A look at our current first team squad...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:03 am

Although Rafa might not have gotten the players he genuinely wanted, I am not too worried after all as we are the European Champions with nothing to fear. Speaking of which, our current squad is considered one of the biggest in the Premiership (with what 42 players?) so we should have enough players who could step in for back-up, though not too experienced. Below would be the first team squads when we use our respective formations, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 (4-2-3-1) in both the domestic league and Europe. These lineups would be based on my personal preference.

4-4-2 (Premiership)

Cisse  Crouch

Zenden  Gerrard  Alonso  Garcia

Warnock  Hyypia  Carragher  Finnan

Reina

SUBS: Carson/Dudek, Morientes, Sissoko, Riise, Josemi/Whitbread.

4-4-2 (Europe)

Cisse  Morientes

Riise  Gerrard  Alonso  Garcia

Reina

SUBS: Carson/Dudek, Zenden, Crouch, Sissoko, Hamann, Sinama Pongolle, Josemi/Whitbread.

4-5-1 (Premiership)

Cisse

Zenden        Gerrard          Garcia
         Sissoko        Alonso

SUBS: Carson/Dudek, Crouch, Hamann, Riise, Josemi/Whitbread.

4-5-1 (Europe)

Cisse

Riise           Gerrard           Garcia
      Sissoko           Alonso

SUBS: Carson/Dudek, Zenden, Hamann, Morientes, Sinama Pongolle, Crouch, Josemi/Whitbread.

Some might think Rafa would still persist with the 4-5-1 formation for a large chunk of the games, but I do not think so. Once Crouch successfully returns from injury, I believe the Cisse-Crouch forward partnership with Crouch being the target man will be Rafa's preference. Also, some might think sticking with Garcia on right wing is a bit too lenient on my part. If Garcia is still prone to losing possession fairly easy, I would try out Potter on the wing, or even pushing Finnan up and slotting Josemi at right back. Of course, should injuries happen, there would be many more variations.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion