Groundshare - What is your opinion?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:25 pm

are u a bluenose in disguise???
ICE-MAN

Postby adayinthelife » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:30 pm

They need the groundshare alot more than we do.

There must be investors out there willing to stump up the 115million required for our new stadium.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:47 pm

Cant see Everton jumping up saying "WE'VE GOT £57.5 MILLION QUID TO GO HALVES ON THE STADIUM" can you??

No, they'll just sit there doing f@ck all and they'll let us pay for it and they'll get the benifits! NO WAY!

And what if Everton go down this/next season?? We'll end up with the sh!t of Millwall coming to play on our ground & ripping the seats out.

Listen to you fans - please don't share us with the blues!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:47 pm

Groundhsare my a*se :angry:

A shared ground wouldn't be allowed to incorporate the word Anfield. End of argument.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:08 pm

If you had followed this club as long as me you would realise that there is virtually nothing left of the Anfield that Bill Shankly walked into. It is a TOTALLY different ground that just happens to occupy the same space.
I friggin love you sentimentalists!!!
Last edited by JohnBull on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:15 pm

JohnBull wrote:If you had followed this club as long as me you would realise that there is virtually nothing left of the Anfield that Bill Shankly walked into. It is a TOTALLY different ground that just happens to occupy the same space.
I friggin love you sentimentalists!!!

I agree with you to a point,bit all a bit to scarey the thought of sharing with the blues, if you know what i mean. If we can do it on our own i think we should.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:16 pm

with the problems that wrexham are going through at the moment, i'am all in favour of the bigger clubs helping the smaller clubs.but i draw the line at a world known club like liverpool helping a small club like everton. :p  :D
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:34 pm

kenco wrote:with the problems that wrexham are going through at the moment, i'am all in favour of the bigger clubs helping the smaller clubs.but i draw the line at a world known club like liverpool helping a small club like everton. :p  :D

:D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:15 pm

The view on both sides seems to be no i wouldnt want some blue/red sh*te sittin in my seat every other week :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:11 am

John Bull,

Your "I friggin love you sentimentalists" post.....

Bit patronising to many of us, don't you think ???
Last edited by Woollyback on Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:48 am

There is no tradition of sharing grounds in this country.. we are one of the bioggest clubs in the world not just in England.. we shud have our own stadium.. and by the way... Alonsoooooo thinks so too : :D

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso believes the proposed groundshare between Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton would be a bad idea. Liverpool have long opposed the share scheme, but officials from both clubs met this week to discuss the project. 

"I support the fans who don't want it," Alonso told BBC's One's Football Focus.

"I don't know the financial situation of both teams, but I prefer it when each team has their own stadium. That's just my opinion."

.. So there..  :p
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:41 am

Do you know, that in the old days, the supporters of the TRUE FAITH and the bluenoses all came from the same stock. Red Neck or Prod,rich or poor, black or white, we were all from the same stock!!!
I've hated Alan Ball for the sixth round goal and that gooner ****** when he lay on the floor in the 71 final with an anger you wouldn't believe.
I've grown up and while my love of Liverpool Football Club is as deep as ever(my missus doesn't even try to talk to me when WE lose) I realise that the modern supporters are losing the plot because the mancs,the bluenoses,the cockneys or the geordies are not the enemy. Follow this path and you end up like the idiots who spend the game looking up at the opposition supporters rather than watching the match.
LFC really is the last true bastion of real football support and we are bigger than this "YABOO !!!" rubbish being quoted here.
For God's sake wake up! The joy of watching a great side is inexplicable and the young supporters coming through may never know it if we don't change.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby E7. » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:43 am

Like I’ve said before, if two teams like Rushden & Diamonds can share their ground then why can’t you lot?
E7.

Postby Dalglish » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:47 am

??? Don't see your lot rushing to merge grounds with Millwall :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:56 am

JohnBull wrote:Do you know, that in the old days, the supporters of the TRUE FAITH and the bluenoses all came from the same stock. Red Neck or Prod,rich or poor, black or white, we were all from the same stock!!!
I've hated Alan Ball for the sixth round goal and that gooner ****** when he lay on the floor in the 71 final with an anger you wouldn't believe.
I've grown up and while my love of Liverpool Football Club is as deep as ever(my missus doesn't even try to talk to me when WE lose) I realise that the modern supporters are losing the plot because the mancs,the bluenoses,the cockneys or the geordies are not the enemy. Follow this path and you end up like the idiots who spend the game looking up at the opposition supporters rather than watching the match.
LFC really is the last true bastion of real football support and we are bigger than this "YABOO !!!" rubbish being quoted here.
For God's sake wake up! The joy of watching a great side is inexplicable and the young supporters coming through may never know it if we don't change.

I understand your sentiment John Bull but owning a "Big" ground doesn't make you automatically a big team. The biggest stadia currently in England house Man U ,Newcastle and Sunderland !!!

People often trot out the AC/Inter Milan example and the Roma /Lazio arrangement as proof that groundshares work when in reality these 4 teams hate the set up and there are plans to build their own ground as soon as funds allow.

Your comments regarding an 80,00 seater are intersting. Do you honestly believe we would fill it except maybe a couple of games per season ? You only have to survey the amount of people in here who either Don't/Won't/Can't go to the games  to realise that we simply would not fill the place.

Watching your football these days is a large commitment in terms of time and money and speaking as someone who has a season ticket and attends around 8 away games per season I don't exactly see a large queue of people gagging for tickets.

The current Season ticket waiting list totals around 15,000 i believe which while impressive only amoinuts to a 57,000 seater stadium which is around the mark that LFc have planned for .......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion