Glen johnson out........a good thing? i think so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:45 pm

stmichael » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:42 am wrote:i'd consider changing to three at the back. we've got an abundance of centre halves now and you could use henderson as a right wing back in that formation.

yeah could be a good call, but didnt we play that formation away at villa last season but ended up abandoned it after the first half because we were so sh1.te?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Kelly should replace Johnson, hes much better suited to the right back position
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 pm wrote:Kelly should replace Johnson, hes much better suited to the right back position

in normal circumstances i`d agree with you, infact when martin was fit and firing on all cylinders there was a good argument that he should replace johnson anyway (or at least force him over to LB) but kelly is miles off the pace atm.
the injury he suffered finished players career`s not that long ago and lucas who (suffered a similar injury) is only just starting to look his old self after being back for 18 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 pm wrote:Kelly should replace Johnson, hes much better suited to the right back position

in normal circumstances i`d agree with you, infact when martin was fit and firing on all cylinders there was a good argument that he should replace johnson anyway (or at least force him over to LB) but kelly is miles off the pace atm.
the injury he suffered finished players career`s not that long ago and lucas who (suffered a similar injury) is only just starting to look his old self after being back for 18 months.

but if he dosnt play hows he gonna get up to speed, surely some minutes from the bench at least? im not comfortable with Wisdom starting at right back for a sustained period
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion