Lucky liverpool - No good luck wishes from this fella

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:46 pm

I always endeavour to be as honest as possible so it is literally devastating  me to wish Arsenal and the few Cockneys I know any luck in the Champions league ,especially after all their unstinting support towards our campaign last glorious season  (If I was wearing sleeves id laugh up them ) .
So come on people, who really resents  the fact they have gotten so far in the Champions League .
Who really detests Wenger for his Lucky Liverpool rants during our phenomenal European cup run.
Who in all sincerity  would wish to stand in Arsenals  new home next season, and listen to the chants from the new kings of Europe .
Arsene Wenger is the least hospitable manager  in the Premiership ,but the French seem to possess  a  penchant for arrogance and at every stage last season and at every opportunity , seemed to revel in undermining  Liverpools progress  to the extent of turning  a deeper shade of green with every interview he conducted .
No people I don’t forget and to give the bragging Cockneys  more room to boast would inevitably  cause me to choke ,so I wont be sending my well wishes .
So who else on this forum is honest enough to say likewise .
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:59 pm

I make absolutely no apologies for hoping they get utterly humiliated by Barcelona, and that's assuming they can get past Villareal. Bearing in mind that they can't beat Portsmouth, Villareal over 2 legs isn't exactly a gimme.

Celtic aside, I will never cheer on our rivals in Europe.
ivor_the_injun

Postby davo_LFC » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:07 pm

i certainly dont wont the ©unts to win it, although i dont hate ar.senal i despise some of their players who constantly cheat ie. reyes and co and I say fu.ck all the shi.te about wanting england to be represnted well in the competition like so many people say. I'll just be hoping that juan roman riquelme plays a blinder against them and sends them out because we all know that the london press (who are always choking on our sweet success :D )will never stop going on about it for decades. Their last two performances have been impressive, despite the fact it was against two ageing teams in juve and madrid but their group was pi.ss easy so wenger with his sour grapes cant say anything about us being lucky.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:08 pm

you have to laugh don't you? like wenger saw any of our CL run last year to comment :D

lets see who they've beat so far.

ajax- the worst ajax team i can remember at that
sparta prague- give me a f'ckin break
fc thun- who?
real madrid- a bunch of premadonnas
juventus- by far the worst juve team in living memory and a juve side that were far worse than the one we played last year.

also, if they win it, they'll probably be the first side to win it without a single player from that country's origin. sad really.

they won't win it anyway. it's barca's to lose. :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:37 pm

I've got no real problem with Arsenal--compared to Man U or Chelsea, that is!

I've supported them in the CL so far because they play some lovely football at times and I have a soft spot for the underdog in most competitions.

Having said that, I'd be thrilled to see Villareal put one over on them as well (The "Yellow Submarine" might be our true emulators in this year's competition, rather than Arsenal).

Here's an interesting scenario that I can't get out of my head, though:

Arsenal get to the final against Milan, go 3-0 down by halftime, rejig the tactics at the break and.......................................

Do fook all in the 2nd half!  :laugh:  :p  :laugh:

What woudl 'Monsieur Bean' say then?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:00 pm

I'm gonna put a small bet on Villareal . Got a  feeling they'll sneak past Arsenal .

No CL for them next year and consequently no Thiery Henry .  :D

Still , they'll have a new "Emirates" stadium . Maybe they'll stage some Camel races there . :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:10 pm

:D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:12 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I'm gonna put a small bet on Villareal . Got a  feeling they'll sneak past Arsenal .

No CL for them next year and consequently no Thiery Henry .  :D

Still , they'll have a new "Emirates" stadium . Maybe they'll stage some Camel races there . :laugh:

:D  :D  :D
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:21 pm

I've said elsewhere I don't want them to win the Champions League. 

I've no real problem with Arsenal, compared to Everton, Man Utd and Chelsea for instance.  Some say Arsenal are arrogant, but they are not as dislikeable as the sides I mentioned above.  Thierry Henry is simply poetry in motion when he has one of his blinding days, and he seems a top role model off the pitch as well.  He deserves everything he can get out of the game, and what he has already won, even Champions League included because he is one of the Worlds greats.  Arsenal have class all over the park, but I still don't want them to win anything.  I admire them but I still want to beat them every time in every competition.

For me, forget all this 'Support English Clubs In Europe' business.  There's only one English club who count for me.  I didn't want that result in 1999, I was rooting for Bayern Munich, and should Arsenal get to Paris, I won't be rooting for them.  Sorry to sound like a spoilt brat, but I don't want what we achieved last year forgotten so soon by ANYONE.  Due to the London being media central, it will be like Istanbul 2005 never happened.  I'm serious as well, if it happens, you watch.

If I sit on the fence though, I would say that Villarreal look like they've had their name on it the whole competition.  Just a feeling I've had since the early rounds, given what happened with Porto and ourselves, unfancied sides and definite outsiders if we're being honest over the last two seasons.  Riquelme has graced every game I've seen him play in so far in this competition, especially against Inter last week.  Barcelona are the best side on paper in the competition and were always going to be there or thereabouts from the start of the competition and deservedly so.  The most experienced side left in the competition, AC Milan can never ever be written off even though we all saw what happened last year.  You'd be stupid to say they will not be hungry to avenge last years defeat.  Their players have seen it and done it many times before in this competition, right through the side whether it's Maldini, Seedorf, Stam, Serginho, Dida, you name it.

Arsenal on their day could beat all three.  It's anybody's trophy if you ask me.

Answering the question, who do I want to win? 

Anyone but Arsenal will do me.
jonnymac1979

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:28 pm

Villareal will not concede at home and go through on a single away goal (Derek Mary loves dick Acorah) :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:30 pm

Well I hope they win it! Coming from ireland I've always seen Arsenal as "the Liverpool of London" which is a great compliment to them! I was an admirer of Tony Adams, Seaman, etc, great pros! And I think henry is pure class and a joy to behold! I don't begrudge them in the slightest, but if they win they gotta beat barca, and I don't fancy their chances there!
Poolinc.

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I've said elsewhere I don't want them to win the Champions League. 

I've no real problem with Arsenal, compared to Everton, Man Utd and Chelsea for instance.  Some say Arsenal are arrogant, but they are not as dislikeable as the sides I mentioned above.  Thierry Henry is simply poetry in motion when he has one of his blinding days, and he seems a top role model off the pitch as well.  He deserves everything he can get out of the game, and what he has already won, even Champions League included because he is one of the Worlds greats.  Arsenal have class all over the park, but I still don't want them to win anything.  I admire them but I still want to beat them every time in every competition.

For me, forget all this 'Support English Clubs In Europe' business.  There's only one English club who count for me.  I didn't want that result in 1999, I was rooting for Bayern Munich, and should Arsenal get to Paris, I won't be rooting for them.  Sorry to sound like a spoilt brat, but I don't want what we achieved last year forgotten so soon by ANYONE.  Due to the London being media central, it will be like Istanbul 2005 never happened.  I'm serious as well, if it happens, you watch.

If I sit on the fence though, I would say that Villarreal look like they've had their name on it the whole competition.  Just a feeling I've had since the early rounds, given what happened with Porto and ourselves, unfancied sides and definite outsiders if we're being honest over the last two seasons.  Riquelme has graced every game I've seen him play in so far in this competition, especially against Inter last week.  Barcelona are the best side on paper in the competition and were always going to be there or thereabouts from the start of the competition and deservedly so.  The most experienced side left in the competition, AC Milan can never ever be written off even though we all saw what happened last year.  You'd be stupid to say they will not be hungry to avenge last years defeat.  Their players have seen it and done it many times before in this competition, right through the side whether it's Maldini, Seedorf, Stam, Serginho, Dida, you name it.

Arsenal on their day could beat all three.  It's anybody's trophy if you ask me.

Answering the question, who do I want to win? 

Anyone but Arsenal will do me.

Fleet St awaits with baited breath ,its true they will positively soil their grubby pants in anticipation of a gooners victory  .
Good post  Macca .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:40 pm

I can understand people who DO want them to win it, and I don't begrudge them thinking that or think less of people. 

I'll be honest with you, as an example, I can clearly remember wanting Everton to win the FA Cup in 1995 simply because they were playing Man Utd, and I REALLY dislike Everton and their stupid self pity and blame everything on the merderin' redshite culture.  Unfortunately, someone had to win that day and I would rather Everton over Man Utd when push comes to shove.  I actually feel dirty after saying that but it was choosing a lesser pain over another.  No Liverpool fan won that day.  Everyone lost.

I just don't lie in the camp that wants Arsenal to win this competition.  The media will spin last year into a fluke and it will do my head in.
jonnymac1979

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:50 pm

I can honestly proclaim hand on heart I have never wanted Man United to win when playing Everton ,but it is equally true my blue nose mates would not reciprocate the sentiments when reversed .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:52 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Sorry to sound like a spoilt brat, but I don't want what we achieved last year forgotten so soon by ANYONE.  Due to the London being media central, it will be like Istanbul 2005 never happened.  I'm serious as well, if it happens, you watch.

Spot on, J-Mac...

In David Fairclough's Tuesday column on .tv he noted that some media 'pundits' were suggesting that Boro's fightback over Basle last week was the "greatest European come-back of all time."  What? ???

Now, if some people want to grant that distinction to BORO less than a year on from Istanbul and for a QUARTER-FINAL TIE IN THE FOOKIN' UEFA CUP ( :angry: ) you can only imagine what the London press would do with Arsenal winning the CL this season.  Istanbul would never get mentioned again!

Screw that!  Arsenal get enough glory without stealing ours...come on Villareal!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion