Xabi sent off last night - Blessing in disguise?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:24 pm

lando, next time open your eyes when u watch the clip mate, he was using the guy as a footpath and not treading lightly!!! :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:28 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I think the top 2 going through automatically is the fairest way, the playoffs were often seeded werent they anyway ?

Ask Rolf  :laugh:   :D
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:38 pm

dawson99 wrote:lando, next time open your eyes when u watch the clip mate, he was using the guy as a footpath and not treading lightly!!! :D

What was he supposed to do, though? If you're being dragged forwards, you either step or you fall. Xabi quite rightly tried to stay on his feet.

That "stamp" at the end wouldn't have killed an ant. It wouldn't have bent a blade of grass, ffs.

I thought folks from Iceland were tough. I thought that, with the extreme temperatures and manual work, they'd be able to take a bit of rough and tumble.

Well with this clown, and Gudjohnsen, I'm beginning to re-assess the c*nts.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:40 pm

lol, it was a stamp and not needed. if hed done it to gudjohnson tho... then id want him to go back for seconds :;):
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:42 pm

the commentator during the game raised a good point, Xabi is hardly a regular starter for spain and to finally get a decent starting role and blow it, has to hurt his confidence and morale.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:48 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I thought folks from Iceland were tough. I thought that, with the extreme temperatures and manual work, they'd be able to take a bit of rough and tumble.

Well with this clown, and Gudjohnsen, I'm beginning to re-assess the c*nts.

:D ...

Today, Iceland is a developed country, the world's fifth in terms of gross domestic product (GDP) per capita and second in human development. It is based upon a free market economy where service, finance, fishing and various industries are the main sectors. Tourism is popular, as many people are attracted to Iceland's exotic scenery. Iceland is a member of the UN, NATO, EFTA, EEA and OECD, but not of the European Union.

I do agree with you on the stamp though... he can be sent off but as i said in my prev post there are alot more malicious fouls than this...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:12 pm

Lando mate, as I've said to be honest from the position of the camera we can't see much, you have to be in the other side to tell whether Alonso put the studs in tha balls or what he did. About the stick Xabi received, well here it seems we have a different perceptions about this things. We consider unacceptable the kind of kicks that put in danger the knees and the legbones or ankles, but this kind of stamps are considered "childish" more than nasty. An elbow in the face is much worse, for sure.

The Islandia guys were tough through out the match. Alonso hasn't said a word about the incident, but his teammates have defended him. David Villa said there were lots of things coming from Iceland players unpunnished and that were worse than Xabi's action. Most comments have been on that sense and our player has received less stick than expected. Maybe because the media preffers to slag Aragones instead.

Anyhow, an action doesn't define a player. I'll never remember Zidane as a violent guy for that World Cup header. I preffer to remind him as he was regularly in the league, quite a gent in the pitch.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm not saying that Lando is biased, but if Alonso had ripped the players leg off and started hitting him with the wet end, he still wouldn't have thought it was a foul. :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:14 pm

:D Most of us have a bias for our players to be honest. It's only the love of LFC players the thing that makes you barely interested in those international games, in the first place. I realised about that with Torres, I used to hate him, and now I'm wishing he scores in the national team!
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:22 pm

What will they call Iceland when all the ice melts?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:31 pm

Island? The Land before time? The undieing lands? Middle Earth? That bit of water where an Iceland used to be maybe?

I agree with Lando not a sending off!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:58 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I thought folks from Iceland were tough. I thought that, with the extreme temperatures and manual work, they'd be able to take a bit of rough and tumble.

I know a few lads who work in Iceland they said the manual work isn't really that hard, and when the temperature gets to much they just stop filling and go in the canteen for a hot chocolate, they did say that the wages are really s.hit and they cringe when the see Kerry Katona doing those adverts for it on the telly, I asked them about the Alonso incident  but they were pretty busy at the time I think there are a few two for one offers on at the moment.
destro

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:26 pm

s@int wrote:I'm not saying that Lando is biased, but if Alonso had ripped the players leg off and started hitting him with the wet end, he still wouldn't have thought it was a foul. :D

:D

Really?? I hadn't noticed....

Just joking...

:D  :D
ConnO'var

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:10 pm

Whilst we're on the subject of Xabi, he played as a centerhalf for the reserves today and he scored from the spot.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby duk » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:54 am

Ace Ventura i notice scotland was missing from your list
duk

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion