the last 20 years but can't remember a single player worse then him.

No creativity, poor passing, no positional intelligence, couldn't make a forward run if his life depended on it and I reckon Monty Burns could bump him off the ball.

I just have a mental picture of him running into a defenders shoulder and falling to the floor every time his name is mentioned now.

I honestly thought at some points in the game against Hull, I could have done better.

What were we thinking spending SEVEN million on this turdsticle of a player.  :suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 am

Not too sure what we were thinking with this one... not seen anything to suggest that there is even a PL footballer in there.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:30 pm

He's our Bebe :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:53 pm

I thought he linked the attack up to our midfield quite well ,and some of his link up play with Johnson on the wing was also effective.
I suggest posters watch the match again and this time watch his runs off the ball that were ignored by Coutinho and Johnson respectively.

On one occasion he spun his defender whilst Coutinho was in possession and Coutz just rolled it out to Johnson rather than find Aspas ,and
another he played a lovely one two  with Suarez only for Luis to be upended by Bruce ,and from the resulting move made a great run off the
ball behind the fullback only for Coutinho to shoot wildly over the bar.

I dont believe he stunk the place out like Johnson has been doing of late ,or he played as bad as Sterling before his upturn in confidence.
If anything the deftness of his knock down for Henderson to run on to should have resulted in an assist ,and for me confirms the kind
of sweet touch Suarez will eventually thrive off.

Last word ....There's not much he can do if players don't pick up on his runs and find him with a pass ,perhaps this will come with more
time ,and more opportunities to familiarise himself with his fellow players .....  I hope Rodgers persists with the lad ,and at the very least
affords him the same degree of patience he gave Sterling.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:47 pm

I agree with the above actually. There was one instance where he ran back into central midfield to win a ball that was lost to Huddlestone(I think). I was impressed. Didn't expect that. Hopefully he starts against Oldham and gets a goal or two to raise his confidence. If Michu rates him so highly and wants him at Swansea, I'm sure there's something we're not picking up on. He seems to be very quick too.
Last edited by maypaxvobiscum on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

that lay off to hendo was coutinho-esque, hendo should have buried that.
he`s got decent technique but i just think he struggles with the physicality of the prem, anytime he ends up in any sort of physical contest for the ball he invariably loses out. as a forward you just cant continually cough up possession that cheaply, not in this league anyway, he`s got to become stronger.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:56 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:47 pm wrote:I agree with the above actually. There was one instance where we ran back into central midfield to win a ball that was lost to Huddlestone(I think). I was impressed. Didn't expect that. Hopefully he starts against Oldham and gets a goal or two to raise his confidence. If Michu rates him so highly and wants him at Swansea, I'm sure there's something we're not picking up on. He seems to be very quick too.

Its his awareness around the box that impressed me most ,that and as you say his tireless running back to link midfield to attack.
Honestly mate ,I was at Anfield and his running off the ball in behind the defenders was frustratingly ignored by the reds attack
Johnson ,and Coutinho being the biggest culprits..... I remember his run back to dispossess Hulls David Meyler ,after Sterling
had ***** (not for the first time ) the ball away.

I too think a run out against Oldham would be beneficial to his confidence and go a long way to understanding  his fellow team mates.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:05 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:56 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:47 pm wrote:I agree with the above actually. There was one instance where we ran back into central midfield to win a ball that was lost to Huddlestone(I think). I was impressed. Didn't expect that. Hopefully he starts against Oldham and gets a goal or two to raise his confidence. If Michu rates him so highly and wants him at Swansea, I'm sure there's something we're not picking up on. He seems to be very quick too.

Its his awareness around the box that impressed me most ,that and as you say his tireless running back to link midfield to attack.
Honestly mate ,I was at Anfield and his running off the ball in behind the defenders was frustratingly ignored by the reds attack
Johnson ,and Coutinho being the biggest culprits..... I remember his run back to dispossess Hulls David Meyler ,after Sterling
had ***** (not for the first time ) the ball away.

I too think a run out against Oldham would be beneficial to his confidence and go a long way to understanding  his fellow team mates.

Yep. And when they did try to pick him out, it was one of those impossible balls from far which he never had a chance of reaching anyway. I think there were 2 in quick succession, one of which was from Coutinho.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby eds » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:I thought he linked the attack up to our midfield quite well ,and some of his link up play with Johnson on the wing was also effective.

Define what you mean by effective? Did he threaten the goals? Create any opportunities? Pass the ball into dangerous areas for the rest of our team? Clearly I am missing something here because he did NOTHING for 60 minutes.

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:I suggest posters watch the match again and this time watch his runs off the ball that were ignored by Coutinho and Johnson respectively.

Ask yourself why players won't pass to him? I suggest YOU re-watch the game and have a look at the amount of times he was easily nudged off the ball by lower grade defenders. Hence why no one wants to pass thru balls to him!

You only need to look at when the HULL defender, Davies had an "airy" clearing the ball. Aspas was a 50/50 chance in getting the ball, then Davies simply nudged him out of the way and he went flying onto the Anfield surface. Pathetic!

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:On one occasion he spun his defender whilst Coutinho was in possession and Coutz just rolled it out to Johnson rather than find Aspas ,and another he played a lovely one two  with Suarez only for Luis to be upended by Bruce ,and from the resulting move made a great run off the ball behind the fullback only for Coutinho to shoot wildly over the bar.

Once again the players don't have any confidence in him because they all know he won't do anything with the ball EVEN when he is at an advantage like you are pointing out. It is actually quiet hilarious that you can't see that. Surely if you have played the game before you know not to pass it to the guy on the field you know will f**k it up........  :upside: 

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:I dont believe he stunk the place out like Johnson has been doing of late ,or he played as bad as Sterling before his upturn in confidence. If anything the deftness of his knock down for Henderson to run on to should have resulted in an assist ,and for me confirms the kind of sweet touch Suarez will eventually thrive off.

All of the main reputable stat websites have him placed FIRMLY last, as the worst performing Liverpool player against Hull. Johnson has been s**t for a while but he was a much better player in his prime then Aspas can ever aspire to be. I will give you the knock down, sadly its the ONLY thing you would include in a YouTube highlights package of his time at this club.  :lookaround

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:Last word ....There's not much he can do if players don't pick up on his runs and find him with a pass ,perhaps this will come with more time ,and more opportunities to familiarise himself with his fellow players .....  I hope Rodgers persists with the lad ,and at the very least affords him the same degree of patience he gave Sterling.

Not sure whether you are taking the p**s here. Don't our players TRAIN every week to make runs and link with other players? He doesn't need to play a continuous amount of games to prove he CAN link up with our starting XI. I surely hope BR does NOT give him anymore time, he will cost us over the long run because he is quiet frankly s**t and it's about time we stop accepting these levels of mediocrity and repeating the same catchphrase, "Give him time and he will get better"  :laugh:
We just simply need to buy a better player and send this lad back to amateur leagues in Spain.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Strangely enough I don't feel the need to explain myself to someone who has obviously found a method of watching reds games by sat nav  :D
Nor do I wish to quote so intensely another posters opinions because they so differ from my own slanted perspective on a players abilities.
Needless to say ,hopefully time will prove me correct and Aspas will  come good,meanwhile I will look you up on Google maps lad ,as anyone
sporting a cock on their head as colossal as what you display every time you post a decidedly unfunny retort ,has got to be wearing a hat that
would only feasibly cover the expansive cranium of 'Steve Bruce'  ........ till the next time Dickhead   :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:34 pm

He's a Sh*t player and most will agree with what I have said.

As for your post above, you obviously have taken it a bit too personal that you are have responded in such a stupid and uneducated manner.

Not my fault you can't stick to the thread and resort to throwing in the odd 80 year old grandpa insult.

Sat nav?  :laugh:

What are you on about you silly old c**t?  :laugh:  :laugh: 

You can do better than that.

eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:41 pm

You see I was under the impression that you using multiple quotes was an indication that you took my opinion a tad to personally.... As for wasting my
time with someone who cant even add his location ,well that would leave us just clogging up the boards with our obvious difference in opinion.

Although, because you seem like a right little gobshite ,if you wish to carry this on just PM me ,I'm sure I can accommodate your need for attention.
This forum has had many 2005 ers who have jumped on the bandwagon ,just none as odious as you.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:17 pm

On a lighter note

:laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:41 pm wrote:You see I was under the impression that you using multiple quotes was an indication that you took my opinion a tad to personally.... As for wasting my
time with someone who cant even add his location ,well that would leave us just clogging up the boards with our obvious difference in opinion.

Although, because you seem like a right little gobshite ,if you wish to carry this on just PM me ,I'm sure I can accommodate your need for attention.
This forum has had many 2005 ers who have jumped on the bandwagon ,just none as odious as you.

I have replied with multiple quotes on a number of occassions on this forum and many, many more. Unlike YOU other posters have actually responded to the topic at hand.

The fact that you have exploded like an uneducated muppet into grandpa insults is downright weird?  :suspect:

You see in the REAL world if you were having a conversation with someone and they challenged your points, it would seem rather strange that you start calling them names.

Even more strange that you refuse to answer their points based on the fact that you don't know where they come from............  :laugh:

It's obvious we have a difference in opinions, but i thought forums were here to discuss these opinions.

Why on earth would I waste my time PMing you? It seems as an individual you are too worked up and prone to flying into unprovoked fits of rage with people you don't even know?

Funny video tho.

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion