Current squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 06, 2012 10:59 am

D___C » Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 pm wrote:
D___C » Sat May 05, 2012 7:13 pm wrote:Weakest squad in my lifetime (20 years).. and given we dominated for the 3 decades before that then u are going back to the 1950s since we were this bad.. which is exactly how it is league-wise. The 100m outlay by Kenny effectively destroyed any chance of progress. We didn't have the luxury of having a strong team before that outlay to get away with wasting it on pap. We needed that 100m to be spent on quality. We brought in one first class player, and a decent left back. The rest p1ssed away.

Said it many many times, our squad is riddled with average. Jay Spearing wearing a Liverpool shirt in a pre season friendly.. ok..a cup final? Dear God

carroll will lead the line in our next title winning side, mark my words.

Feel churlish having even a hint of negativity towards andy today after his brilliant display, but the reason i am not a fan is due to the fact he is not a partner for Suarez, and it is Suarez whom we should be building our team around, playing the manner that gets the best of of him and alongside similar players who compliment him.

Would a Barca fan say... "Ibrahimovic will lead the line in our next title winning side"... at the expense of the team being catered toward Messi?

Suarez is head and shoulders our best player now (Stevie is still world class but not quite what he was) and its him who we should be building the team around.

Suarez was anonymous until Carroll came on you fu'c'king tit
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Aussie Style » Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 am

We should definitely move on Doni, Aurelio, Wilson, Darby, Pacheco, Aquilani, Cole, Maxi, Kuyt, Adam, Downing and Spearing. Personally, I would hold on to Hendo for at least one more season, because there's a lot to work with when it comes to him and I wouldn't be against Aquilani and Maxi staying either, but I do think they'll both leave. Bring in Junior Hoilett for the left, Belhanda for the right, Luuk De Jong striker and Ever Banega to partner Lucas and we'll be in business. SIMPLE :)
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 am

Think we should move Adam on aswell

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:10 pm

metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 6:55 pm wrote:Spearing, Downing and Henderson are not good enough for this club and should be sold for better players

Agree 100% Henderson in particular is laughably bad, his peformance yesterday was a complete disgrace, at least Spearing tries, when Henderson plays you forget hes there half the time, how he manages to be completely anonymous whilst playing in the busiest area of the pitch is beyond me. Downing is completly average and has no business playing for a team who has serious ambitions of being a top side. His game is limited, he lacks skill and he again is happy to drift in and out of games at will. Spearing just isnt talented enough to play regular first team football at this level.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 06, 2012 3:10 pm

I think all of us agree that the "buy british" was the biggest piece of <add whatever u want> one can come up with. Newcastle bought cisse for less than hendo & downing. chelsea bought marvin for 7 million only (he is the type of winger we should be looking at).

we don't need to spend another 100 million....just do some decent scouting in germany, france, portugal and spain.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Aussie Style » Sun May 06, 2012 10:10 am wrote:We should definitely move on Doni, Aurelio, Wilson, Darby, Pacheco, Aquilani, Cole, Maxi, Kuyt, Adam, Downing and Spearing. Personally, I would hold on to Hendo for at least one more season, because there's a lot to work with when it comes to him and I wouldn't be against Aquilani and Maxi staying either, but I do think they'll both leave. Bring in Junior Hoilett for the left, Belhanda for the right, Luuk De Jong striker and Ever Banega to partner Lucas and we'll be in business. SIMPLE :)

If only it was that simple, it isn't!
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 pm

The_Rock » Sun May 06, 2012 2:10 pm wrote:I think all of us agree that the "buy british" was the biggest piece of <add whatever u want> one can come up with. Newcastle bought cisse for less than hendo & downing. chelsea bought marvin for 7 million only (he is the type of winger we should be looking at).

we don't need to spend another 100 million....just do some decent scouting in germany, france, portugal and spain.

Kenny played it safe and went with Premier league proven footballers, who were performing well for their respective clubs. The players he went for were big fish in small ponds and suddenly they are moved to a larger pond and they aren't comfortable in the pond. Adam, Downing and Henderson have just been poor and I expected better from them this season. Henderson has perhaps been the worst of the signings purely for the small fact he looks as though he'd rather be somewhere else. His effort level is nonexistent. Henderson has quality, he's shown that at Sunderland, he was one of their best footballers, but he needs to sort himself and offer more. Downing was never good enough, the lad does everything well, but his end product is just abysmal. Adam again has done nothing of note as of yet, he seems quite immobile, he seems slow and he's one-footed. He's a good back up player, but he's good enough to be a regular first team starter.

If Kenny is still our manager in the summer, then he needs to sign genuine quality from abroad. He played it safe in the last transfer window and it backfired on him, this summer (if he is given one more roll of the dice) then he needs to be less cautious and go and sign some genuine quality, not big fish in small ponds.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Sun May 06, 2012 4:47 pm

metalhead » Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 pm wrote:Spearing, Downing and Henderson are not good enough for this club and should be sold for better players

agree spearing and downing. spearing is ultimately not good enough and downing has been an utter disaster. seems to have a sever lack of bottle and lets face it, at his age now it's not as if he's going to get any better. henderson i'd keep for this reason. he's still very young and has plenty of time to improve (i've seen flashes of his ability but not enough). around better players he'll flourish imo. oh and being played in the correct position in the best formation would help aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 4:49 pm

According to Christian Purslow, this club was only one day away from being in administration. That puts everything in perspective.
Boxscarf

Postby roberto green » Sun May 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 3:49 pm wrote:According to Christian Purslow, this club was only one day away from being in administration. That puts everything in perspective.

Well that's reassuring, let's go and waste another 100m on Sh*t players to celebrate.
roberto green

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 pm

roberto green » Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm wrote:
Well that's reassuring, let's go and waste another 100m on Sh*t players to celebrate.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that was hilarious.
Boxscarf

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 4:06 pm wrote:

You post an insane amount of tosh, mate.... :no
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 4:06 pm wrote:

You post an insane amount of tosh, mate.... :no
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 9:23 pm wrote:
Kenny played it safe and went with Premier league proven footballers, who were performing well for their respective clubs. The players he went for were big fish in small ponds and suddenly they are moved to a larger pond and they aren't comfortable in the pond. Adam, Downing and Henderson have just been poor and I expected better from them this season. Henderson has perhaps been the worst of the signings purely for the small fact he looks as though he'd rather be somewhere else. His effort level is nonexistent. Henderson has quality, he's shown that at Sunderland, he was one of their best footballers, but he needs to sort himself and offer more. Downing was never good enough, the lad does everything well, but his end product is just abysmal. Adam again has done nothing of note as of yet, he seems quite immobile, he seems slow and he's one-footed. He's a good back up player, but he's good enough to be a regular first team starter.

If Kenny is still our manager in the summer, then he needs to sign genuine quality from abroad. He played it safe in the last transfer window and it backfired on him, this summer (if he is given one more roll of the dice) then he needs to be less cautious and go and sign some genuine quality, not big fish in small ponds.

Well our scouts should have also looked at their players mentality too.

An example...scott parker. West Ham was going down but scott parker gave 110% every game. So if we are gonna buy premiership players we should have bought players like him. So on top of skill we should also look at a player mental strength (easy...just look at past videos on how he plays when his team is down a goal).

We just can't afford another summer of buying players without balls.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 06, 2012 5:18 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:09 pm wrote:You post an insane amount of tosh, mate.... :no

I'd say you were being ironic with such a statement! Purslow did actually say we were one day away from administration, head over to the Skysports website and you will see the article on there.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion