Glen johnson at left back..... - A one off, or the plan?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Aurelio is still number one left back with insua his back up - insua still got more development but looking good .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:39 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
ElNino9 wrote:Steven Irwin? Christopher Buchtmann? Chris Mavinga? Alex Kacaniklic?

Irwin is right sided and not really that talented, Kacaniklic is a winger, Butchmann might move to the wing.  And they are all tooooooooo young and inexperienced anyway.  Who knows how good Mavinga is.

Disagree on Irwin i think he is a very good player.
He is right sided though like you say so wouldnt be an option at left full back really.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ElNino9 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Irwin has played everywhere for Liverpool, Kaceneklic has played at LB be4, Butchmann was moved from LW to LB and I don't know how good Mavinga will be but we might aswell give him a go.
ElNino9

Postby roberto green » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Iv'e just watched yesterday's game and although it was just a friendly I was very impressed by glen johnson.It looks like we will finally have a full back who is more than just doing a job

:)
roberto green

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:59 pm

ElNino9 wrote:Irwin has played everywhere for Liverpool, Kaceneklic has played at LB be4, Butchmann was moved from LW to LB and I don't know how good Mavinga will be but we might aswell give him a go.

just because someone plays LB for 5 minutes for the reserves or U18s, that does not mean they could be counted on as part of the club's depth at the position. Irwin has spent the vast majority of his time in games in a red shirt in the last 2 years at right back, and when he has been there, it has been at CM.

What game did Kananiklic play LB? it must have only been for a half or something, his defensive skills are nothing to write home about.

while butchmann was impressive for the U18s at LB, he plays for Germany as a left midfielder, and he played so well as a LM in the Euro U17s that he was named one of UEFAs stars of the future.  He was probably only playing LB because there werent any good ones in the U18s and it was a way that both him and Kacaniklic could be on the field at the same time.

what do you mean "might as well give him a go?"  i am sure he will play some in the reserve's pre-season games.
JoeTerp

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion