DANNY INGS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Carra's thoughts on Ings...

Jamie Carragher@Carra23
2 minutes ago
Lfc confirmed the signing of Danny Ings today from Burnley, on the back of the Milner deal last week it's nice to see new faces signed so quickly after a disappointing season. There's no doubt though that you associate perspiration rather than inspiration with both but on the back of a 6-1 defeat at Stoke and a poor end of the season we need it!

I think Ings will take the role of Borini in the squad & will provide more than he has, that will probably come in the Europa league & Capital one cup to start with then it will be up to him to show if he deserves to start more.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:15 pm

I hope it's for the future, this one. Who knows, he might just turn out to be like Harry Kane. Now BR needs to get rid of Borini, Lambert and Balotelli and buy an established striker:

1. Sturridge
2. Established striker
3. Ings
4. Origi

Doesn't look too bad...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:26 pm

It seems more than apparent that any substantial outlay in this transfer window
will not be forthcoming ...However Ings already has two England caps ,and at 23
is young enough and handy enough to be heralded as one of the signings of this
summer given the no doubt  'nominal' fee.

Frugal ,but astute signing given his age and the potential to take his overall game
up a level .....Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Danny.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:27 pm

On a side note, come to think of it, except for when we were under Rafa, when have we ever bought established players? Even under Rafa, Alonso was a relative unknown, Torres was a risk who wasn't that prolific at Athletico Madrid before he came to us, and I would say Rafa took advantage of West Ham's Mascherano situation. Reina was a keeper at Villareal, a mid-table team in the spanish league. Other than that, which world class player did Rafa buy? Keane? Aquilani? Nunez? Josemi? Babel? Jermaine Pennant?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:06 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:27 pm wrote:On a side note, come to think of it, except for when we were under Rafa, when have we ever bought established players?

When we used to win things.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:22 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:27 pm wrote:On a side note, come to think of it, except for when we were under Rafa, when have we ever bought established players? Even under Rafa, Alonso was a relative unknown, Torres was a risk who wasn't that prolific at Athletico Madrid before he came to us, and I would say Rafa took advantage of West Ham's Mascherano situation. Reina was a keeper at Villareal, a mid-table team in the spanish league. Other than that, which world class player did Rafa buy? Keane? Aquilani? Nunez? Josemi? Babel? Jermaine Pennant?

I agree.
For me, it's not the type of players we are signing. It's the managerial set up these players will be under!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:30 pm

If nothing else I'm sure the lad is made up to be at our club and unlike some others on our roster he'll be giving us everything he's got.

He's English and probably appreciates what an honour playing for LIVERPOOL actually means.

Welcome to LFC fella    :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:If nothing else I'm sure the lad is made up to be at our club and unlike some others on our roster he'll be giving us everything he's got.

He's English and probably appreciates what an honour playing for LIVERPOOL actually means.

You mean like Sterling  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Boocity » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:33 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:If nothing else I'm sure the lad is made up to be at our club and unlike some others on our roster he'll be giving us everything he's got.

You mean like Sterling  :D

Loving your positivity Boo.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:06 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:27 pm wrote:On a side note, come to think of it, except for when we were under Rafa, when have we ever bought established players?

When we used to win things.

That was long time ago... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:56 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:30 pm wrote:If nothing else I'm sure the lad is made up to be at our club and unlike some others on our roster he'll be giving us everything he's got.

I agree Mr. Woof.
Watching the CL Final on Saturday made me realise more than ever the need for LFC to get back to its core roots on the field.
Forget big name signing, forget producing a dream team. We need an honest team of players with the integrity that will allow us to dream!
Once that happens, anything is possible...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Danny Ings on an old Skill Skool clip on Soccer AM

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:01 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:15 pm wrote:I hope it's for the future, this one. Who knows, he might just turn out to be like Harry Kane. Now BR needs to get rid of Borini, Lambert and Balotelli and buy an established striker:

1. Sturridge
2. Established striker
3. Ings
4. Origi

Doesn't look too bad...

No.2 will be benteke. Not saying i want him here but im certain we will snap him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Reg » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:Hey all the moaners, BR is putting his head on the block with these signings, he doesn't want to lose his job so lets give the lad a chance eh?

Errr it's inevitable that he is going to lose his job with all these idiotic cheap signings Reg.

Weren't you LIKE Yakka and myself calling for quality signings only a few weeks back?  :suspect:

At least Yakka is standing by what he said.

Don't know what has persuaded you to join the rest of the forum lemmings on this one?
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Decent squad player, but nothing more.

We now need to clear our Borini, Lambert and Mario and bring in a world class striker. Will it happen? Will it f**k,,,
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion