Current Squad- who should we sell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 22, 2016 8:22 pm

JC_81 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:01 pm wrote:As effective as Hyypia/Henchoz were, their lack of pace dictated that we defended very deep. If we had those 2 in their prime now with Klopp's pressing game and holding a high defensive line as we do, we'd still concede a lot of goals. They fitted our counter-attacking style under Houllier though.

We need a left back and a keeper. Part of the reason Sakho has looked dodgy at times is due to Moreno going walkabout and leaving him exposed. Some of it is his own doing. He can be worked with, so can Clyne and Lovren.

The fact that opposition teams consistently play on the weaknesses of Mignolet (pump plenty of high balls/crosses in) and Moreno (play everything down our left in order to get said crosses in) says it all really. Teams have been doing that all season and getting success.

Sakho doesn't need any help to look dodgy.  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon May 23, 2016 4:31 am

red till i die!! » Sun May 22, 2016 11:17 am wrote:
ethanr » Sun May 22, 2016 7:42 pm wrote:
Reg » Sat May 21, 2016 11:41 pm wrote:Babbel, Henchoz, Hyypia, Carragher

Rock solid

Replace Moreno with a reliable left back and we have one of the strongest back lines in the league.

Seriously  :Oo: 
Clyne is the only decent one mate. The rest are ropey as fook  :nod

New keeper

Clyne                            Matip                                         New                      New.

That line up is already better than what we have  :D

:laugh:

Which clubs really have strong back lines right now? Spurs are really the only ones that come to mind, and maybe Arsenal. I think it's part of the reason the league was so odd this season- poor defenses not performing. I genuinely thought Lovren turned it around this season, and Sakho can be very good. With Matip coming in as well I'm optimistic if we replace Moreno and Mings.

I'm not saying we'll have the best in the world, but in the PL? We can easily be right up there.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kazza » Tue May 24, 2016 7:07 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion