How much do the media influence us? - Liverpool - are we lucky?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:48 pm

The press have been negative towards us ever since Rafa arrived - it wasnt too bad when we had GH but god forbid if the press or even pundits that used to play for us ever give us any praise
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:52 pm

GYBS wrote:The press have been negative towards us ever since Rafa arrived - it wasnt too bad when we had GH but god forbid if the press or even pundits that used to play for us ever give us any praise

I agree with that mate. Earlier in thsi thread I did an ultra long post when I was p!ssed one night about the reasons for it. I re read it earlier, and although it's mostly b0ll0cks (of course) there are bits in it which talk about the reasons why which are I think just about right.

I don't expect you to read it or anything, just saying like    :D Anyway, it kind of says some of it is to do with Rafa's manner towards the press. CAN I JUST SAY I'M NOT SAYING ITS THEREFORE RAFA'S FAULT. FFS.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:54 pm

I think its cause Rafa doesnt bow down to them and just sticks to whatever subject he wants to speak about and refuses to be drawn into them sh it stirring so they just make cr ap up . Taggert refuses to even speak to BBC and sends his number two out yet constant praise for them all through the years . Taggert has the media and the refs in the palm of his hand .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:05 pm

I honestly don't believe the media have a down on Liverpool, its just the majority of them are lazy and go for the easy story. When we were winning everything we couldn't do a thing wrong as far as the media were concerned. Not practising freekicks , training by playing five a side. If we were getting beat every week the press would have pilloried us. We were winning every week so it was genius at work. 

You do a story on how Ferguson has rotated 9 hundred times, and everyone will say so what they won most all of those games anyway. Do a story on how Rafa has rotated 700 times and it becomes a big story. Not because its Liverpool or Rafa, but because we arn't winning titles and rotation may be costing us games. The point is make a decision and rightly or wrongly if you win you get forgiven everything, if you lose you had better have a fkn good excuse, because you will need it.
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion