DANNY INGS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:08 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:39 am wrote:
The_Rock » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:10 am wrote:So if the tribunal sets the transfer fee to 8...9 million, do you think Ings is still a "Good Value" buy ?

Why replace average borini with another English borini ? At least borini has been with our team for a while. He does not need to adapt to playing with a bigger team. So We give Ings another season to adapt to playing for a bigger team (like the excuses being mounted to lovern & lallana) ?

That's the biggest problem we have been doing under Rodgers. We replace average players with average players. A freckin zero sum game.

He hasn't event played a game for us yet and already been written off ?!

How can he be compared to Borini ? Ings scored more in one season in the Prem than Borini has scored in 3 seasons.

How about we give a young lad with a lot of potential the chance on the pitch before he is slated.

To be fair to Borini he's hardly played over the last 3 seasons, when he was at Sunderland though his scoring rate wasn't that far away from Ings's.

57 games - 9 goals over the last three seasons in the prem from Borini

Ings whilst not being the "superstar" name has a lot of ability - pace , movement and can finish

Would certainly prefer to see Ings on the bench and playing in Europa and Cup games to see how he develops than Borini

It's harsh to dismiss the lad before he has even pulled on a shirt
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:12 pm wrote:
To be fair to Borini he's hardly played over the last 3 seasons, when he was at Sunderland though his scoring rate wasn't that far away from Ings's.

Ings whilst not being the "superstar" name has a lot of ability - pace , movement and can finish

Would certainly prefer to see Ings on the bench and playing in Europa and Cup games to see how he develops than Borini

Where will this end ? 1st you say judge when he puts on the LFC jersey. Ok.

Then you say, give him 3 months. OK.

Then you say give him until next season...because he needs a season to adapt to a big team. OK.

Well....I have heard this $hit recycled so many times under Rodgers (Markovic, Allen, Borini, Lambert, Lallana, Lovern, ..etc) its getting tedious.

Why buy Ings when we already have Orgi. We also have Jerome Sinclair whom we can bring on as a sub and groom him.

We need to sign established first teamers. Our youth players are good enough to became squad players. After last season, I thought  lesson had been learnt. Apparantly not.....

We really need better leadership from this club.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:56 pm

The_Rock » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:44 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:12 pm wrote:

Where will this end ? 1st you say judge when he puts on the LFC jersey. Ok.

Then you say, give him 3 months. OK.

Then you say give him until next season...because he needs a season to adapt to a big team. OK.

Well....I have heard this $hit recycled so many times under Rodgers (Markovic, Allen, Borini, Lambert, Lallana, Lovern, ..etc) its getting tedious.

Why buy Ings when we already have Orgi. We also have Jerome Sinclair whom we can bring on as a sub and groom him.

We need to sign established first teamers. Our youth players are good enough to became squad players. After last season, I thought  lesson had been learnt. Apparantly not.....

We really need better leadership from this club.[/quote]

The player hasn't even kicked a ball yet for the club

He is young , has a bright future ahead of him , has done well in the prem for a struggling team , shown he can play on the international stage and shows a lot of promise. It the type of players clubs need in their squad and is a different type of player to Origi

Players adapt to clubs differently - some settle in straight away , some take a bit longer but at least let him play for us first before writing him off - he is a promising talent just like in the past players like Bale and Chamberlain were - talented players at smaller clubs who took the next step up.

The lad has no chance if he is being written off already
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:56 pm wrote:

He is young , has a bright future ahead of him , has done well in the prem for a struggling team , shown he can play on the international stage and shows a lot of promise. It the type of players clubs need in their squad and is a different type of player to Origi

Players adapt to clubs differently - some settle in straight away , some take a bit longer but at least let him play for us first before writing him off - he is a promising talent just like in the past players like Bale and Chamberlain were - talented players at smaller clubs who took the next step up.

Bale & Chamberlain have more technical skills (Pace, close control..etc) when they were talent spotted. Many clubs were in for them.

As for Ings...it seems the only club who is seriously interested in him are us (don't be mislead by spurs....they are just trolling to increase his fees....because under Rodgers we have become their biggest competitors. So if we spend more on Ings, we will have less for other transfers).

Ings is the same situation as lovern and lallana. We were the only team for them. We paid over the odds for them. And they really have stunk up the place (in relative to their transfer fees) last season.

I will call it first. Ings is gonna be another average joe. Quote me on that.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:15 pm

The_Rock » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:11 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:56 pm wrote:

Bale & Chamberlain have more technical skills (Pace, close control..etc) when they were talent spotted. Many clubs were in for them.

As for Ings...it seems the only club who is seriously interested in him are us (don't be mislead by spurs....they are just trolling to increase his fees....because under Rodgers we have become their biggest competitors. So if we spend more on Ings, we will have less for other transfers).

Ings is the same situation as lovern and lallana. We were the only team for them. We paid over the odds for them. And they really have stunk up the place (in relative to their transfer fees) last season.

I will call it first. Ings is gonna be another average joe. Quote me on that.

1. How often have you actually watched him play ?

2. Having technical skill isn't the be all and end all - Ings has pace and power , movement and finishing ability

3. Lovren and Lallana were/are in totally different situations and stages of their career - no comparisons - and Lallana will/ is a good player - suffered with injuries last season

4. Why dismiss the interest of Spurs ? They bid for him and it was accepted in the hope of signing him ?
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:13 pm

Ings is just bench fodder, he is going to be behind Sturridge and (probably) Benteke in the pecking order.
If he surprises everyone and starts scoring for fun then great but in all likelihood he'll probably spend most of the season sitting in that red plastic seat behind Brendan, the one currently occupied by Borini.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Well if Ings is to be played / used as a no.3 in the pecking order and scores 7-10 per season. Wouldn't that be value for money?
Let's face it. Daniel Sturridge is a class act but also a sick-note so perhaps Danny Ings will see more game time that many think.

Danny Ings Danny Ings
Danny Danny Ings
Gets the ball bound to score
Danny DANNY INGS!

Sorry, couldn't resist
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:07 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:12 pm wrote:Well if Ings is to be played / used as a no.3 in the pecking order and scores 7-10 per season. Wouldn't that be value for money?
Let's face it. Daniel Sturridge is a class act but also a sick-note so perhaps Danny Ings will see more game time that many think.

Danny Ings Danny Ings
Danny Danny Ings
Danny DANNY INGS!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Imo it boils down to this, the league table doesn't lie, a gap exists between us and the other top 4 clubs, to close that gap we obviously need to sign players. The question is does signing Ings close that gap between us and the likes of City, Chelsea and United? (bearing in mind those clubs will be signing players themselves)
That to me should be the criteria for every signing we make - i.e will this player close the gap between us and the top clubs?
Not 'will we make a few bob on this fella further down the road?' or 'will we save ourselves a few quid in transfer fee's if we sign this bloke?' Etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:07 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:12 pm wrote:Well if Ings is to be played / used as a no.3 in the pecking order and scores 7-10 per season. Wouldn't that be value for money?

Danny Ings Danny Ings
Danny Danny Ings
Danny DANNY INGS!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Imo it boils down to this, the league table doesn't lie, a gap exists between us and the other top 4 clubs, to close that gap we obviously need to sign players. The question is does signing Ings close that gap between us and the likes of City, Chelsea and United? (bearing in mind those clubs will be signing players themselves)
That to me should be the criteria for every signing we make - i.e will this player close the gap between us and the top clubs?
Not 'will we make a few bob on this fella further down the road?' or 'will we save ourselves a few quid in transfer fee's if we sign this bloke?' Etc

Would you have said the same if we signed Harry Kane last summer as an example ?

Getting someone like Ings isn't the "name" people want and he may well take some time but we aren't going to buy "names" with every transfer

It's the same as with Sturridge a few years back - was a good youngster floating around needing a home

Ings could easily thrive with chances created and could score us 20 goals next season - he certainly has the potential to do so

Far too many of these youngsters get dismissed easily

We can't get the Higuains etc right now and we need to improve our forward line - bringing Ings in does that straight away with the club no doubt looking to bring in more
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:20 pm

I understand what you are saying BR but we seem to be saying the same things every summer, wether it's Borini, Aspas or whoever - let's give him a chance he might surprise us etc, but 9 times out of 10 those transfers that look underwhelming from the start turn out to be just that.
Hopefully Ings turns out to be the exception to the rule but I'm not holding my breath.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Just here to make up the numbers. I actually think Borini is a little better. But not sure why we need 4 non-academy strikers at the club unless we’ll be playing the diamond next year.
Eagle

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:48 am

As it stands with Sturridge due to miss the start of the season (again) and likely to pick up more injuries even when he is back, Ings could find himself first choice striker.

We need some real quality up front but also need to shift the likes of Balotelli and Borini on big contracts. Can't see FSG sanctioning buying another forward until this happens with Lambert still on the books and Origi now too.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:23 am

JC_81 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 am wrote:As it stands with Sturridge due to miss the start of the season (again) and likely to pick up more injuries even when he is back, Ings could find himself first choice striker.

We need some real quality up front but also need to shift the likes of Balotelli and Borini on big contracts. Can't see FSG sanctioning buying another forward until this happens with Lambert still on the books and Origi now too.

As you say mate as it stands we have Sturridge, Ings, Lambert, Balotelli, Borini and Origi on our books, that's 6 front line strikers (7 if you count Sinclair). Off the top of my head I can't remember another instance of us having so many CF's at the club at one time.
None of them seem to be on the verge of leaving either, Borini's agent is moaning that we have ruled out any loan deals for him and Mario's agent has said he's going nowhere.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:40 am

I see Ings has refused a "high pressure" squad number. As I said earlier in the thread he also refused a high pressure penalty at Burnley. Some will commend him for it, no doubt. I find it worrying.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:48 am

The lads said all the right things so far about respect and the massive opportunity it is to move to Liverpool - exactly what we want to hear so give the lad a chance FFS, he sounds more our kind of guy than half the rest of the squad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion