No rush for tns - They have to rely on their current squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skipper » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:42 pm

From Skysports:

Ian Rush will not come out of retirement to sit on the bench when Total Network Solutions take on Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League.

The holders were drawn against the Welsh minnows in the first qualifying round of Europe's premier club competition and TNS managing director Mike Harris said that he would attempt to coax Rush out of retirement in a bid to hand them a psychological boost.

Rush, though, will not be taking on his former club as TNS boss Ken McKenna says the club will be relying on their current squad.

"We will not be signing any big name players just for the Liverpool ties," said McKenna.

McKenna says his biggest concern is the prospect of his players swapping shirts with the Premiership stars.

"It would be putting it mildly to suggest there was a bit of a difference between us and Liverpool," he said.

"For instance, a mate came around to my house and found my front room covered in training bibs that I'd washed. He joked that Rafa Benitez's front room wouldn't look like that. Benitez seems to have a blank chequebook to buy whoever he wants, but my chairman tells me we don't have a penny.

"Our biggest concern over the Liverpool games will be the players swapping shirts at the end. We can't afford to replace ours!"

TNS wont have rush.  Their boss Mckenna is one whacky guy.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paddy M » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:07 pm

He's not thinking straight he could sell the Liverpool shirts and buy 10 TNS kits. :;):
Paddy M

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:00 pm

Or he could have them personally signed by all the LFCteam and auction them to the highest bidder...and that would pay TNS players wages for 2 years! :laugh:  :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:02 pm

:D
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion