Do i have a right to have an opinion - Also man utd. game opinion

YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes : 43

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:18 pm

Please read before voting.
Now I would like to ask do I hava a right to have an opinion on this forum about liverpool, the team,etc. Because some (Kenco) think because I dont attend most games I dont know anything and therefore my opinion is invalid. The last game I was at was the mersey derby and the next will be the newcastle game so you can see I dont go to games because I dont live nowhere near Liverpool. So do I have a right to an opinion. Please vote.

Now the united game. Where to start....
Owen up front on his own.....stupid. At the beginning riise out of a throw in threw the ball to owen owen the passed the ball across goal and there was no-one there to attack it. Had there been another striker that would have probably been a goal.
Riise , Hamann , Carragher - great.
Gerrard hardworking again .
Murphy also had a good game scored a penalty ALSO TRIPPED UP RONALDO  :D  well done. It was a penalty no question neville got the player and not the ball. From a LFC point of view Gary had a great game :D .
Smicer for Finnan ? Houllier attacking ?
When giggs hit the post,oh my god I still have a pain in my gut. Dudek had a good game.....everybody had a good game if we came back from ol'trafford with 3 points.
Also I thought Houllier would go defensive but no he took of owen not for a defender but for heskey also cheyrou for kewell not defensive at all.

All in all it was a great game (mainly because Liverpool won) and a great day for us LFC fans.

If I left anything out or you'd like to add something or correct something....feel free to do so.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:48 pm

Course you do - I'm from the north-west, but I now live just outside London. I'd love to be able to get to every match home and away, but geography, (lack of) finances and the fact that every match I've wanted tickets for has sold out pretty much immediately make that pretty much impossible.

Of course, it's difficult to say that you know everything about a player when you've not seen him up close and personal over the course of the season, but so long as you don't just spout assumptions or just plain nonsense based on a radio commentary or a few 15 second TV clips, you're entitled to an opinion.

For people to say you know nothing or that you can't be a true fan because you aren't at every game is just ridiculous though. I'm sure it's a lot easier to be a fan when everyone on your street supports the same team, but it always gives me satisfaction knowing that I'm probably the only Liverpool fan for about half a mile in any given direction. People that'll happily stand in a cockney pub full of Chelsea or Arsenal fans with a Liverpool shirt on should demand just as much respect from their fellow fans as those that can just fall out of bed and through the turnstiles. Unless they've paid to have Biscan's name on the back of their shirt, obviously. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:27 pm

Dr Liverpool,

it is doesn't matter where you from, nothing wrong with that. I can't see any problem. I live in Merseyside, I go home games all the time but sometime I go away matches rarely as long I get time off from my work in midweek, I used to go away games most of it at the past. But I can't do that all the time cos I've got family, they always come first which is important to me.
But you have right to say anything what you want because it IS your opinion, if any of members of this forum don't agree with your points. And they can't do anything about it and they have to put up with it. Life is too short.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:33 pm

Dr, I am sure you and me had a few problems earlier on this year, when I took offence to some of your points, I do think you are right to have an opinion, so stop being paranoid.

It is however a fair point that people like Kenco, and myself who do go the game, (just got back and I F U C K I N love beating those w#nk##s at their place), have probably got a better idea of performance of players.

CHILL
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:36 pm

Good for you, Leon!!!!!

I didn't see the game, mate. I will watch it tonight on highlight!

YNWA!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:31 pm

It does seem ironic that some people would use the WORLD WIDE WEB to slag off non scouse Liverpool supporters.Forums like this exist as a means of expression to Reds fans all over the world,not just in Liverpool.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:39 pm

I'm not paranoid its just that Kenco chap is really,really p#ssing me off. Leon Ive got no beef with you any more,remember "TRUCE".

And I dont base my opinions on radio commemntary or highlights I watched the match today LIVE on TOP CHANNEL its a romanian channel on satellite but I did listen to radio commentary and turned down the TV because I cant understand the romanian commetator.

Well domne to everybody who voted.
Thanks.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:49 pm

Yes I think if youre dedicated enough to watch every game without going to see it you can have an opinion. ive always been a pool fan but have never gone to anfield cos i live in ireland! Delighted to see murphy trip ronaldo on his a#se!!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:57 pm

Living in Ireland is no excuse,you never heard of Ryanair?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:01 am

DrLiverpool wrote:I'm not paranoid its just that Kenco chap is really,really p#ssing me off. Leon Ive got no beef with you any more,remember "TRUCE".

And I dont base my opinions on radio commemntary or highlights I watched the match today LIVE on TOP CHANNEL its a romanian channel on satellite but I did listen to radio commentary and turned down the TV because I cant understand the romanian commetator.

Well domne to everybody who voted.
Thanks.

Dr Liverpool mate, Ignore Kenco - he's an irrelevant little knob who could do with looking over the garden fence for once in his life.

More importantly -Danny Murphy - a knighthood perhaps? Don't you just love beating the scum, especially on their own turf? And the icing on the cake was that Neville gave the penalty away. And the blueshite lost. And the sun was out. Oh what a top-notch day...!   
  :)  :)  :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:04 am

It was a great day wasnt it. Like I said G.Neville had a great game.......... from a LFC point of view.

greenred you live in dublin do you use ryanair and go to the matches ?
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:06 am

Of course you have an opinion lad, but what you have to realise is that some people who actually attend games will have a more informed and educated opinion. The amount of idiots i've heard saying Owen's cr#p, Baros is great and all this sh##e... its the people who don't go to matches that come out with cr#p like that.

You don't see the game properly on television at all, i don't care what anyone says, at the match is the only real way to assess the game.

Using tapes and watching games on video is sound, but only if you know what you are looking for, you can't see the whole pitch on the tv and therefore you can't assess the game half aswell.
115-1073096938

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:33 am

fair point Stu, but i think Dr Liverpool is trying to say that you can be a dedicated fan without attendng matches regularly.

Great game yesterday, was a bit worried when i saw starters, looked a bit defensive, although Biscan didn't play (thought Henchoz had a good game as did all the defense). Stevie G was callss as usual and Finnan did well on the wing, thought we should have started another striker cos Kewell played a bit deeper than I thought he might have but we won so who am I to complain!!! :D  :D  :D

Thought the away fans were great from what i coould pick up on tele, fair bit of singing. There was one chant that i wasn't sure of however it was sung near the end and it was 2 words, would anyone who went to the game enlighten me (excuse my ignorance)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:42 am

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but you will be judged on that opinion. If you are factually incorrect then it will be picked up on. Some among us are fortunate enough to be season ticket holders, some fortunate enough to be able to go to games, but I think we are all entitled to our opinion - even stu! :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:45 am

Defo not, not with a name like that. :D
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion