Quarter final and semi final - Draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:17 am

Bamaga man wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
holylamb2006 wrote:Looks like we'll be without Agger for the season :(

I'm not overly bothered, not being horrible but we have cover their now, and I reckon Skertel will be better than Danny.

don't think so mate...

You dont think so mate, doesnt mean your right.

Where is Stu the Red when you need him ?

Like I said before Skertel appears to be everything Agger isnt.

what do you feel agger isnt??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:39 am

Raffas take on it 

And hes offered Xabis lad a contract :laugh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediase....nbram=1
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:52 am

RedBlood wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

I'm not overly bothered, not being horrible but we have cover their now, and I reckon Skertel will be better than Danny.

don't think so mate...

Well since you asked Redblood.

Firstly I think both defenders have something the other doesnt, so in that respect that will complement eachother.

Skertel though for me looks like a defender first, like Carra a no nonsense defender. Agger is more of your modern day centre half who is neat on the ball, can bring the ball out of defence and pick out some good passes along with shots. Skertel has shown to he can bring the ball out but to me he seems more of the old fashioned type of defender similar to Carra.

Skertel is quicker than Agger, the Dane isnt that quick, and isnt as strong as Skertel IMO. He wont get bullied ala Agger V's Drogba. Maybe Agger has a better reading of the game, but thats hard to say for definate. And I think Skertel is better in the air than Agger, who for a tall center half isnt great IMO. Like I said both are different ones more of a modern type of player while the other is more orthadox.

And I personally like my defenders to be able to defend first and foremost before scoring 20 yarders. Like Carragher, Hyypia and Henchoz who was a fantastic defender for me. Skertel still has alot to learn, concerntration and ball watching etc, but he has the raw talent of a center half and one I like.

Take Rio Ferdinand for example and compare him to John Terry, who would you rather have ? I know Ferdinand is quicker and that may seem to contradict something I said about Skertel being quiker than Agger. But if I had to pick one of Rio Ferdinand or John Terry, I'd pick Terry everytime, he is a consistent, solid no nonesense defender which I hope Skertel turns out to be more like rather than Ferdinand.

Same thing applies for me with Aurelio, he looks a neat and tidy footballer but a good defender he doesnt IMO. And although Riise isnt the best LB around I prefer him to Aurelio because he is a better defender than the Brazillian,
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:30 am

Luckily we have both. I think we have suffered this season for not having a ball carrying cetre half available, Carra and Hyypia are very limited in this skill and far too often boot the ball out of defence, with it often returning very quickly. IMO the centre half pairing will eventually become Agger and another (Skrtel/Carra), because of the 3 he's the one who is comfortable on the ball, athough the other 2 are still excellent defenders.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 am

Beat Arsenal in the quarters, beat Chelsea in the Semis and then beat Man Utd in the final.

Simple really.

And if that were to happen we would have bragging rights over every one of them for life. :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Dundalk wrote:Beat Arsenal in the quarters, beat Chelsea in the Semis and then beat Man Utd in the final.

Simple really.

And if that were to happen we would have bragging rights over every one of them for life. :D

I can't take a final against manure...(this is not a defeatist mentality....its just that i hate manure so much...even a remote chance of losing to them is simply unacceptable).

For that reason only....i hope barcelona beats them if manure gets to the semis.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
RedBlood wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

don't think so mate...

Well since you asked Redblood.

Firstly I think both defenders have something the other doesnt, so in that respect that will complement eachother.

Skertel though for me looks like a defender first, like Carra a no nonsense defender. Agger is more of your modern day centre half who is neat on the ball, can bring the ball out of defence and pick out some good passes along with shots. Skertel has shown to he can bring the ball out but to me he seems more of the old fashioned type of defender similar to Carra.

Skertel is quicker than Agger, the Dane isnt that quick, and isnt as strong as Skertel IMO. He wont get bullied ala Agger V's Drogba. Maybe Agger has a better reading of the game, but thats hard to say for definate. And I think Skertel is better in the air than Agger, who for a tall center half isnt great IMO. Like I said both are different ones more of a modern type of player while the other is more orthadox.

And I personally like my defenders to be able to defend first and foremost before scoring 20 yarders. Like Carragher, Hyypia and Henchoz who was a fantastic defender for me. Skertel still has alot to learn, concerntration and ball watching etc, but he has the raw talent of a center half and one I like.

Take Rio Ferdinand for example and compare him to John Terry, who would you rather have ? I know Ferdinand is quicker and that may seem to contradict something I said about Skertel being quiker than Agger. But if I had to pick one of Rio Ferdinand or John Terry, I'd pick Terry everytime, he is a consistent, solid no nonesense defender which I hope Skertel turns out to be more like rather than Ferdinand.

Same thing applies for me with Aurelio, he looks a neat and tidy footballer but a good defender he doesnt IMO. And although Riise isnt the best LB around I prefer him to Aurelio because he is a better defender than the Brazillian,

Instead of comparing Skertel and Dagger....i think we should compliment rafa for a signing them. Skertel and Dagger compliment each other very well......Dagger a ball playing defender and Skertel a defender's defender in the mould of carra (only that he has more pace).....

So when it comes for hyppia and carra to hang their boots....you can say they have ready made replacements...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Yari7 wrote:The draw took place live. It is not a fix. If it was a fix, then all the club officials who were there and saw the draw take place with their own eyes must have been in on it as well.

Sky and all the other media people that were there live to see it must have been in on it.

Seriously, Liverpool fans need to wake up and face reality. We got a tough draw.

why don't u feck urself , 4 balls were in 2 containers each , the balls shud have been shuffled or rolled or whatever , instead they were just picked from their respective containers , the draw was fixed and some1 posted the exact same draw 21 hours before it .

Live or not we all know platini does not like LFC , he wanted us to face arsenal and a English team would be out , face chelsea another English team to be out , he's doing everything to avoid a all English final . Use uur brains for god's sake .

I don't give a sh!t TBH , arsenal have more to play for then us , the elague , champions league , we have less on our minds , we should beat them 3 times outta 3 if the red men stand up and be counted for , hopefully they suffer injuries along the way and their squad is not strong in dept .

The post 21 hours before was just a guess. Someone said that Liverpool will get Ardsenal and Chelsea and Man Utd won't get eachother. Thats a pretty easy guess to make.

It was done live and the balls were shuffled. I watched it live

And how do we know that Platini hates Liverpool. Not everyone hates us? Yoyu Liverpool fans seem to thinkt he world is againt you.
Yari7

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Yari7 wrote:Not everyone hates us? Yoyu Liverpool fans seem to thinkt he world is againt you.

Come clean, mate--who do you really support? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

don't think so mate...

remind yourself that the same logic applies to you...

Yes I know that whatever the f.uck your name is.

well it is not Bamaga man... :p

anyway... I agree with your description of the two defenders mate... but Agger at this point in time is more established than Skrtel in the Premiership... we can argue till the cows come home who will be the better player eventually... btw your description of a modern day type of defender is not so modern anymore... if you remember, a certain player called Beckenbauer played that kind of game in the 60's and 70's...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Yari7 wrote:The draw took place live. It is not a fix. If it was a fix, then all the club officials who were there and saw the draw take place with their own eyes must have been in on it as well.

Sky and all the other media people that were there live to see it must have been in on it.

Seriously, Liverpool fans need to wake up and face reality. We got a tough draw.

why don't u feck urself , 4 balls were in 2 containers each , the balls shud have been shuffled or rolled or whatever , instead they were just picked from their respective containers , the draw was fixed and some1 posted the exact same draw 21 hours before it .

Live or not we all know platini does not like LFC , he wanted us to face arsenal and a English team would be out , face chelsea another English team to be out , he's doing everything to avoid a all English final . Use uur brains for god's sake .

I don't give a sh!t TBH , arsenal have more to play for then us , the elague , champions league , we have less on our minds , we should beat them 3 times outta 3 if the red men stand up and be counted for , hopefully they suffer injuries along the way and their squad is not strong in dept .

The post 21 hours before was just a guess. Someone said that Liverpool will get Ardsenal and Chelsea and Man Utd won't get eachother. Thats a pretty easy guess to make.

And how do we know that Platini hates Liverpool. Not everyone hates us? Yoyu Liverpool fans seem to thinkt he world is againt you.

why have you changed the facts of what actually happened.
firstly he did not say
"that Liverpool will get Ardsenal and Chelsea and Man Utd won't get each other"

He said the results had been leaked and Liverpool got arsenal,  manu got roma and chelski got fenerbache. and that's not a pretty easy guess to make its about 105/1 actually. You also forgot to mention that the betting shops stopped taking bets on the result of the draw.

Yoyu Liverpool fans seem to thinkt he world is againt you.

the world isn't against Liverpool fans --ITS JELLOUS OF US . they wish they were us as proved by you (obviously not a LFC fan ) coming on our forum
nobybob

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

Feck off u WUM , the fact is there is a pretty high chance that the draw was leaked . Who do u support Btw? Go back to ur forum and stop impersonating to be a fan
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Bring it on. We fear nobody in Europe.

The best part of the drw the other day was the host saying this:

"Liverpool the 5 time winners, and Chelsea who have been semi-finalists in recent years"

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Yari7 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 pm

nobybob wrote:why have you changed the facts of what actually happened.
firstly he did not say

He said the results had been leaked and Liverpool got arsenal,  manu got roma and chelski got fenerbache. and that's not a pretty easy guess to make its about 105/1 actually. You also forgot to mention that the betting shops stopped taking bets on the result of the draw.

You are getting confused. The one "leaked" 21 hours before was simply saying that Arseanl and Liverpool will get eachother and that Chelsea and Man Utd won't.

It was the other post which was "leaked" 90 mins before that predicted all the draws.
Yari7

Postby Yari7 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Feck off u WUM , the fact is there is a pretty high chance that the draw was leaked . Who do u support Btw? Go back to ur forum and stop impersonating to be a fan

So because I don't beleive the draw was a fix, it means I am not a Liverpool fan and I am a impersonator.

Please wake up. The draw was not fixed. It was a lucky guess.
Yari7

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion