Current squad assessment

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SALTROCK67 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:33 pm

Stmick dont u think that if Rafa had all the players available he would of stuck to the best 11 but due to injuries his hands been forced a little.Have we ever had the best 11 available at the same time this season i dont think so. ???  ???
SALTROCK67

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:41 pm

sorry we have got 3, alonso, gerrard & morientes

but players like carragher and risse deserve a mention as being top class players in my book, both are developing at rapid pace
109-1105722616

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:42 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:Stmick dont u think that if Rafa had all the players available he would of stuck to the best 11 but due to injuries his hands been forced a little.

it just doesn't happen these days mate. managers are always harping on about the need to "rest" players which is a joke in my opinion.

the prime example for me. olympiakos at home. pretty much our strongest side available played that game. we got a great result and should have been on a high for the merseyside derby the following weekend.

however from that side, baros, alonso and garcia were all dropped to the bench for mellor, sinama pongolle and diao. and all in one of the biggest matches of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:47 pm

stmichael wrote:
SALTROCK67 wrote:Stmick dont u think that if Rafa had all the players available he would of stuck to the best 11 but due to injuries his hands been forced a little.

it just doesn't happen these days mate. managers are always harping on about the need to "rest" players which is a joke in my opinion.

the prime example for me. olympiakos at home. pretty much our strongest side available played that game. we got a great result and should have been on a high for the merseyside derby the following weekend.

however from that side, baros, alonso and garcia were all dropped to the bench for mellor, sinama pongolle and diao. and all in one of the biggest matches of the season.

how is it a joke, its science if you play all the time you will burn yourself out and your muscles down get a chance to repair themselves.

if we never give players a rest you would be moaning that they arent putting the effort in when they are running around exhausted

there is that much money in football and the clubs invest heavily in medical staff and keeping players primed that we have to trust rafa benitez to do what is right for the club, and not listen to a lard ar$e like you
109-1105722616

Postby oakton » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:52 am

oakton wrote:basically our team is full of C grade or below players, a few B grades, and only one A grade player. Not good enough!!

correction, i think i will change it a bunch of D grade players, a few  C grades, and one B grade.  We have no A grade players!
oakton

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:07 am

oakten you are an ****** go and follow some ****** team because you haven't got a clue what your on about,gerrard alonso morientes even kewell on his day are grade a players carragher rise baros are not far behind we just need a few more so go and take your head for a ****** you jerk.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:15 am

welsh wizzard wrote:oakten you are an ****** go and follow some ****** team because you haven't got a clue what your on about,gerrard alonso morientes even kewell on his day are grade a players carragher rise baros are not far behind we just need a few more so go and take your head for a ****** you jerk.

Does this forum allow members to abuse other members like this? ???? ???? ????

Btw, "A" grade players are Henry, Ronaldo, Zidane, etc. Gerrard Alonso, Morientes, and Kewell are no where near that !!
oakton

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:56 am

i beg to differ gerrard and alonso are a match for the likes of zidane and ronaldo and morientes i would say today there is not much between them.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:00 am

oakton wrote:Btw, "A" grade players are Henry, Ronaldo, Zidane, etc. Gerrard Alonso, Morientes, and Kewell are no where near that !!

errrr hello??!!?? (spoken like a 7 year old)

Oakton me old china, what you on, ya dumbo?

This isn't a biased opinion but me thinks Gerard, Alonso & Morientes are grade A players in their sleep.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion