IAGO ASPAS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:08 am

eds » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:41 pm wrote:You see I was under the impression that you using multiple quotes was an indication that you took my opinion a tad to personally.... As for wasting my
time with someone who cant even add his location ,well that would leave us just clogging up the boards with our obvious difference in opinion.

Although, because you seem like a right little gobshite ,if you wish to carry this on just PM me ,I'm sure I can accommodate your need for attention.
This forum has had many 2005 ers who have jumped on the bandwagon ,just none as odious as you.

I have replied with multiple quotes on a number of occassions on this forum and many, many more. Unlike YOU other posters have actually responded to the topic at hand.

The fact that you have exploded like an uneducated muppet into grandpa insults is downright weird?  :suspect:

You see in the REAL world if you were having a conversation with someone and they challenged your points, it would seem rather strange that you start calling them names.

Even more strange that you refuse to answer their points based on the fact that you don't know where they come from............  :laugh:

It's obvious we have a difference in opinions, but i thought forums were here to discuss these opinions.

Why on earth would I waste my time PMing you? It seems as an individual you are too worked up and prone to flying into unprovoked fits of rage with people you don't even know?

Funny video tho.

Last word ,as the thread is slowly deteriorating into a ridiculous loop .I made my points about Aspas, it was you who disputed them ,as for me making
reference to your location that simply implied I wouldn't deem it practical to argue with someone who probably  hasn't even seen Anfield,in fact possibly the closest you've ever come to Anfield is when you've smelt it on a well thumbed match programme that you've managed to obtain at some yard sale .....Who knows ,the thing is rather than get all condescending by constructing a multiple post ,I can just simply fail to see you as relevant .. That works fine for me  :D

Now is that conclusive enough ,or do you need to break it down with multiple quotes utilising the vast amount of time you obviously believe you have to invest
in such trivial matters ? .....Oh and yes the video is funny ,maybe you could take notes.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 am

I tire of this "you said and I said" bs.

Look next time I won't bother trying to have a proper debate with you about a LIVERPOOL player on a LIVERPOOL forum.

This has descended into a petty squabble because YOU don't want to address any of my football points above.

Instead you insist on cracking lame insult after lame insult which I and I'm sure any one else reading would find quiet............boring  :glare:

If you are convinced in the ridiculous notion that your opinion is at an "advantage" by watching a player in a stadium as compared to live TV I really don't know what to say.  :laugh:

Do you not understand the irony in complaining that I wasted my time quoting something which was football related when all you have done afterwards is dribble on about "sat navs", "locations" and "program guides" which has NOTHING to do with this thread and is wasting YOUR very own time?   ???
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:04 am

Ed's and Red Beergoogles, spare the rest of us and (if you must) continue your conversation via pm.

Respect the input you lads usually give to the forum but the pair of you should read/re-read the "THREAD DERAILMENT" notice.

Thanx

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:30 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:04 am wrote:Ed's and Red Beergoogles, spare the rest of us and (if you must) continue your conversation via pm.

Respect the input you lads usually give to the forum but the pair of you should read/re-read the "THREAD DERAILMENT" notice.

Thanx

I was enjoying reading that!

Makes a change I wasn't involved. :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:39 pm

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Struggled a bit for the first 30 mins ,but started to play some neat football at the end of the first half ,and in the second really improved.
I thought his goal gave him an injection of confidence that's been missing from his game ,and he started to link up really well with the
attack....I hope the goal ,a sweetly taken half volley helps his overall game move up a notch.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:32 am

Good goal.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 am

nice to see him score and start to link up with our players, but I'm sceptical about his ability and a half decent match against league 1 sides does little to change it.

No doubt he'll get a run out in the next FA Cup game, but Sturridge is only a week or two away from full fitness and that'll force Aspas down the pecking order. I just can't see him breaking in to our side and fully expect him to be gone in the summer, if not sooner.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 pm

I think Aspas can be our wild card ,lets just see what level he attains after slotting that goal and comfortably playing his best game in a reds shirt .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 pm wrote:I think Aspas can be our wild card ,lets just see what level he attains after slotting that goal and comfortably playing his best game in a reds shirt .

I bet you just saw the best level he can attain. With Sturridge fit, he won't get a sniff at a single league minute.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:05 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 pm wrote:I think Aspas can be our wild card ,lets just see what level he attains after slotting that goal and comfortably playing his best game in a reds shirt .

I bet you just saw the best level he can attain. With Sturridge fit, he won't get a sniff at a single league minute.

Does while Sturridge is injured? :D

He took his goal superbly well, very difficult finish and he buried it in the corner, it was however a weak shot and doubt it would have beaten a top goalkeeper as their positioning and reflexes would have been much better.

He is ALOT better than he's shown so far I think, you can see it in the odd run he makes, the odd touch and lay off, but I don't think fora minute he's good enough to play for this club. Very average player for me.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:46 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:33 pm wrote:

That well maybe the case ,but as it stands it was a decent performance ,who knows what the future brings ....its as unpredictable as it is exciting .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Hopefully he can starting kick on from here.

He looked very good pre season, and then got injured before he had a chance to bed in and start getting to grips with the pace and physicality of the Pl.

He looks like he may have the skill and talent. Let's hope he can now adapt.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 pm

forgot we had him until he came on for the final 5 mins...can't see any future for the lad anymore and wouldn't be surprised if he went out in the summer, along with Borini.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Won't be missed. Hope it happens too.

Iago Aspas has told FTBpro that he may have to leave Liverpool this summer after 12 frustrating months at Anfield.

The 26-year-old forward was snapped up from Celta Vigo in 2013 with the intention of being another creative link in the final third of the field.

Brendan Rodgers splashed out over £7million on the Spaniard, but has seen little return on that investment.

Aspas has struggled for form and fitness, restricting him to just 12 appearances in all competitions - in which he has netted only one goal against Oldham Athletic in the FA Cup.

He admits that he has found the going tough, and that his situation is unlikely to improve as he competes with talismanic figures such as Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho for first team recognition.

As he is at an age where a short-term loan spell would offer little benefit, Aspas has now conceded that it may be in the best interests of all concerned if he cuts short his English adventure at the end of the season.

He told FTBpro: "I'm not 20 years old anymore, I can't go on loan and explode.

"I think the best would be to transfer to another club that I find the best fit for myself and the club."

On his lack of game time on Merseyside, Aspas added: "This is the hardest part. I used to play almost all the matches and I arrived here playing much less. This is the tough side of football."
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion