Agger at left back

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Well Red » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:59 pm

damjan193 wrote:
Fauxy wrote:
Well Red wrote:
damjan193 wrote:I also played Agger on FIFA as LB few years ago :D.I didnt want to play Dossena and Aurelio was too week (weeker than he really was in real) and Agger did preaty well on that side... I never thought that he'd be as good as in real life.

what do you do on Football Manager? that seems to be the gospel for most people football-wise :D

Be a manager and manage a football team of your choice. Sign new players, change tactics etc

Your a girl though, you should be IN THE KITCHEN!

jokes  :D

Yeah, what he said... about the manager thing, not about the kitchen... I could really go for a sandwich at the momment though :D.Anyway, the manager thing could be really fun, you should try it if you havent so far.

I think I'll stick to Household Manager, thanks.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Well Red wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
Fauxy wrote:
Well Red wrote:
damjan193 wrote:I also played Agger on FIFA as LB few years ago :D.I didnt want to play Dossena and Aurelio was too week (weeker than he really was in real) and Agger did preaty well on that side... I never thought that he'd be as good as in real life.

what do you do on Football Manager? that seems to be the gospel for most people football-wise :D

Be a manager and manage a football team of your choice. Sign new players, change tactics etc

Your a girl though, you should be IN THE KITCHEN!

jokes  :D

Yeah, what he said... about the manager thing, not about the kitchen... I could really go for a sandwich at the momment though :D.Anyway, the manager thing could be really fun, you should try it if you havent so far.

I think I'll stick to Household Manager, thanks.

Than a sandwich for me please :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Teshie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6089962,00.html

sigh.
Teshie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 pm

I fully expect Agger to become the best defender in Europe ,he  can become that accomplished there simply is no limit to his potential, I was
delighted when he signed a new contract because he is a World Class player of that I am convinced
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I fully expect Agger to become the best defender in Europe ,he  can become that accomplished there simply is no limit to his potential, I was
delighted when he signed a new contract because he is a World Class player of that I am convinced

You wha?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fauxy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:10 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I fully expect Agger to become the best defender in Europe ,he  can become that accomplished there simply is no limit to his potential, I was

Same, but I think Pique is going to be the best defender in Europe very soon...
Fauxy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:15 pm

Fauxy wrote:

Same, but I think Pique is going to be the best defender in Europe very soon...

Yes I agree Pique is a class act ,a serious error of judgement on the Mancs part  :laugh:
Also think the Benfica Lad David Luiz is going to be a serious contender if Madrid acquire his services this Summer
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:36 pm

I totally disagree.

I think Agger is a good injury prone defender.
Has good skills, great shoot and pretty good all over the field.

But I would say he isn't a good header of the ball, a bit weak physically vs stronger forwards. His positioning and marking is ok, but not that great.

Overhyped imo.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Penguins wrote:I totally disagree.

But I would say he isn't a good header of the ball, a bit weak physically vs stronger forwards. His positioning and marking is ok, but not that great.

Overhyped imo.

Overhyped!?!!!!

:laugh:

Upson was overhyped, Lescott was overhyped  etc etc...

Agger though? I dont think ive ever heard any hype over him.
Fauxy

Postby Penguins » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Fauxy wrote:

Overhyped imo.

Overhyped!?!!!!

Not by the media no, but by many lfc fans.

Yes, he looks spectacular, cause he is the best passer, dribble, shooter by a mile of our defenders. It looks good when he brings out the ball of the defense but for me that is just extra stuff for central defender.

First and foremost a want a dominant stature who is great in his defensive duties. Agger fall short in that department.
He is imo just a good "defender", nothing more.
Players like Dropba will eat Agger for lunch and that doesn't signify a great defender.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:53 pm

Penguins wrote:
Fauxy wrote:

Overhyped imo.

Overhyped!?!!!!

Not by the media no, but by many lfc fans.

Yes, he looks spectacular, cause he is the best passer, dribble, shooter by a mile of our defenders. It looks good when he brings out the ball of the defense but for me that is just extra stuff for central defender.

First and foremost a want a dominant stature who is great in his defensive duties. Agger fall short in that department.
He is imo just a good "defender", nothing more.
Players like Dropba will eat Agger for lunch and that doesn't signify a great defender.

I can see were you are coming from because he does struggle sometimes in defence but you have to remember that he is still only 25, pretty young for a centre back at this level and the aspects of his game that he needs to pick up on are minor imo.

I think the main thing in his game he needs to improve defensivley is that he needs to commit himself into headers and tackles more. He just seems a bit uncertain sometimes.
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 pm

I do love this forum, "only 25" and anyone reaching or passing 30 is "past it". So footballers have like a five year window.......................? :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Kjaer is 20, Pique is 22, Ramos is 23/24, the current best player in the world is 22... when you say that a player is 25 you should say "he ALREADY is 25" rahter than "only 25" :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Fauxy wrote:I can see were you are coming from because he does struggle sometimes in defence but you have to remember that he is still only 25, pretty young for a centre back at this level and the aspects of his game that he needs to pick up on are minor imo.

I think the main thing in his game he needs to improve defensivley is that he needs to commit himself into headers and tackles more. He just seems a bit uncertain sometimes.

He's still our best centre back imo.

He'll do a more than sufficient job there but it's not something I'd like to see on a more frequent basis. Yes he's better than Insua defensively but he offers us nothing going forward from that position.

Ideally come the summer we could do with a versatile fullback who can play on either side, a bit like Arbeloa.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Concussed Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has no recollection of Sunday's game against Arsenal, according to manager Roy Hodgson.

Agger suffered concussion after a knock in the second half of the 1-1 Premier League draw at Anfield.

Team-mate Jamie Carragher signalled to the bench he should be replaced as he received treatment but, with three substitutes already used, that was not an option.

With Joe Cole having been sent off, Liverpool were temporarily reduced to nine men as Agger was taken to the sidelines but the 25-year-old eventually returned to the action.

Yet the player is still suffering from headaches as a result of the clash and will not be considered for tomorrow's Europa League play-off first leg against Trabzonspor.

Hodgson said: "Daniel is not doing that well.

"It is three days after the incident and he is still suffering from the concussion. He has no memory of the game.

"It was quite a serious concussion he received and we can only hope it will settle down in time for Monday's match against Manchester City.

"There was never any question he would be fit for tomorrow.

"He is not able to do very much at the moment because he is still suffering from headaches.

"Even something as simple as reading a newspaper or watching TV can give him a headache so it is just a question of him taking things easy."

Midfielder Javier Mascherano will also miss the clash against the Turks with a calf injury but could be back in contention for Monday's trip to Eastlands.

Mascherano was a surprise selection against Arsenal given his openly stated desire to leave but the club have still not received an offer for the 26-year-old Argentina captain.

"He will always be in my plans until the day comes when he leaves the club," Hodgson said.

"For me that will be a long time in the future. If I could get my wish, he would always play."

Another player Hodgson wants to stay is Holland winger Ryan Babel, who has been linked with a £9million switch to Wolfsburg.

Babel, 23, has failed to live up to expectations after his £11.5million arrival from Ajax three years ago.

"I'm afraid we are in the realms of speculation," Hodgson said.

"You know how many stories you are getting every day, and many of them are completely unfounded, many of them are just really attempts to put their players in the spotlight.

"We've had no written or formal offers for Ryan Babel and he is a player I am expecting to play for us."

Hodgson has so far had a positive effect on the Reds squad since his appointment in July.

Key players Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres have pledged their allegiance to the Merseysiders and Jamie Carragher has spoken of his desire to secure a new contract.

The good news continued today as defender Martin Skrtel signed a two-year extension to his contract, committing him to Anfield until 2014.

Hodgson said: "It's very good, everything is looking positive in that respect. I have a good squad of players.

"I was fearful we would lose a few when I came with all the speculation surrounding them but things are looking so much better.

"I am very pleased that the players who have done so well in the past are still here."

New signing Christian Poulsen could make his debut tomorrow and is in contention with Lucas to take Mascherano's place in midfield. Agger could be replaced at left-back by Fabio Aurelio.

Fernando Torres is also pushing for a starting place after making his comeback from a groin injury as a substitute against Arsenal, but Hodgson may keep him in reserve for City.

The former Fulham boss said: "The sports science people are concerned we don't rush him back too early and we don't prejudice his situation.

"We don't want to throw him in too early but he is very keen to get back in.

"If you are going to prioritise you would prioritise the league always.

"You would like to do both but if one was forced to choose one, you would prioritise the Premier League.

"That might even go for teams playing in the Champions League but we take it very seriously and we will be doing our best to play well and win the game."
Fauxy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion