Glen johnson out........a good thing? i think so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Johnson bombs forward all the time leaving too much space at the back for carragher to cover....and our two centre backs are too slow to cover up 2 very attacking fulll backs

lets hope we either sign a more solid right back and either move johnson to right mid or get rid.....at a right back hes truely a pointless signing

With johnson out i garantee we will see more clean sheets in the coming weeks (just dont replace him with degen)
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:44 pm

LittleHobo wrote:Johnson bombs forward all the time leaving too much space at the back for carragher to cover....and our two centre backs are too slow to cover up 2 very attacking fulll backs

lets hope we either sign a more solid right back and either move johnson to right mid or get rid.....at a right back hes truely a pointless signing

With johnson out i garantee we will see more clean sheets in the coming weeks (just dont replace him with degen)

You are seriously misguided and unwell, mate....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:52 pm

err if you havent noticed weve conceded 25 goals already this season, as compared to 27 all season last

its not hard to see why this has happend
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:53 pm

And that is Johnson's fault.....errrrmmmm......hang on, I'm just gonna look at that logic thru me hoop - it might make sense that way......
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Who have we got that is gonna do better though?

I'll be honest,Glen Johnson frustrates the hell out of me.He has some games where he plays out of his skin,gets forward and becomes a threat and defends well then in others he is sloppy at the back and to generous with the ball to our opposition!
To sum up his careers with LFC so far in one word its INCONSISTANT.
Way to inconsistant in fact and so far not showing any signs of justifying what we paid for him when you consider the small fee Arbeloa went for....Thats not to say he wont come good as the whole team has been out of character lately!

Anyway I don't agree with the original post and think he'll be a loss.We may well conceed less goals in the coming games but I doubt if that will have anything to do with his injury!If we become more watertight it'll be down to the team starting to function as a unit and getting a bit of confidence back,not one players absence!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:57 pm

its no coincidence that hes the only change in our back four this season and we are all of a sudden shipping goals

no its not his fault, its rafas fault for signing him in the first place when a more solid right back is more appropriate while we have slow centre backs
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Number 9 wrote:Anyway I don't agree with the original post and think he'll be a loss.We may well conceed less goals in the coming games but I doubt if that will have anything to do with his injury!If we become more watertight it'll be down to the team starting to function as a unit and getting a bit of confidence back,not one players absence!

:oh:
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:09 pm

LittleHobo wrote:its no coincidence that hes the only change in our back four this season and we are all of a sudden shipping goals

no its not his fault, its rafas fault for signing him in the first place when a more solid right back is more appropriate while we have slow centre backs

Carra has been below par.We started the season with Skrtel who is inconstant too,now we are playing with Agger we look better.We have thrown Insua in at the deep end due to Aurelios injury,that lad is young and needs experience(not his fault)

Add to that our major problem is set pieces(nothing we can pin on one player) Basically the defence is weaker because the whole team have not been performing as they are capable as our league position and CL exit shows!
GJ may be a factor but he is no more to blame than anyone else that has pulled the shirt on this season mate.
Each and everyone has been below their usual....with the exception of Riena!
Fuc'k knows where we would be in the league now only for his excellence!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:14 pm

carragher has only been under par cause hes gotta do alot more covering for the right back always being outa position (and sadly carragher is being caught out for pace alot)

you put a solid right back in that team and you will see carragher back to his solid best
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:22 pm

LittleHobo wrote:its no coincidence that hes the only change in our back four this season and we are all of a sudden shipping goals

I think its been a combination of injury and nearly all the defence playing below par
Carra has only began to show his true form in the centre
Skirtel & Agger have been patchy after injury, Aurelio missed the start through injury (But should be 1s choice LB)
Insua looks sloppy in defence a lot of the time and at 19 should only be back up and not 1st choice.
Johnson has done well for me, he may have had a couple of below par performances of late, but he will be a big loss
We have no decent cover available and Carra is needed in the centre
And the greek is what he is, a cheap option for the bench.
teamleader1

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:23 pm

LittleHobo wrote:carragher has only been under par cause hes gotta do alot more covering for the right back always being outa position

you put a solid right back in that team and you will see carragher back to his solid best

We dont have a solid right back though so we are gonna have to make do!Listen mate I dont think Johnson is great and Im not sure we should have signed him as I've said earlier but I think its daft to say its his fault we are leaking goals and we will leak less now he is injured,especially when you look at the back up.We should have fought to keep Arbeloa rather than let him go for so little.

Who do you think we have that will play there now that will do better?..........there is'nt anyone really!
Whether you are a fan of GJ or not he is our best RB available and will be a loss.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:25 pm

but glen johnson doesnt play as a right back, hes rarely in line with the other back 3

for me id like to see more of kelly (who in his one appearance looked more solid defesively but also came forward when the time was right)........

rafa in his time here has been terrible at progressing the kids though so i dont think we will see more of him
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:54 pm

LittleHobo wrote:carragher has only been under par cause hes gotta do alot more covering for the right back always being outa position (and sadly carragher is being caught out for pace alot)

He's not a natural defender, that much is blatant, but he isn't a sh!t one either. He's a decent defender who is probably as good as any RB in the league at going forward.

He's had three or four below-par games of late and he's suddenly the arch culprit of all our defensive woes? Total b0llocks. The whole backline has struggled; in truth the whole team has, and the defence is very much reliant on the midfield - less so our striker(s) - at breaking play up and in maintaining good possession.

If he is as costly as you're arguing, it shouldn't be too hard for you to cite a few examples of his 'costliness', no?
LFC2007

Postby muzza798 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Carra has had a poor season, Insua cant defend, Johnson cant defend and Lucas cant defend
muzza798

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:23 pm

muzza798 wrote:Carra has had a poor season, Insua cant defend, Johnson cant defend and Lucas cant defend

I will agree that Carra has had a poor season.. but Johnson, Lucas and Insua can definetly defend.
Fauxy

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion