The media betting hard on rafa's fall. - Boring liverpool vs wonderful gooners!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:58 am

Yari7 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:I watched the utd game last night. And no kidding the itv commentators must have mentioned cristiano ronaldo every second. Now lets not forget they were playing roma, not the best team in the competition but after going 1-0 up utd are now the best team in the competetion, all other teams will be scared of utd, its roma for ffs ! If alex ferguson invited the commentators to there dressing and asked if they wanted to give the players a bit of oral they would be there in seconds !
It really was cringeworthy listening to the attention they got by beating roma. Can you imagine if they win the bloody thing? makes me shudder just thinking about it......

I couldn't beleive the amount of United :censored: kissing that went on yesterday. United were pretty much average for most of the game yet as soon as Ronaldo scored, they are the best team in the competition.

Precisely. Roma didn't dominate possession, slack with their finishing, were easily hit on the counter and the second manc goal was down to a bit of luck when the keeper didn't quite get the ball and it broke kindly to Rooney.

Did we get half as much credit for beating Serie A LEADERS home AND away? A team that hadn't lost for months, Rafa not hailed as a master tactician but apparently they didn't take their chances and were pretty poor. Ahem, sounds very much like what Roma were.................. Yes, if Inter had played better then the result might have been different, but it was EXACTLY the same situation with Roma.

EDIT :-

And just to put Roma into perspective :-

ROMA

European Cups : 0
UEFA Cups : 0
European Finals : 2

Finals : European Cup 1984 - lost to Liverpool, UEFA Cup 1991 - lost to Inter Milan

INTER MILAN

European Cups : 2 (1964, 1965)
UEFA Cups : 3 (1991, 1994, 1998)
European Finals : 7

So Inter have won five European trophies to Roma's zilch, while Roma are viewed as a big club they are lacking anything to show for it on the European stage. And Inter have lost in the European Cup final twice (1967, 1972) so their record is in every way better than Roma's.
Last edited by Owzat on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:22 am

Owzat wrote:Did we get half as much credit for beating Serie A LEADERS home AND away? A team that hadn't lost for months, Rafa not hailed as a master tactician but apparently they didn't take their chances and were pretty poor. Ahem, sounds very much like what Roma were.................. Yes, if Inter had played better then the result might have been different, but it was EXACTLY the same situation with Roma.

EDIT :-

And just to put Roma into perspective :-

ROMA

European Cups : 0
UEFA Cups : 0
European Finals : 2

Finals : European Cup 1984 - lost to Liverpool, UEFA Cup 1991 - lost to Inter Milan

INTER MILAN

European Cups : 2 (1964, 1965)
UEFA Cups : 3 (1991, 1994, 1998)
European Finals : 7

So Inter have won five European trophies to Roma's zilch, while Roma are viewed as a big club they are lacking anything to show for it on the European stage. And Inter have lost in the European Cup final twice (1967, 1972) so their record is in every way better than Roma's.

I've been saying the same this week. I couldn't believe how much utd were bummed on tuesday night. Another thing that pisses me off is whenever Ronaldo scores, he's hailed as the best thing since sliced bread but whenever Gerrard scores, we're described as a one-man team - "Gerrard rescues Liverpool again!" bullshit!! It feckin' p!sses me off big time!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm

the coverage of the derby was :censored: too. all they kept talking about was how everton are not playing well, they need to step it up a gear, they cant come out 2nd half like that. not once did anyone mention liverpool COMPLETELY outclassed them and handed them their :censored: on a plate.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:09 pm

the bitters only played as well as we'd let them, their manager didn't even try to be attacking with a half fit yak up front and not even Osman along side him. And Carsley just fouled away to his heart's content, so lucky not to be sent off for that and various other misdemeanours for which any Liverpool player would have been sent off, given an extra two games ban and crucified.

It's funny how often the mancs' chances of winning in Europe are talked up, they've ONCE got to the final and never looked like repeating the feat. Even ARSENAL have played a CL final, can't be that hard for the supposed best team in the world to do the same. Even the "seven QFs in a row" statistic was a joke when that was doing the rounds, so apparently being one of the eight best teams in Europe seven years in a row makes you the best?!?!?!?!? fergie will carry on as long as he can until he wins it again, it must be eating away at him. I can't believe even a scot would keep on repeating the same trick and not get bored so it must be the trick he can't master..........................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion