Benetiz - My opinion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:40 am

Some people here will argue with what I'm about to say but hey I never have cared about the detractors I've just ploughed on in there, so why change. 

Benetiz was appointed on Wednesday but prior to his appointment I started digging and my conclusion

"we have jumped from the fire into the frying pan"

Parry and Moores are the biggest liabilities that Liverpool FC have ever had to deal with. 

Regardless of what I think of Rafa's abilities and as Alan Hansen has so elequently put it " not a lot" 

They have destined liverpool to face at least 2 more seasons in nowhere and believe me thats were we will be under this guy 'Nowhere' 

He has no record, someone anyone show me how he succeed on his own merit.   He took over a team already established for him even the Valencia players admit that.

Everyone remembers dear old Joe Fagan (God Rest his soul) but he only had to keep the players Shankly had selected fit and hey presto, League and European cup.   

Benetiz is a panic buy, just like Diouf, just like Diao, Cheyrou, Biscan and countless others. The last 14 years have been about panic buying.  While Liverpool have been runing around like a chicken with no head every one of the top teams bar Chelsea have been building foundations for the future, sensible, economic and youth based strategies. 

Man U and Arsenal will dominate for many years.  Believe me Abrahmovic may win the league and european cup but then his toy will be of no further use.  He will be a bored multi billionaire searching for a new toy, perhaps an American dream will be next on his agenda.

But for Benetiz, one of his first actions was to lift the phone to Steve McClareon, (Ex Man U) and ask what this whole team spiritthing was in the English game, He apparently wanted to know how you instill this in premiership players.  Imagine thats like asking Steven Gerrard why he plays more passionayely against Manu and Everton Ah ah ah.

This was my point and so many other peoples point another foreign manager, he cant possobly understand the British game. NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE BUT WHAT HAS CHANGED  merely a name.  Liverpool needed passion, understanding, knowledge and desire.  I Am now sitting here regreting ever calling for HOULLIERS head  I would take him back tomorrow had I guessed that Parry and Moores would be so stupid. I think they are doing it to spite us all.  Gerrard is a wanted man and by all accounts he wants to go, he's done his homework on Benetiz, likewise Owen, believe me football at the highest level is a small world.    Benetiz once again the wrong man and Liverpool will be nowhere for two more years, unless we get worse and Morgan finally puts in a bid that Moores and the worst CEO we have ever had leaves.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:53 am

Not this ****** again... what is it with u people... your a bunch of doom merchants..not related to George "mongering" Bush are u ? or is it Al Qaeda.. u and greenred sound like a pair of suicide bombers on a mission to blow-up the sacred institution called LFC...STOP your so-called research and wait to see what happens.. I suppose you wanted Curbishley / Strachan or even even even worse Alardyce?
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:56 am

i disagree that the decision to appoint benitez was out of panic. the board obviously put a lot of thought into the decision - after all, it took them 1 month to make it. they took everything into consideration, even the players were asked for their opinions.

i think that this is also a step in the right direction after 6 years under houllier. i believe that benitez is an established, top european manager. just look at the teams he beat in the spanish league(barca and real) and he managed to win the uefa cup.

i believe that getting benitez was a good decision that will result in liverpool football club finding itself among the elite teams of europe- we'll just have to wait 2 or 3 years
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:58 am

Yes and no.

Panic... hmmm maybe...

I'd have loved Houllier to get one final season...

However...

I think Benitez has the ability to become a massive success. He deserves and needs time. Hopefully people like yourself Al will be willing to support him and encourage. He's proven in the past he can build on peoples good work, Houllier done alot of that, he has amazing talent at his disposal... give it a chance. :p
115-1073096938

Postby glenbuck patriot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:00 am

Big AL, WAS going to argue with your point here mate, BUT seeing how Joe took over a full 10 yrs from Shank's.... I guess your having a RANT!... IMO Benitez IS the MAN for the job, he HAS a proven track record 2 La LIGA's out of three PROVES THAT beyond reproach...again IMO, evreryone goes on about the Premiership, but La Liga IS the ONE TO WIN!, Can't see US WINNING the Premiership at the first attempt but Loking forward to what RAFA will bring to the TEAM!..... (IF I'M Wrong SLAG ME AT THE END OF THE SEASON!)
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby big al » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:06 am

ok tell me one Foreign manger excluding Wenger whose's done well in the premiership. Some may say Raneri but he was ****** too according to Abrahmovic.

In fact I'd be mighty glad if anyone can give me a foreign manager thats done well in Scatland as well, wait extend that, foreign manager thats done well in europe (excluding Englishmen)
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby glenbuck patriot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:10 am

Well, Del Bosque, WON two European Cups with REAL, but then got knocked out of it having WON La Liga and the Copa del reay, and paid for it with his head.... BIT Succesful in his own right Don't you think?

glenbuck patriot

Postby glenbuck patriot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:12 am

Then of course you have the current encumbent of the HOT seat at Anfield..... Last three seasons 2 x LA LIGA & the EUFA CUP..... Would you like me to go on?

glenbuck patriot

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:12 am

STOP IT...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:15 am

Stu I'm a football man always have been always will be.  I have many freinds throughout english football at various levels including management.  Not MON I would add.  But Liverpool, missed the boat these two clowns went for a name instead of waitinga nad getting the right man.  waiting a month is nothing.  they should have had  successor in mind for ages.  Houllier has a heart condition so if these guys had'nt a prosepective list then they would be even more idiotic than I thought and if Benetiz was on it then they are ******. He got appointed on the ficklebuggers philosophy that sadly GH used with Diouf, Diao and Biscan.  Biscan  (Real Madrid want him must be good)  Diao ( played well in the french league and done well against France must be GOOD)  Diouf  ( single handly destroyed France the world champions, must be good)  so what about scallachi come you rememebrt the little italian that set the world cup on fire, how many more one hit wonders are we going to settle for.  Have scouts died or what?
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby glenbuck patriot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:16 am

Maybe we should try the foreign coaches in Germany/ Italy?

Last point of your post TOTALLY Flawed, GET BEHIND THE NEW MANAGER!

glenbuck patriot

Postby big al » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:17 am

glenbuck benetiz inherited a team and a structure that he did not create
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:18 am

Glenbuck I won't get behind him he's ****** and time will show you how right I am
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby glenbuck patriot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:20 am

big al wrote:Have scouts died or what?

Big Al, Scouts haven't died, but bet you bottom Dollar Alex Millar is NEXT to be shown the Door!

glenbuck patriot

Postby glenbuck patriot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:24 am

big al wrote:Glenbuck I won't get behind him he's ****** and time will show you how right I am

Sorry Al,

That's a TOTALLY SAD COMMENT TO MAKE!, If your NOT behind the Manager your NOT BEHIND THE TEAM!, If so MAY I Suggest Jumping on the Chelski BANDWAGON!

glenbuck patriot

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion