IAGO ASPAS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Like I said Benny, if we have the chance (meaning if Suarez or Sturridge are out injured/suspended).

Maybe he was a wrong buy but he's still with us so we might as well give it a try before we get rid of him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Crossing fingers that we never see that scenario and if we did would prefer to see us try Yesil or Texirea or Ngoo or Ibe - young lads that we can mould and can have a future with us. The young lads we should have shown some faith in during the summer
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Certainly continuing to follow in the footsteps of Borini - out injured for 5 weeks with a ruptured rectum ! ( broken ***** ) ???

LIVERPOOL’S IAGO ASPAS REVEALS RUPTURED RECTUM INJURY ON TWITTER

POSTED BY ROB PARKER ON OCTOBER 18, 2013 IN: ALL NEWS, LIVERPOOL|POST COMMENT

Confirmado rotura en el recto en el entrenamiento de ayer,unas 5semanas de baja  #YNWA

— Iago Aspas Juncal (@aspas10) October 18, 2013

Liverpool striker Iago Aspas has tweeted to say that he is out for five weeks with a “ruptured rectum”.

The Spaniard tweeted: “Confirmed rupture in the rectum in training yesterday, about 5weeks of feeling low  .”

That doesn’t sound particularly pleasant. And we’re not sure what he would be doing in training to do that.

We hope for his sake it turns out to be a misdiagnosis on his part!
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:12 pm

got to be a wind up that, unless someone tried to volley the ball and missed and ended up kicking him up the @rse or something.
anyway hope he recovers and gets back playing soon
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redno7 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:46 pm wrote:Aspas has shown nothing that should mean he should be played as a striker IMO

He was the wrong buy IMO

how many minutes of playing time are you basing that pearler of a statement on? the kid has hardly featured at all yet you've ordered him a taxi.  :no

When his ar$e heals up I'd like to see him get a run in the team but I'm not sure we can afford to drop anyone yet though.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm basing it on what I have seen when he has played

He is not getting game time for the same reason why Borini didn't get game time - he isn't good enough

So yes I think he will leave in the summer and yes I think he was the wrong buy. He won't be the first and won't be the last
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 pm

To be fair to Benny Aspas has looked absolutely awful. Doesnt look threatning in the slightest

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Surely he could have been less specific in revealing the injury  :nod  I know if i ripped my star i wouldnt be announcing it on twitter :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:50 am

Official news now has it as being a thigh injury not his a.ss !! :laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby eds » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:27 am

redno7 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:16 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:46 pm wrote:Aspas has shown nothing that should mean he should be played as a striker IMO

He was the wrong buy IMO

how many minutes of playing time are you basing that pearler of a statement on? the kid has hardly featured at all yet you've ordered him a taxi.  :no

When his ar$e heals up I'd like to see him get a run in the team but I'm not sure we can afford to drop anyone yet though.

Mate, have you actually watched ANY Liverpool games this season featuring Aspas?

He is completely and utterly out of his depth in the premiership.

He has been nothing short of awful, on par with Borini (except he cost more) and this "giving him more time" rubbish is just laughable......

He needs to be sold in January and we need to bring in a decent 3rd striker.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:50 am wrote:Official news now has it as being a thigh injury not his a.ss !! :laugh:

It did make me wonder what he'd been upto the night before...

Garlands, G-Bar or Pink maybe? :wwww
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby redno7 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:49 am

eds » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:27 am wrote:Mate, have you actually watched ANY Liverpool games this season featuring Aspas?

He is completely and utterly out of his depth in the premiership.

He has been nothing short of awful, on par with Borini (except he cost more) and this "giving him more time" rubbish is just laughable......

He needs to be sold in January and we need to bring in a decent 3rd striker.

No I haven't due to the fact he hasn't played much time, I saw him play fairly well in preseason though, he looked like he could do a job for us. He just seems to have been written off by everyone but how many minutes has he had? anyone know? doesn't seem many at all.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I will reserve judgement until he plays as a striker alongside someone like Suarez .....until such a time I will still retain a degree of hope.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:12 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm wrote:I will reserve judgement until he plays as a striker alongside someone like Suarez .....until such a time I will still retain a degree of hope.

Ever the eternal optimist ay?

Keep giving them games until either,

A: They improve... Which they never do... or...
B: You start to accept them for being average and just ignore their weaknesses and built them up into something they aren't.

It worked for Lucas I suppose... :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm

StuYesThatStu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm wrote:I will reserve judgement until he plays as a striker alongside someone like Suarez .....until such a time I will still retain a degree of hope.

Ever the eternal optimist ay?

Keep giving them games until either,

A: They improve... Which they never do... or...
B: You start to accept them for being average and just ignore their weaknesses and built them up into something they aren't.

It worked for Lucas I suppose... :D

Well, we cant all be steely eyed devotees of the beautiful game Stu.....some of us just have to rely on faith ,and a good nose for a player.
I'm just delighted that you decided to return to the forum to let us know what's really happening ,and to bless us with your football knowledge.
I for one am richer for the experience........ Golf's loss is footballs gain.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion