May have been a blessing in disguise

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:00 pm

So then first defeat since Arsenal beat us 2-1 thanx to a Gerrard back pass which Henry pounced on.
But you would'nt think it was our first defeat in 16 competitive games would you?

Its a bitter (pardon the pun) pill to swallow, loosing to our loveable neighbours, whilst they have achieved what they set out for every season so early on the 9th of September.
Let them have their day in the sun it wont last long. They have a small squad once they get a few injuries or have a good cup run which I hope they do they will fall like a set of domino's.

We will forget about it once the team starts playing well and our defence gets back to normal.

It hurts of course it hurts, cause it was them, but whilst they celebrate their Champions League victory without a Trophey or medals, we will get back to buisness now and even though it may take a few more games to eventually see the Mighty Reds playing lovely pass and move football it will all work out in the end.

Could be worse we could be Arsenal fans look at their start to the season, new stadium great additions to their squad, but have started this campaign awful.

Man U firing on all cylinders at the moment and hopefully they will have peaked to early and over the course of the season drop a good few points hopefully this time around we can take atleast 4 points off them.

The current Liverpool squad is new with new tactics, can we afford a season in transition NO we cant, the new players need to be gradually brought into the squad but due to unforseen injuries, they have been thrown into the deepend some what, and Aurelio can be easily made a scapegoat.

But you cant blame him really its been forced on him and a derby is not the best way to start your new career off.
They targeted our left side the whole game because this was the weakest part of our squad.

The internationals havent helped ecspecially just after the WC, the team narley know each other.
And have spent more time with their national team mates and managers than Rafa.

I dont know what tactics rafa intends to employ this season but it will be more attacking than in the past I feel.
So even though this weekends been really shitty for us, it wont always be this way, we cant play any worse.
The mistakes that where made wont be repeated again not for a while anyway.

We where all so happy with our new players, we now have two out and out wingers, we have 4 good forwards, we have one of the best midfields in europe.
And once the defence is sorted out we can brag about our clean sheets again.

Once we go on another winning streak teams will not relish playing against us.
We are just having teething problems and its better to have them now than further into the season.

We will bounce back from this we are LFC we fear no one.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:So then first defeat since Arsenal beat us 2-1 thanx to a Gerrard pass back which Henry pounced on.
But you would'nt think it was our first defeat in 16 competitive games would you?

Its a bitter (pardon the pun) pill to swallow, loosing to our loveable neighbours, whilst they have achieved what they set out for every season so early on the 9th of September.
Let them have their day in the sun it wont last long. They have a small squad once they get a few injuries or have a good cup run which I hope they do they will fall like a set of domino's.

We will forget about it once the team starts playing well and our defence gets back to normal.

It hurts of course it hurts, cause it was them, but whilst they celebrate their Champions League victory without a Trophey or medals, we will get back to buisness now and even though it may take a few more games to eventually see the Mighty Reds playing lovely pass and move football it will all work out in the end.

Could be worse we could be Arsenal fans look at their start to the season, new stadium great additions to their squad, but have started this campaign awful.

Man U firing on all cylinders at the moment and hopefully they will have peaked to early and over the course of the season drop a good few points hopefully this time around we can take atleast 4 points off them.

The current Liverpool squad is new with new tactics, can we afford a season in transition NO we cant, the new players need to be gradually brought into the squad but due to unforseen injuries, they have been thrown into the deepend some what, and Aurelio can be easily made a scapegoat.

But you cant blame him really its been forced on him and a derby is not the best way to start your new career off.
They targeted our left side the whole game because this was the weakest part of our squad.

The internationals havent helped ecspecially just after the WC, the team narley know each other.
And have spent more time with their national team mates and managers than Rafa.

I dont know what tactics rafa intends to employ this season but it will be more attacking than in the past I feel.
So even though this weekends been really shitty for us, it wont always be this way, we cant play any worse.
The mistakes that where made wont be repeated again not for a while anyway.

We where all so happy with our new players, we now have two out and out wingers, we have 4 good forwards, we have one of the best midfields in europe.
And once the defence is sorted out we can brag about our clean sheets again.

Once we go on another winning streak teams will not relish playing against us.
We are just having teething problems and its better to have them now than further into the season.

We will bounce back from this we are LFC we fear no one.

good post Ciggy - good to see you are bouncing back now.
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:07 pm

ciggy babe, stop thinking about it so much, you will make yourself ill, its great reading what you right justifying whats going on but i get the impression that you are depressed and thinking about it constantly.

or maybe i am being unfair as i dont have to put up with blue noses giving me sh1t and reminding me about it every 2 minutes

:D
112-1077774096

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:09 pm

It's all about Tuesday now, wise words Ciggy, let's look forward eh?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:14 pm

peewee wrote:stop thinking about it so much, you will make yourself ill,

Seriously I am embarressed to admit I cryed my leg off, and threw up not through the drink either, its just they say so many evil spiteful things about us, they deserve fuck all.
Maybe if they wernt so bitter I could easily accept it but they are so I cant.
My mum went to a wake last night and they where all having a party in the house, playing Z cars, singin If yer no yer istory bla bla.
No respect for the woman who was dead in the next room in her coffin.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:17 pm

Ciggy wrote:
peewee wrote:stop thinking about it so much, you will make yourself ill,

Seriously I am embarressed to admit I cryed my leg off, and threw up not through the drink either, its just they say so many evil spiteful things about us, they deserve fuck all.
Maybe if they wernt so bitter I could easily accept it but they are so I cant.
My mum went to a wake last night and they where all having a party in the house, playing Z cars, singin If yer no yer istory bla bla.
No respect for the woman who was dead in the next room in her coffin.

that shows just how much it means to them, its their champions league final which when you think about it thats really sad. they must have such an inferiority complex
112-1077774096

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:53 pm

We most certainly will bounce back.  This was a wake up call/ kicked up the back side rolled into one. Each and every player has to take responsibilty and and never give up the chase.  New players are in the sqaud but they'll learn very quickly to adapt to the EPL because of this.

Let Gollum have his precious for a while, but take it back next time.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:13 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:We most certainly will bounce back.

i love bouncebackablity :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:30 pm

stmichael wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:We most certainly will bounce back.

i love bouncebackablity :D

:D  We most certainly will bouncebackabilty back  :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion