GLEN JOHNSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:44 am wrote:Does his mother tie laces for his as well Andy. Come on guys lets not drift over onto the dark side... the awl'buggers amongst us remember pitches before proper drainage, subsoil heating and perfect turf finishes... d'ye think Ron Yates or Tommy Smith blamed the pitch for a poor performance?

The days of those pitches were also the days of heavy leather balls, todays light balls deviate much more
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:06 pm

I've never rated Johnson. To my mind he has never been a defender or wing back and most certainly not a centre-back even if we play four of them!

He can't defend - he never has been able to. He is quick though and can travel with the ball. He should be a right winger but he can't really cross!

I'm glad he's hopefully going, especially as he is reportedly earning quite a lot more than most of our players. I'd get Flanno back asap, then we would see a player again who can defend resolutely and have earnt his money.

As for the complaints about the pitch - well what nonsense. Both sides have to play on it and no one brought it up, as pointed out, after we played Man City off the park the other week! If it's that bad I hope they are working on it during this period when it's not in use?? Surely it can be improved in two weeks before we play Man Ure?
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:13 am

andy c legs » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:06 pm wrote:I've never rated Johnson. To my mind he has never been a defender or wing back and most certainly not a centre-back even if we play four of them!

He can't defend - he never has been able to. He is quick though and can travel with the ball. He should be a right winger but he can't really cross!

I'm glad he's hopefully going, especially as he is reportedly earning quite a lot more than most of our players. I'd get Flanno back asap, then we would see a player again who can defend resolutely and have earnt his money.

As for the complaints about the pitch - well what nonsense. Both sides have to play on it and no one brought it up, as pointed out, after we played Man City off the park the other week! If it's that bad I hope they are working on it during this period when it's not in use?? Surely it can be improved in two weeks before we play Man Ure?

Can't really argue with any of that, great post.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:44 am

i wonder what the reaction would have been if... say... coutinho had made comments about the state of the pitch and its effect on a quick passing game. i'm guessing he wouldn't receive the same vitriol that johnson has been.

disclaimer: doesn't mean i think johnson is in any way good enough...  :)

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun May 17, 2015 1:24 am

I love reading the early posts of this thread. I received so much abuse for saying he was *****. Benitez skunked 18m on him. We now (rightfully) give him away for free.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun May 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Big Niall » Sun May 17, 2015 12:24 am wrote:I love reading the early posts of this thread. I received so much abuse for saying he was *****. Benitez skunked 18m on him. We now (rightfully) give him away for free.

:D Super post!

Look what i wrote Sep 2011 - Trip in memory lane....
"Johnson performance in Liverpool is a total disappointment ,he shows no commitment no passion no motivation and no concentration. I would dare say he trys much more when playing for England then with the club that sends him their. Either it's his attitude or lazyness in any case Roy should give him a wake up call"

One down Lucas still to go  :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 18, 2015 12:52 am

Big Niall » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:14 pm wrote:disgraceful buy, average player , stupid money for a full back, haven't been this annoyed since we bought Keane for stupid money.

What the f*ck is going on?

6 years later and I wouldn't change a word. So many posts of guys saying he was a great full back . Hang your heads in f ing shame !
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 18, 2015 11:42 am

Big Niall » Sun May 17, 2015 11:52 pm wrote:
Big Niall » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:14 pm wrote:disgraceful buy, average player , stupid money for a full back, haven't been this annoyed since we bought Keane for stupid money.

What the f*ck is going on?

6 years later and I wouldn't change a word. So many posts of guys saying he was a great full back . Hang your heads in f ing shame !

What's more amazing is that he went through a load of different managers in LFC and all saw him fit to play till the last minute...What does this tell you on their player evaluation skills? pretty amazing if you ask me.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Tue May 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Off the top of my head i can only recall one good moment from him - a winning goal at Chelsea  (when the king was manager??).

what a waste of 18 mill. we could've bought a top class striker for that then.

hope he goes soon so we can get him off our wage bill.

good luck to him though as he was never controversial. :cool:
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:01 am

andy c legs » Tue May 19, 2015 8:42 pm wrote:Off the top of my head i can only recall one good moment from him - a winning goal at Chelsea  (when the king was manager??).

what a waste of 18 mill. we could've bought a top class striker for that then.

hope he goes soon so we can get him off our wage bill.

good luck to him though as he was never controversial. :cool:

I remember when money was tight Benitez spunked away 18m on a Sh*t full back. Read my posts from the day on this thread. granted Benitez tried to get rid of Xavi alonso in exchange plus cash for Gareth Barry .
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Is this waster not gone yet ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Flattered to deceive. At times showed he had something but generally that was lost in a sea of mediocrity. Goodbye Glen
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Looks like he is signing for Stoke.... makes the first day of the season that ever bit more interesting, not that we already needed it for this match
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:45 pm

C-R » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:16 pm wrote:Looks like he is signing for Stoke.... makes the first day of the season that ever bit more interesting, not that we already needed it for this match

Good luck to him for the future, he wasn't the best player I've ever seen in a red shirt but I'm sure he tried his best.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:45 pm wrote:I'm sure he tried his best.

yeah.. I'm not sure about that either. Takes a lot of doing to be undisputedly the worse player in a poor team.

I don't say this often, but good riddance.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion