Liverpool vs arsenal - Carling cup qtr final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Crouchamania » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:12 pm

I think its time to see who the real supporters are. I would support Liverpool if they were relegated to the conference and we had to resign Diao. However its inevitable there are some people out there (though im sure none on this forum) that were all too happy to say they supported Liverpool after Istanbul but when we get our buttocks handed to us by Arsenal don't give a shit.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby Crouchamania » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:14 pm

I think its time to see who the real supporters are. I would support Liverpool if they were relegated to the conference and we had to resign Diao. However its inevitable there are some people out there (though im sure none on this forum) that were all too happy to say they supported Liverpool after Istanbul but when we get our buttocks handed to us by Arsenal don't give a shit.

Btw if this shows up twice its because it didnt show up when i 1st posted it so i posted it again.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:we have been shocking all season, Rafa will be gone by the end of the season the way its been going so far....there has been some awful heartless displays this year, this is worse than any houillier display, at least we defended reasonably well under him, this year when we play badly we play awful.......
is it a coincidece that the two liverpool scorers are scousers...they seem to be the only players willing to die for the cause these days.....

Hahah ok. Can't wait to see these comments at the end of the season.

So f#cking predictable lot on here.

well on this seasons displays have i been wrong? ??? we have been shocking, to say that we have taken a backward step would be an understatement....out of all the domestic cups and about 20 points behind utd......wake up and smell the coffee man!

Say that to me again at the end of the season.

yeah i will.....when we have won nothing and scraped a Uefa place maybe? houllier was sacked for less than that....

Keep talking sh1t. Karma is a b!tch and I will hold you to your words.

im talking sh1t? ???
We were just humilitated 6-3 by a team with 6 teenagers in front of the Kop? we are out of both domestic cups. We are how many points behind utd and chelsea??? We havent beaten arsenal chelsea (bar the glorified friendly game called the charity shield) or Utd this year. Our away form is like that of teams in relegation battle? and now our season hinges on a cup tie against the current holders of the Champions League....hardy what Id call a successful season so far....  Stop harping on about May, based on the form we have showed this season if we are still in the Champions League in february it will be a miracle.....so get real.... And trust me I would love to be wrong, but we are not good enough this season and as a supporter of the club I am entitled to be angry at what I saw last night, Im sure we will improve but I dont see it happening this season, the damage is well done at this stage. ....Karma??? what drugs are you taking? ???

Our season is over innit? Now you know this because you have a crystal ball that you sit on and thus can predict the future no?

Stfu. Come back to me at the end of the season with this same bullsh!t and we'll see whether you are right or not.

We're 8 points behind Chelsea with 18 games left to be played. Compared to 39 points in a similar stage to the campaign two years ago.

Stop talking sh1t.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:54 pm

club_Levis wrote:I have not seen such fluid kind of football exhibited here since he took over from Houlieer ( sp).Most said we should be patient until he has his his own team. I am wondering how long is it going to take.

A liverpool fan who can't spell Houllier -  :D gawd this site had so many winder-uppers ay .. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:02 pm

Was hurt last night but at the end of the day...loosing 6-3 0r loosing 1-0 makes no difference now!The outcome is the same...LFC are out of both domestic cups!!Is it really the end of the world?

It's been hard reading this thread to keep a level head and not loose it,bursting into insults!It would be easy to tell certain brainless t.its that thrive on the bad times exactly what they are but hey whats the point?
Theres certainly one the thing thats came to light of late and its stood out like a sore thumb...there is a few one here that have never anything positive to say about LFC..in fact when alls going well they dont even post.The same few have never said one decent thing about the manager,any player or the club in general!
These bunch of so called 'supporters' only raise their shallow little shi.te filled skulls when the team are getting it rough...makes me wonder where their loyalties actually lie!

No one is saying that the team or manager is above criticism or comments from any of us but i just dont feel that anyone has the right to say nothing all the time then shi.te all over our club when the chips are down!

Basically being a yappy moaning bastar.d is not being a supporter!

Anyway its not the end of the world...2 cups less is a lot less matches!
A lot less matches means more focus on getting as far up the league as possible and getting into the C/L again next season...Fewer matches also mean that we can channel our energy towards a proper cup ie The Champions League!

Who's to say we cant beat Barca and go onto lift it this year....If this happens(and its possible)
Where will the Raffa out people be then??
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:21 am

Well then...here we were expecting the three 'R's - Revenge, Redress and a bit of Respectability after Saturdays FA Cup exit against a resolute Arsenal side. Only to go and suffer the humiliation of the three 'T's - Turgid, Timid and quite frankly Terrible, on a night where Sentiment got in the way of proceedings twice in the space of 4 days. The manager tied his own hands behind his back by making the promise in the first place...so in that respect, he was doomed from the outset. Dudek was thrown into the Lions den on both occasions, totally alienating the efficiency of the defensive unit, ergo the whole team. Thereby becoming the natural scapegoat through simply the word and deed of a man facing himself in the mirror today, who with some degree of self-criticism will be holding himself rightly accountable because of several poor management decisions.  Not helped in fairness by two dreadfully untimely injuries, that could eventually have repercussions in the latter stages, of what quite honestly is a forgettable first half of a trying season, to say the least.  At a push yes, there were some positives in both games, if you scrutinise them with the sharpest of vision. Of course the skippers goal was another high-point; one worthy of winning any game.  But ive never seen surrender on a scale like that at Liverpool in my life.

The line-up was baffling to say the least. The inclusion of two or three reserves may well have been part of the original plan prior to the cancelled tie before Christmas. However, if having suffered the fate of being dumped out of a competition that the club were current holders of in such an ungracious manner over the last weekend wasn't bad enough. Events leading up to Tuesday's encounter could not have held more significance...True enough, it was an admirable gesture on Rafa's behalf, heaven knows the humble depths of the man. But ultimately its one that will come to rest heavily around his neck like a millstone over the ensuing weeks where his every motive will fall under the microscope. Rightly or wrongly, Rafa Benitez is once more fair game again, for both the hacks and for the fans who will continue to despair of his pig-headedness. Never mind Arsenal being the stronger side..they were.  But what an even easier task they found awaiting them than that of Saturday's...and that is the bitterest pill of them all.

While its easy, if not contemptibly 'fashionable' these days, to allow yourself to be sucked in to the abyss with ever-increasing dissent as a result of these harsh lessons. Its also an outstandingly ignorant strategy to defend the indefensible. On both occasions Rafa got it spectacularly wrong. In both his actual team selections and perhaps a little more worryingly, tactically out on the park too, the managers rationale was severely dented through the direct result of something akin to indifference. That sounds extremely brutal in the final analysis...but thats basically what it boiled down to. Im certain Benitez does hold the interests of the fans very close to his heart indeed. What they witnessed in the last two games though, stopped just short of a decisive and blatantly unceremonious two-fingered salute as far as any lingering hopes of another day out in Cardiff went. Unlucky for Rafa that metaphorical gesture was played out in the wide open expanse for all to see.  No Fog this time around to conceal any blushes, thats for sure.

Perhaps we as a club are spoiled too often, maybe expectation outweighs the reality at times..It could well be the manager has his eyes trained elsewhere this season. Indeed, aside from the Domestic cups; our fortunes do appear to be concentrated on bigger and better things this term, believe that if you can.  But this has always been a great 'cup-winning' club..it just happened to be that it was also good at winning League Championships too, once upon a time.  Which in my eyes makes it all the more important these days to be a part of at least one of these frequently triumphant sojourns down to the Millenium, soon to be replaced by the new Wembley.  Both because the fans deserve it and the respect the club has earned over the years by winning most of them.  O.K, your not going to succeed everytime, nor should there be a god given right to. But never do you expect to throw in the towel as readily as that.  Wenger must have been cackling incredulously into his ovaltine at the unbelievable mess of it all.  And it was...

Of course now its all water under the bridge and the consolidation of at least fourth spot in the League is now a necessity, not an easy task..but an essential one. Failure to secure Champions league qualification may not be felt as hard on the coffers of the club this time round, should D.I.C's interest prevail.  But it will do interminable damage to the stock of Rafa Benitez, if his teachings aren't absorbed and carried out upon the greatest stage of them all...he can ill afford that while courting favour with a new and enthusiastic board hovering over him. Much in the same way as he can no longer rely on the depths of this current squad to bail out an error of judgement...or three. Currently as it stands, most of the funds available recently have been spent on the interests of the first-team and the odd squad acquisition.  In my view, up to a third of that starting 11 and most certainly half the remainder of the squad are not capable of maintaining the Liverpool standard.  Not the kind that end up 'Liverpool F.C - Champions of England' anyway.  Blah Blah Blah! its common knowledge anyway and frankly all too boring now, but only because it wont go away.

This 'takeover' scenario has undergone a rapid transformation of late from being one thats cautiously anticipated to the present predicament where, it will be welcomed with open arms...by a growing majority...and the sooner the better!  I just hope for all our sakes, it doesn't turn out to be an eastern promise filled with nothing but more hot-air and disillusionment.  But the laying down of stronger and better roots for the near-future and most pertinently, beyond.  Significant investment in both the first team and the reserves has to be addressed. There quite obviously is a huge 'gulf' in quality between our Youth set-ups and our adversaries. That is a rot thats been allowed to fester unchecked for a while now and critically must be turned around. I hear stories only today of two further recruits, who on the face of it stand as much of a chance under a manager like Rafa Benitez as anyone...infact, lets face it. Underneath the well aired and ailing symptoms of the first choice available at present. There appears to be a healthy crop of talent being nurtured outside the spotlight...maybe there is light at the end of a long and quite exasperating tunnel after all.  We'll have to see.   YNWA.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:24 am

joko wrote:could somebody sum this up for me?

( 3 - 1 ) + ( 6 - 3) = ...

i used to work on some more complicated calculation but this one has just got my brain halted

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:41 am

I have been a Liverpool fan since 1975/76, Kevin Keegan et all with the big perm, and never thought I'd see the day in my lifetime that we get beat by letting in 6 goals at Anfield.

Looking at the match and the result in perspective, it's still a minnow cup, despite being a silverware that would get us into the UEFA Cup automatically next season if we don't get into the CL. We face the mighty Barca over 2 legs in Feb and now things don't look so rosy in so far as ending the season with a silverware.

No matter what, I love Liverpool FC to death and will continue to support through thick and thin. I am over the 2 cup defeats and the CL tie is Barca's to lose, so we as the underdogs have nothing to lose or fear. The whole team should get back on track by getting wins consistently in the league and we'll see from there on.

Chin up, lads, we're Liverpool FC. YNWA
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:59 am

red37 wrote:Well then...here we were expecting the three 'R's - Revenge, Redress and a bit of Respectability after Saturdays FA Cup exit against a resolute Arsenal side. Only to go and suffer the humiliation of the three 'T's - Turgid, Timid and quite frankly Terrible, on a night where Sentiment got in the way of proceedings twice in the space of 4 days. The manager tied his own hands behind his back by making the promise in the first place...so in that respect, he was doomed from the outset. Dudek was thrown into the Lions den on both occasions, totally alienating the efficiency of the defensive unit, ergo the whole team. Thereby becoming the natural scapegoat through simply the word and deed of a man facing himself in the mirror today, who with some degree of self-criticism will be holding himself rightly accountable because of several poor management decisions.  Not helped in fairness by two dreadfully untimely injuries, that could eventually have repercussions in the latter stages, of what quite honestly is a forgettable first half of a trying season, to say the least.  At a push yes, there were some positives in both games, if you scrutinise them with the sharpest of vision. Of course the skippers goal was another high-point; one worthy of winning any game.  But ive never seen surrender on a scale like that at Liverpool in my life.

The line-up was baffling to say the least. The inclusion of two or three reserves may well have been part of the original plan prior to the cancelled tie before Christmas. However, if having suffered the fate of being dumped out of a competition that the club were current holders of in such an ungracious manner over the last weekend wasn't bad enough. Events leading up to Tuesday's encounter could not have held more significance...True enough, it was an admirable gesture on Rafa's behalf, heaven knows the humble depths of the man. But ultimately its one that will come to rest heavily around his neck like a millstone over the ensuing weeks where his every motive will fall under the microscope. Rightly or wrongly, Rafa Benitez is once more fair game again, for both the hacks and for the fans who will continue to despair of his pig-headedness. Never mind Arsenal being the stronger side..they were.  But what an even easier task they found awaiting them than that of Saturday's...and that is the bitterest pill of them all.

While its easy, if not contemptibly 'fashionable' these days, to allow yourself to be sucked in to the abyss with ever-increasing dissent as a result of these harsh lessons. Its also an outstandingly ignorant strategy to defend the indefensible. On both occasions Rafa got it spectacularly wrong. In both his actual team selections and perhaps a little more worryingly, tactically out on the park too, the managers rationale was severely dented through the direct result of something akin to indifference. That sounds extremely brutal in the final analysis...but thats basically what it boiled down to. Im certain Benitez does hold the interests of the fans very close to his heart indeed. What they witnessed in the last two games though, stopped just short of a decisive and blatantly unceremonious two-fingered salute as far as any lingering hopes of another day out in Cardiff went. Unlucky for Rafa that metaphorical gesture was played out in the wide open expanse for all to see.  No Fog this time around to conceal any blushes, thats for sure.

Perhaps we as a club are spoiled too often, maybe expectation outweighs the reality at times..It could well be the manager has his eyes trained elsewhere this season. Indeed, aside from the Domestic cups; our fortunes do appear to be concentrated on bigger and better things this term, believe that if you can.  But this has always been a great 'cup-winning' club..it just happened to be that it was also good at winning League Championships too, once upon a time.  Which in my eyes makes it all the more important these days to be a part of at least one of these frequently triumphant sojourns down to the Millenium, soon to be replaced by the new Wembley.  Both because the fans deserve it and the respect the club has earned over the years by winning most of them.  O.K, your not going to succeed everytime, nor should there be a god given right to. But never do you expect to throw in the towel as readily as that.  Wenger must have been cackling incredulously into his ovaltine at the unbelievable mess of it all.  And it was...

Of course now its all water under the bridge and the consolidation of at least fourth spot in the League is now a necessity, not an easy task..but an essential one. Failure to secure Champions league qualification may not be felt as hard on the coffers of the club this time round, should D.I.C's interest prevail.  But it will do interminable damage to the stock of Rafa Benitez, if his teachings aren't absorbed and carried out upon the greatest stage of them all...he can ill afford that while courting favour with a new and enthusiastic board hovering over him. Much in the same way as he can no longer rely on the depths of this current squad to bail out an error of judgement...or three. Currently as it stands, most of the funds available recently have been spent on the interests of the first-team and the odd squad acquisition.  In my view, up to a third of that starting 11 and most certainly half the remainder of the squad are not capable of maintaining the Liverpool standard.  Not the kind that end up 'Liverpool F.C - Champions of England' anyway.  Blah Blah Blah! its common knowledge anyway and frankly all too boring now, but only because it wont go away.

This 'takeover' scenario has undergone a rapid transformation of late from being one thats cautiously anticipated to the present predicament where, it will be welcomed with open arms...by a growing majority...and the sooner the better!  I just hope for all our sakes, it doesn't turn out to be an eastern promise filled with nothing but more hot-air and disillusionment.  But the laying down of stronger and better roots for the near-future and most pertinently, beyond.  Significant investment in both the first team and the reserves has to be addressed. There quite obviously is a huge 'gulf' in quality between our Youth set-ups and our adversaries. That is a rot thats been allowed to fester unchecked for a while now and critically must be turned around. I hear stories only today of two further recruits, who on the face of it stand as much of a chance under a manager like Rafa Benitez as anyone...infact, lets face it. Underneath the well aired and ailing symptoms of the first choice available at present. There appears to be a healthy crop of talent being nurtured outside the spotlight...maybe there is light at the end of a long and quite exasperating tunnel after all.  We'll have to see.   YNWA.

excellent, along the lines of what i have been saying all season but much more eloquent, well written mate
112-1077774096

Postby peterc1992 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:31 pm

joko wrote:could somebody sum this up for me?

( 3 - 1 ) + ( 6 - 3) = ...

i used to work on some more complicated calculation but this one has just got my brain halted

Liverpools week
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:34 pm

peewee wrote:
red37 wrote:Well then...here we were expecting the three 'R's - Revenge, Redress and a bit of Respectability after Saturdays FA Cup exit against a resolute Arsenal side. Only to go and suffer the humiliation of the three 'T's - Turgid, Timid and quite frankly Terrible, on a night where Sentiment got in the way of proceedings twice in the space of 4 days. The manager tied his own hands behind his back by making the promise in the first place...so in that respect, he was doomed from the outset. Dudek was thrown into the Lions den on both occasions, totally alienating the efficiency of the defensive unit, ergo the whole team. Thereby becoming the natural scapegoat through simply the word and deed of a man facing himself in the mirror today, who with some degree of self-criticism will be holding himself rightly accountable because of several poor management decisions.  Not helped in fairness by two dreadfully untimely injuries, that could eventually have repercussions in the latter stages, of what quite honestly is a forgettable first half of a trying season, to say the least.  At a push yes, there were some positives in both games, if you scrutinise them with the sharpest of vision. Of course the skippers goal was another high-point; one worthy of winning any game.  But ive never seen surrender on a scale like that at Liverpool in my life.

excellent, along the lines of what i have been saying all season but much more eloquent, well written mate

I'll second that.  Nice post Red.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby CarlosRocks » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:57 pm

absolutely fantastic post mr red. very well wrote...  :bowdown
CarlosRocks

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:00 pm

I've just now seen the goals from the game.  Feck me, what a shambles. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby CarlosRocks » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I've just now seen the goals from the game.  Feck me, what a shambles. :no

where did you see em? was it on line if so do you have a link?
CarlosRocks

Postby CarlosRocks » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:15 pm

its alright ive found one...
CarlosRocks

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion