Glen johnson out........a good thing? i think so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Infact, don't answer... we have the best 11 players in the league in every position, so when we finish fifth it won't be down to them...

It will be down to bad luck of some other pathetic excuse.

Yay "go liverpool" *clap clap clap*
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Agger has been poor for 18 months by his own standards. I've said for a while that he's overrated by our own fans because of his loyalty to the club. Lucas has never been the same since he got a serious injury. Sturridge is in great form but still has a lot to prove. Same for Mignolet. Maybe I'm one of the ones who doesn't rate Enrique. For me he's the weakest link in the side. Headless chicken who's technically poor.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

stmichael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 pm wrote:Agger has been poor for 18 months by his own standards. I've said for a while that he's overrated by our own fans because of his loyalty to the club. Lucas has never been the same since he got a serious injury. Sturridge is in great form but still has a lot to prove. Same for Mignolet. Maybe I'm one of the ones who doesn't rate Enrique. For me he's the weakest link in the side. Headless chicken who's technically poor.

You having a laugh?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:38 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 am wrote:
stmichael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 pm wrote:Agger has been poor for 18 months by his own standards. I've said for a while that he's overrated by our own fans because of his loyalty to the club. Lucas has never been the same since he got a serious injury. Sturridge is in great form but still has a lot to prove. Same for Mignolet. Maybe I'm one of the ones who doesn't rate Enrique. For me he's the weakest link in the side. Headless chicken who's technically poor.

You having a laugh?

It's a game of opinions Stuart  :D

I think you'll find that the area that splits Liverpool fans the most is the fullbacks. Half rate Enrique, half don't. Same with Johnson.

Enrique... A fantastic on-ball defender; I think he's one of the strongest fullbacks I've ever seen. Great pace and great strength. But I've always thought that he's pretty miserable with the ball at his feet. He loves to get forward, but I think the attack suffers from it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:41 pm

So where exactly do LFC's weaknesses lie then?

Up until now, central defense, central midfield and wide attacking areas.

Because according to everyone on here the first 11 is full of great players or the best in the league in positions.

Not according to me and I actually haven't seen anyone else state that.

Sturridge has been called the best in the league in recent days.

Again, not by me. But he certainly is a very good striker and is a real asset to the team.

I've heard Lucas refered to as the best centre mid,

Not by me. But he has been very good thus far IMO.

Johnson the best right back,

I'd struggle to think of a better RB. It's debatable certainly, even so it shows he's still a good RB. I believe when he's on form he is the best in the league.

I've seen people talking about Agger calling him the best in the league,

Nah, not me. Good player but I haven't said that. In fact he's looked liable in his first three games.

Toure's a "great player",

He's replaced Carra without so much as a blip. Had a fantastic start to his LFC career.

Mignolet "better than Reina",

Yes, I can see why some would say that.

So assuming Gerrard, Coutinho, Suarez and Enrique are all actually as good as they actually are, that means we have eight or nine players who'd get into more or less every side in the league.

I'd never had said that, and I probably wouldn't assume what you have done about said players either.

That explains why we've been such a great side over the last 4 or five years.

Not really, half the players you've mentioned above, Toure, Mignolet, Coutinho and Sturridge haven't been around for 4 years, so it's hardly relative to suggest that when speaking of these players.

[/quote]
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:43 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 am wrote:
So why did Mourinho bin him off, why isn't he still at Chelsea, like Lampard, Terry and Cole?

Do you mean "Your Face Don't Fit" Mourinho , who himself got binned by Chelsea 19 days after selling Johnson   :laugh: . Is your yardstick "if Mourinho don't want you you must be shi'te"

btw Chelsea put in a bid to resign Johnson in 2009 , Portsmouth accepted the bid along with one from LFC, Johnson chose to join us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:45 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:30 am wrote:Infact, don't answer... we have the best 11 players in the league in every position, so when we finish fifth it won't be down to them...

It will be down to bad luck of some other pathetic excuse.

Yay "go liverpool" *clap clap clap*

well, no. this isn't at all what anyone is saying. Your going the extremes now to cause a stir. We have a decent team, we're pulling results out from average performances though which is a progression from last season. At the moment we're looking like a team.

so no ones clapping happy or saying we're the best team ever.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:46 pm

stmichael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:32 am wrote:Agger has been poor for 18 months by his own standards. I've said for a while that he's overrated by our own fans because of his loyalty to the club. Lucas has never been the same since he got a serious injury. Sturridge is in great form but still has a lot to prove. Same for Mignolet. Maybe I'm one of the ones who doesn't rate Enrique. For me he's the weakest link in the side. Headless chicken who's technically poor.

I'm inclined to agree with you about Enrique, defensively he's pretty sound.

Going forward he can be f.ucking awful and is like Milan Baros, head down running into trouble, he fails to pick the pass at the right time and slows momentum of attacks down when doing so and also his crossing is shabite at the best of times.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 am wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 am wrote:
So why did Mourinho bin him off, why isn't he still at Chelsea, like Lampard, Terry and Cole?

Do you mean "Your Face Don't Fit" Mourinho , who himself got binned by Chelsea 19 days after selling Johnson   :laugh: . Is your yardstick "if Mourinho don't want you you must be shi'te"

btw Chelsea put in a bid to resign Johnson in 2009 , Portsmouth accepted the bid along with one from LFC, Johnson chose to join us.

WHOOOOSHHHH

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 pm

So do you think Mourinho got sacked because he sold Johnson then Woof? :D

And even you can't believe he chose us over Chelsea... :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:36 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm wrote:So do you think Mourinho got sacked because he sold Johnson then Woof? :D

I actually think he probably did, or could have at the least.

He had a really bad time at Chelseas where his confidence would have been badly affected at the time. Going back there might have been something that he didnt fancy at all.

By the way I think he is a good player, but I think the end of last season he really struggled and hadnt started this one too well until the united match.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:18 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm wrote:So do you think Mourinho got sacked because he sold Johnson then Woof? :D

He clearly did choose us over Chelsea, he made it clear when he left Chelsea to go on loan to Portsmouth that he did so to play regularly and cement an England place. Looks like his choice was right, he was never going to return to Chelsea a year later and risk being constantly rotated. Not rocket science is it.

That aside you seem to be ignoring the fact that we aren't judging Johnson on the player he was 7 years ago. We are judging him on the player he has become, like I said - not a single manager in the last 7 years has not had him first choice at RB. Them the facts Stu.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I didn't think Portsmouth accepted the Chelsea bid because our bid cleared away debts they owed us ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:24 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:05 am wrote:
stmichael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 am wrote:assist stats count for nothing anyway. he cut put 20 sitters on a plate for our forwards but it means sod all if they miss the chances. leighton baines put in more crosses than any other player in europe last season and yet they had donkeys like jelavic and anichebe upfront.

he is definitely the best right back england have though. anyone who thinks kyle walker is better knows nothing about football. he's awful. jenkinson may make the grade in a few years.

Disagree, Ryan Taylor's a better footballer with a better touch and technique. Scores more goals aswell. Can take set pieces and spot a pass.

Richards is far better, great in the air, a fantastic athlete and hard as nails. Lacks a bit tactically but still better than Johnson by a country mile.

I'd play Kelly ahead of him as well.

Walker, another Johnson really. Typical overated player who can "run fast so he's boss and has potential" type.

Jenkinson, sorry, no... the lads a first division player at best.

Sure there are others out there better but I just can't be bothered thinking through them at the moment.

Oooo Johnson is better than Hibbert.... I'll give you that one :D

I was waiting for you to pull out one of your old favourites, Ryan Taylor better than Johnson lol behave yourself. Ryan Taylor, Dean Ashton and who was the other one you used to love  :rasp  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:24 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:05 am wrote:
stmichael » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 am wrote:assist stats count for nothing anyway. he cut put 20 sitters on a plate for our forwards but it means sod all if they miss the chances. leighton baines put in more crosses than any other player in europe last season and yet they had donkeys like jelavic and anichebe upfront.

he is definitely the best right back england have though. anyone who thinks kyle walker is better knows nothing about football. he's awful. jenkinson may make the grade in a few years.

Disagree, Ryan Taylor's a better footballer with a better touch and technique. Scores more goals aswell. Can take set pieces and spot a pass.

Richards is far better, great in the air, a fantastic athlete and hard as nails. Lacks a bit tactically but still better than Johnson by a country mile.

I'd play Kelly ahead of him as well.

Walker, another Johnson really. Typical overated player who can "run fast so he's boss and has potential" type.

Jenkinson, sorry, no... the lads a first division player at best.

Sure there are others out there better but I just can't be bothered thinking through them at the moment.

Oooo Johnson is better than Hibbert.... I'll give you that one :D

I was waiting for you to pull out one of your old favourites, Ryan Taylor better than Johnson lol behave yourself. Ryan Taylor, Dean Ashton and who was the other one you used to love  :rasp  :D

Who could forget Dean Ashton  :wwww
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion