Current squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm

lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:02 pm wrote:your right many overseas players dont make it, just got to look at our last 60 overseas players to see that.

Absolute nonsense, so Suarez, Coates and Enrique, just three of our latest foreign signings have been poor have they? While the likes of Adam, Downing and Henderson have been genuine quality? What about the likes of Spearing and Flanagan who have looked out of sorts this season? Martin Kelly seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth as has young Jack Robinson.

By the way who out of Southend have we signed over the last x number of years? I remember using signing Mr inconsistent, Danny Murphy from Crewe, but he was a fairly poor player in all honesty. He'd average one good game in every ten, hardly a person to shout and scream about.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 06, 2012 8:09 pm

They arnt Sh*t - fans just don't have the paitence to allow them to develop and mature.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:02 pm wrote:your right many overseas players dont make it, just got to look at our last 60 overseas players to see that.

Absolute nonsense, so Suarez, Coates and Enrique, just three of our latest foreign signings have been poor have they? While the likes of Adam, Downing and Henderson have been genuine quality? What about the likes of Spearing and Flanagan who have looked out of sorts this season? Martin Kelly seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth as has young Jack Robinson.

By the way who out of Southend have we signed over the last x number of years? I remember using signing Mr inconsistent, Danny Murphy from Crewe, but he was a fairly poor player in all honesty. He'd average one good game in every ten, hardly a person to shout and scream about.

Enrique was the worst player on the pitch yesterday and has been since jan. Plenty of foreign players have failed horribly over the last decades
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:35 pm

yes a lot of the 76 players that come here under Rafa were overseas players and we sure dont have 76 great players.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun May 06, 2012 7:11 pm wrote:
Enrique was the worst player on the pitch yesterday and has been since jan. Plenty of foreign players have failed horribly over the last decades

Enrique's quality is unquestionable, the reason Enrique has been poor in the last half of the season is because collectively we have been poor in the last half of the season. There are a lot of players who really are lacking any confidence at the moment and I'd rather we signed a £6m flop, instead of a £20m flop that is Stewart Downing and of course plenty of foreign players have come here and failed, where have I suggested that this wasn't the case? Arda Turan cost Atletico Madrid less than half of what we paid for Downing and Arda Turan even stated that he wanted to come and play for Liverpool football club. I dare say with the £35m we spent on Carroll we could have signed Falcao for that from Porto. So Atletico have managed to pick up not one, but two very good footballers for less than the price we paid for two of ours in Carroll and Downing.
Boxscarf

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm wrote:

lol its not just southend mate, its the links to about 20 lower clubs. i only said southend as they are close to mind as i live near there and for years if one of thire young players looked everyone was worried that southend was going to call liverpool to come and take a look.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 9:14 pm

lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:53 pm wrote:lol its not just southend mate, its the links to about 20 lower clubs. i only said southend as they are close to mind as i live near there and for years if one of thire young players looked everyone was worried that southend was going to call liverpool to come and take a look.

How many young players poached from lower league clubs by Premier league teams have gone onto become successful footballers in the top flight? Bale and Walcott are probably the only two I can think of.
Boxscarf

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 9:14 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:53 pm wrote:lol its not just southend mate, its the links to about 20 lower clubs. i only said southend as they are close to mind as i live near there and for years if one of thire young players looked everyone was worried that southend was going to call liverpool to come and take a look.

How many young players poached from lower league clubs by Premier league teams have gone onto become successful footballers in the top flight? Bale and Walcott are probably the only two I can think of.

god now your asking mate, for a start untill the prem started its how most teams got players, most still go and look at young kids but do tend to look overseas now so the championship side tend to get a better pick and then the prem pick from them, but its sad to say that a lot of good players have been overlook and they never got the chance to be a great players by getting the best coaching at the top clubs.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:24 pm

look at Scott parker started at Charlton Athletic as a youth then got picked up by Chelsea
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 pm

lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:24 pm wrote:look at Scott parker started at Charlton Athletic as a youth then got picked up by Chelsea

Charlton were a Premier league team though.
Boxscarf

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 pm

lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:24 pm wrote:look at Scott parker started at Charlton Athletic as a youth then got picked up by Chelsea

Parker was an established premier league player when Chelsea signed him ???
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 pm wrote:

Charlton were a Premier league team though.

he was there from 90 to 97 and i am sure they did not go up untill 2000? not 100% on that.

edit 2004 so he must have been there when they hit the prem.
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun May 06, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:34 pm

lol you will have me going as far back as Rob Jones soon, who we picked off Crewe Alexandra in 91 lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 06, 2012 9:36 pm

big changes to this squad is needed if we are to rise to the expectations that is expected next season.
keep.
reina.
lucas.
johnson.
skyrtel.
agger.
enrique.
gerrard.
luis.
andy.
3 players need to come in for the 1st team and we could do with strenghtening the bench.
those players make up a decent core to the team and i wouldnt turn down an offer for any of the ones not listed.
if we attempt to start next season with the same squad we now have then things arent going to change enough to improve our performances and league position.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 9:36 pm

lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:34 pm wrote:lol you will have me going as far back as Rob Jones soon, who we picked off Crewe Alexandra in 91 lol

Now if we could find another Rob Jones from somewhere we'd be much better for it. What a defender on his day.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion