The media betting hard on rafa's fall. - Boring liverpool vs wonderful gooners!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Why do the media hate us?

I mean Sky who love Manure & have Andy (I hate Liverpool) Gray I can understand. With Sky you can put The Sun, News of the world,The Times & Talksport because they are owned by that Aussie T**T. But the BBC seem to be joining the bandwagon along with ITV who are desperate for an Arsenal Vs Manure final.

We are being branded the "workman like" Liverpool pitted against the "artisans" of Arsenal. Have you seen Arsenal recently? Since Eduardo got his ankle handed to him they (Arsenal) have been subdued & lacked confidence upfront.

Bolton appart we have been better over the last ten weeks & in my opinion will beat the gooners hands down over both legs. I imagine if we win there will be reasons why Arsenal were beaten rather than the fact we outplayed them.

The media are determined to get Benitez the sack because they believe we will go running to Morhinio which will give them more colum inches.
spion

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:58 pm

The media love the mancs, the BBC showed all the manc matches they could get in the FA Cup and must have cried rivers when they didn't get to show the last game - probably cried when they lost too! ITV loves the mancs, they'll show a meaningless dead rubber game with the mancs rather than a game that means something. Made me laugh they put the mancs predictable win over Lyon on instead of the much more unpredictable Milan game and then showed the Milan game on ITV1 when it became clear the goners had pulled off a remarkable win.

Quite why they hate Liverpool is another matter. Perhaps it's jealousy or purely jumping on the "laugh at Liverpool who haven't won the league for X years" bandwaggon. If we'd won a league or two in the past six years I think the criticism and knocking would be considerably less, because the rest of the big four have won the title at least twice since 2000 we're easy targets because of our spending. Chelsea did get stick for buying two titles and their history, we seem to get more for not having done that!

But take no notice, I always say that someone must be important for everyone else to feel the need to discuss them all the time and take pokes at them. Nobodies draw little attention, so by default we must be the biggest or second best club around because they focus so much attention on us.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:41 pm

I watched the utd game last night. And no kidding the itv commentators must have mentioned cristiano ronaldo every second. Now lets not forget they were playing roma, not the best team in the competition but after going 1-0 up utd are now the best team in the competetion, all other teams will be scared of utd, its roma for ffs ! If alex ferguson invited the commentators to there dressing and asked if they wanted to give the players a bit of oral they would be there in seconds !
It really was cringeworthy listening to the attention they got by beating roma. Can you imagine if they win the bloody thing? makes me shudder just thinking about it......
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Drury and Pleat last night were abysmal. Only Tyldesley can make more references to the mancs during a game. These two however last night almost set a record.

Best this:
Most that:
Least defeats since:
More goals than:
Nobody left in it better:

F*ckin sickening the lengths these commentators will go to. O.K They are a very good side...but f*ck me! How much is actually IN these brown envelopes!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Ahh feck em , do what we do best and ram it back down the feckers throats. COME ON REDMEN!!!!!!
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:04 pm

The commentry on talkcr@p radio was just as bad. Ronaldo, best player in the world, no one to touch Utd, supurb result, roma not been beaten at home all season, Champions league in the bag for utd, fergason master tactician (my @rse), best defence in the league.
It was such blatent bias it was untrue. But like Igor said F*CK EM
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:15 pm

I don't think the media hate us. The sad thing this season has been that we've been more interesting to the outsider for backroom problems than we have been for events on the pitch. That's a problem in our own backyard, so we can't point fingers at the tabloids for that.

The bottom line is that they'll always be kinder to the team at the top of the table. Notice how the ridiculously overblown fawning over Arsenal's play has suddenly been replaced with columns about how thin their squad is, and that they were never likely to be able to sustain their form over an entire season?

At the end of the day, it hasn't been a vintage season for us, and we can't really feel too hard done by in terms of press coverage. We could, in theory, have had nothing but "Rafa to be fired" stories ever since the problems first came to light late last year, but thankfully that's not happened.

The only thing that's really rankled me this season was the BBC's shameful decision to pass on covering our FA Cup tie against Havant & Waterlooville. Other than that, I'm less than bothered.
ivor_the_injun

Postby PhiLFC » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Ferguson??? D'you know that its 9 years since the scum won the CL?  fckin master tactician absolute bollox... apparently old red nose has been at the biggest, best and richest team in the world and won 1 CL in 22 years... where the fck do these people come from... w4nkers.
PhiLFC

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:32 pm

PhiLFC wrote:Ferguson??? D'you know that its 9 years since the scum won the CL?  fckin master tactician absolute bollox... apparently old red nose has been at the biggest, best and richest team in the world and won 1 CL in 22 years... where the fck do these people come from... w4nkers.

:laugh:  too true
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:49 pm

I'm really getting quite annoyed by all this talk of Arsenal and their "beautiful football".  It's making all their players and supporters act like a bunch of arrogant :censored:.  They think that they have the divine right to win everything just because they play attractive football.  I really hope we crush their European dreams tonight.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Yari7 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Kharhaz wrote:I watched the utd game last night. And no kidding the itv commentators must have mentioned cristiano ronaldo every second. Now lets not forget they were playing roma, not the best team in the competition but after going 1-0 up utd are now the best team in the competetion, all other teams will be scared of utd, its roma for ffs ! If alex ferguson invited the commentators to there dressing and asked if they wanted to give the players a bit of oral they would be there in seconds !
It really was cringeworthy listening to the attention they got by beating roma. Can you imagine if they win the bloody thing? makes me shudder just thinking about it......

I couldn't beleive the amount of United :censored: kissing that went on yesterday. United were pretty much average for most of the game yet as soon as Ronaldo scored, they are the best team in the competition.
Yari7

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:01 pm

It's all money, so it's all hype. What will make things sweeter is when they (the Mancs) go crashing out in the semi's yet again to a class side. Always the same. The downfall of anything is hype. "Unstoppable" as my Manc supporting glory hunting cousin (he used to follow us in the late 80's) put it. Unstoppable he says. Yeah, and he said that at the start when he thought they were winning the treble. I normally don't take much pleasure in them getting beaten, but when Barca dump them out, I will laugh my balls off. Them and their pathetic European record think they have the given right to win it every f*cking year.

We get a decent result tonight, and it won't change a thing. We still won't be spoken of as winners of this competition until we actually win it. C*nts! That's all I can say. C*nts!

And Mr Pleat is the biggest bore in commentary. He should be banned from the air.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:10 pm

I don't give two fecks abt what the other commentators think ,  there are 3 commentators that i respect . Martin tyler , Andy gray and Rob hawthrwone . 3 of the best in the job and at least commentate on the match . We well beat arsenal , chelsea and either the mancs or barca to life this championship .

Cmon u redmen
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:51 am

spion wrote:....you can put The Sun, News of the world,.......

ANY Liverpool fan should not know if those particular publications are bias or not. EVER.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 am

Toffeehater wrote:I don't give two fecks abt what the other commentators think ,  there are 3 commentators that i respect . Martin tyler , Andy gray and Rob hawthrwone . 3 of the best in the job and at least commentate on the match . We well beat arsenal , chelsea and either the mancs or barca to life this championship .

Cmon u redmen

U respect Andy Gray ? Jeeessssh
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion