FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL (Sat 19th April 3pm K.O.) - Discussion and team speculation etc here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:32 pm

JoeTerp wrote:all I am saying is that MAYBE Insua > Aurelio MAYBE    Plessis + Mascherano > Alonso + Mascherano and MAYBE  Nemeth > Kuyt  If there were ever a time to test    ONE of the theories, this would be the game.  Nemeth didn't play in the ressie game this afternoon in the Lancashire FA Canterbury Senior Cup.  Neither did Insua and PLessis only play 16 minutes.

just found out that the reason Nemeth didn't play against prescott cable was that all the hungarians were on international duty. Pacheco scored a great goal in that game by the way, and apparently Bruna had a nice free kick today against Wigan (he hit the bar from a ways out in the last ressie league game)

Joe, we can give those lads a go against Birmingham, or Man City or Tottenham, once 4th is secure.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I don't want to jinx it, but I don;t think Everton are even going to get 5 more points this year (Chelsea, Villa, Arsenal, Newcastle), which would mean its already secure. even in their wildest dreams 8 points is a max for them, meaning we could either draw the rest of our games or just win one of them and be in the CL next season.  Also, I can't say that I think we would be in any danger of loosing (or dropping points for that matter) against Fulham if we played Nemeth in the Kuyt role with the normal X
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:40 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I don't want to jinx it, but I don;t think Everton are even going to get 5 more points this year (Chelsea, Villa, Arsenal, Newcastle), which would mean its already secure. even in their wildest dreams 8 points is a max for them, meaning we could either draw the rest of our games or just win one of them and be in the CL next season.  Also, I can't say that I think we would be in any danger of loosing (or dropping points for that matter) against Fulham if we played Nemeth in the Kuyt role with the normal X

1) Don't count your chickens...

2) Don't underestimate Fulham.  They're a premiership team fighting for their lives and one that got a sniff of hope last weekend.  We've already shown against Barnsley (as just the latest example) that taking any team lightly in England is dangerous.

At most, I'd consider blooding one youngster in an otherwise strong team...which includes Torres and Gerrard.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:08 pm

I'd be tempted to rest Torres for this, and use Crouch as a lone striker, but Rafa will probably keep the same team.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Bad Bob wrote:At most, I'd consider blooding one youngster in an otherwise strong team...which includes Torres and Gerrard.

I knew I could break you  :D

thats all I suggested anyway.  I just gave three choices to be the one youngster
JoeTerp

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 pm

We've been playing well with a mainly settled team.

Let's not chop and change things now. Let's just destroy every team in front of us in the Prem.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 pm

stmichael wrote:Liverpool's reserve side today in the 3-0 win over Wigan:

Hansen, Kelly, Darby (Irwin 45), San Jose (Spearing 45), Huth, Ayala, Flynn, Pacheco, Brouwer (Plessis 74), Lindfield, Bruna.

No Insua or Nemeth. Might be telling us something about their possible involvement at the weekend. :oops:

Let's hope they can get on the bench at least.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Reina

Carra            Skrtel             Hypia          Aurelio

Masch           Plessis

Kuyt                                                  Riise

Gerrard

Torres

I think this is the team rafa will put out , maybe with a few changes from this , with this team out we should beat fulham 3-0 , with reina regaining the most number of clean sheets record from james
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:36 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:We've been playing well with a mainly settled team.

Let's not chop and change things now. Let's just destroy every team in front of us in the Prem.

:nod , yes but minimal changes can be made , don't forget there is a champions league game in midweek , so we need our players fresh
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:38 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:At most, I'd consider blooding one youngster in an otherwise strong team...which includes Torres and Gerrard.

I knew I could break you  :D

thats all I suggested anyway.  I just gave three choices to be the one youngster

:D

Fine...let's have a look at this Nemeth kid!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Not a snowballs chance in hell Rafa will play a full strength team.And there is no way he should.
Yes fulham are a wounded animal,in that they are fighting to survive in the prem.It does tend to make players fight a bit more to be in this predicament.
But in reality they are in danger of relegation for one reason only,they lack quality and are at present not good enough to be in the top flight.

If we cant beat them with resting a few players then there is something seriously wrong.
Its crucial we have our best players available on Tuesday night.If say Torres or Gerrard picked up an injury on Saturday,im sure a lot of people on here would be livid that they were risked against Fulham ahead of such a crucial game.

If Chelsea beat Everton tonight,the result against Fulham may not be so important!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:32 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:We've been playing well with a mainly settled team.

Here here.  And behind (Fulham).

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 pm

fulham are on a high after winning their first away game for nearly two years against Reading last week, they're fighting for their lives, so it's certainly not a walkover and I'd be disappointed with a bunch of kids in.

However I expect Benitez to make at least five changes from the Blackburn game. I see Mascherano definately playing, this being his first domestic game after his ban. I don't think we'll see Torres, Kuyt or Babel start. I'm going for a 2-1 win.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby metalhead » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 pm

Keep the same team we played against blackburn.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Fulham are at home battling for their lives so it won't do it all to take them lightly.  Start with our strongest team and sub once the 3 points are secure.

spot on mate, forget what other teams do! we need
to focus on our own game. 3 points are a must on saturday,
from now to the end of the season play our strongest 11
in every game, i fecking hate the thought of relying on
other teams results, our destiny is defo in our own hands
lets just take every game at a time.
      come on red men 3 points is all that matters.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion