FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL (Sat 19th April 3pm K.O.) - Discussion and team speculation etc here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:22 am

skatesy wrote:I am sure that we will see a team very similar to the team setup that Rafa put out against Arsenal at the Emirates in the Premier League (between our two Champions League ties) That team played very well and Rafa will have the confidence to employ another setup like that.

I'd like to see that team as well.  We played some really fluid football in the first half.  It was actually some of the best football I've seen from our team in a long time.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:38 am

JoeTerp wrote:now that I have gotten more encouragement from other posters, F.eck the league this weekend, I want to see:
                            Martin
  Finnan        San Jose        Skrtel        Insua
                  Plessis         Spearing
  Nemeth             Lucas                 Yossi
                          Crouch
Subs: Gulacsi, Darby, Riise, Voronin, El Zhar

I'd love to see it just to pis.s off Warnock even more  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:37 am

Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:now that I have gotten more encouragement from other posters, F.eck the league this weekend, I want to see:
                            Martin
  Finnan        San Jose        Skrtel        Insua
                  Plessis         Spearing
  Nemeth             Lucas                 Yossi
                          Crouch
Subs: Gulacsi, Darby, Riise, Voronin, El Zhar

I'd love to see it just to pis.s off Warnock even more  :D

Sad thing for Fulham is, we'd still win.
Seano Kop

Postby Owzat » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:32 am

Toffeehater wrote:my fantasy premier league team is going to suffer i've got both torres and gerrard in the 11

If you haven't already used your wild card you can use it and change your side.

Failing that it costs four points for every transfer above and beyond your weekly freebie, it is worth it if you can get diving portugese tw at in your side or someone else, especially if you're struggling to get XI players active. Reason being you might lose four points, but if only ten play then you drop two points anyway. And from playing fantasy cricket I know even if a duck from a batsman might cost you 20 points, absentees cannot score points.

As for who to bring in, look at remaining fixtures. Arsenal play Derby so Fabregas and Adebayor are good bets, although they are out of Europe they are also out of title contention. Certainly look at who is playing, during Euro 2004 I brought in strikers for teams about to play Latvia. Didn't work that well, but it was a sound theory.

But the key thing to remember is 70+ points is a good week, so 4 points per additional transfer is a small price to pay for enhancing your prospects of getting 70 points. I abandoned my team months ago, got bored with it, but I noticed that it does pick up 70+ points from time to time! So much for skill, luck plays too big a part in fantasy football. Play fantasy cricket instead, higher scoring and requires skill.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:38 am

The Kid Torres wrote:Wow, what an appaling side somebody put out on this thread for tommorow's game.

4th place may well be as good as our's but tommorow's game is still important simply because a win would keep up our excellent run, excluding the game against the Mancs, and keep the confidence within the camp sky high.

We should beat man city at home, that's the "home banker" more than Fulham away where Rafa has lost more than he's won. The bitters have to play Arsenal and need to win all their remaining games, I think we're as likely to see another seven goal thumping as an away win at the Emirates. Nothing is guaranteed, but with four games to play and five points being the current required total to be 100% sure, I think we can't afford to lose players to injury.

And we put out a reserve XI against Arsenal where we'd never picked up a point and...................... picked up a point. Assuming Fulham away is no more demanding than Arsenal away, when they were in with a shout of a title challenge, then there's no reason to assume our reserves can't get a point or all three.

Of course the key question is, if you had to lose either game would it be Fulham today or Chelsea in the week? As with the "win, lose and draw" thread it doesn't have to be like that, but it does also serve as showing which game is more/most important.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:14 am

reina

finnan
skrtel
carra
insua

plesis
lucas
benyoun
babel

crouch
nemeth

why not?? id stick torres gerrard mascherano alonso and auerillo on the bench just incase their needed

but i reckon rafe will put out a stronger team and we will win 3-1
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Seano Kop » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:42 am

Reina
Finnan         Skrtl     Hyypia          Riise

Alonso   Plesses
Kuyt                                       Benayoun
                        Lucas

Voronin........ nah just kidding, Crouch
Seano Kop

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:52 am

I would like to see a team full up reserves...would like to see Insua, Nemeth and the Pancho dude play. Did u guys see the goal he scored for the reserves in the seniors cup (or something like that).... I saw it on LFC TV and ...i have only seen maradona or messi score a goal like that. Pancho is the real deal.

Also it wouldn't really spoil my weekend if we lose... I want reading to be relegated at all costs and if that means we lose (hey...we are still 5 points ahead of eversh1t)...then thats that.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:53 am

i would be disapointed if Gerrard, Torres, Reina or Carra played today....we have a great opportunity to grab an advantage over Chelsea today and we should grab it with both hands.  I would take a defeat today if it meant beating chelsea 1-0 next week.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 pm

How about giving El Zhar a run? He can score a cracker or two.
Seano Kop

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:41 pm

We all know it's going to be a weakened team, and rightly so.

To those slating Rafa for the inevitable changes - if he isn't allowed to bring them in now, when would you like him to?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:56 pm

well i am not happy as i was going to this game and now i am not.

should be a good game, we should win 1-2
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:07 pm

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Skrtel, Riise, Benayoun, Pennant, Mascherano, Lucas, Voronin, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Torres, Aurelio, Alonso, Carragher.
skatesy

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 pm

skatesy wrote:The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Skrtel, Riise, Benayoun, Pennant, Mascherano, Lucas, Voronin, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Torres, Aurelio, Alonso, Carragher.

lol thats a team of oops!
Crouch will get 2
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:21 pm

lakes10 wrote:
skatesy wrote:The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Skrtel, Riise, Benayoun, Pennant, Mascherano, Lucas, Voronin, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Torres, Aurelio, Alonso, Carragher.

lol thats a team of oops!
Crouch will get 2

Mascherano - is he in the team because he has not played much over the past two weeks and it is probably best to give him a run around?

Babel - I thought maybe he would be on the bench to give him a bit of a run around the 70th minute.

Benayoun - I would've hoped that he would've been on the bench and maybe been given a bit of a run and then played on Tuesday.
skatesy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion