Liverpool vs arsenal - Carling cup qtr final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:47 am

oh this thread is buggy now that its so big

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:58 am

We've got a big hole in our goal, we've got a great big hole in our goal :D
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby club_Levis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:48 am

puroresu wrote:Would a so called 1st team won tonight?  I aint so sure.  Arsenal are on a different level when it comes to passing and moving. Rafa has us playing huff and puff football.  Its embarrasing.  Rafa needs to realise that a team without pace will always struggle against a side with good movement and sharp passing.  Palletta is too slow.  We need pace at the back badly.  Rafa doesnt see this though.

I dont see how this side can combat the passing and movement of a Barcelona side with Eto, Messi and Ronaldhinho.  I just dont see it happening. 
Too many players at the club which are not good enough.  Garcia is a joke!!!

I'm sick of the style of play.  No passing, no movement.  Arsenal dragged our defenders all over the place. There is a huge difference in footballing brain and technical ability.

Its not just down to money.  Wenger has found quality players for cheap.  Its all about looking in the right places.

Spot on. Blinkered supporters who think they love the club more will think otherwise though. The truth hurts sometimes. Liverpool has not been convincing enough for a long time due to the predictable kind of football it plays. When Rafa came I was so excited having watched his Valencia side play football esp after they tore us  apart at Anfield.I have not seen such fluid kind of football exhibited here since he took over from Houlieer ( sp).Most said we should be patient until he has his his own team. I am wondering how long is it going to take.
club_Levis

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:19 am

I suppose it's nice to read the odd optimistic post this morning, if for no other reason than to counter the absolutely pathetic, amateur and embarrassing performance last night.
Another season comes and goes, another season without silverware (and don't tell me to live on the all too infrequent glories of years gone by). The Champions League win was a one-off. LFC CAN'T live off that while putting on a gutless display like last night. Fastest LFC manager to 50 wins ? Don't make me laugh....
Outplayed, outmanoeuvred, outfought, outclassed, humbled, embarrassed.....twice.....by the same club.....the second time infinitely more embarrassing than the first. Is THAT the LFC second team ? Is that the future of Liverpool ? Is THAT the Arsenal team we will have to play in a season or two ? Chelski money aside, that Arsenal second team would wipe the floor with the Chelski first team.
Who are we kidding ? That performance was an insult to the paying punters, the lifelong fans etc. and there is no excuse.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby FRfanatic » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 am

bunglemark2 wrote:I suppose it's nice to read the odd optimistic post this morning, if for no other reason than to counter the absolutely pathetic, amateur and embarrassing performance last night.
Another season comes and goes, another season without silverware (and don't tell me to live on the all too infrequent glories of years gone by). The Champions League win was a one-off. LFC CAN'T live off that while putting on a gutless display like last night. Fastest LFC manager to 50 wins ? Don't make me laugh....
Outplayed, outmanoeuvred, outfought, outclassed, humbled, embarrassed.....twice.....by the same club.....the second time infinitely more embarrassing than the first. Is THAT the LFC second team ? Is that the future of Liverpool ? Is THAT the Arsenal team we will have to play in a season or two ? Chelski money aside, that Arsenal second team would wipe the floor with the Chelski first team.
Who are we kidding ? That performance was an insult to the paying punters, the lifelong fans etc. and there is no excuse.

Well said :veryangry
FRfanatic

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:56 am

club_Levis wrote:
puroresu wrote:Would a so called 1st team won tonight?  I aint so sure.  Arsenal are on a different level when it comes to passing and moving. Rafa has us playing huff and puff football.  Its embarrasing.  Rafa needs to realise that a team without pace will always struggle against a side with good movement and sharp passing.  Palletta is too slow.  We need pace at the back badly.  Rafa doesnt see this though.

I dont see how this side can combat the passing and movement of a Barcelona side with Eto, Messi and Ronaldhinho.  I just dont see it happening. 
Too many players at the club which are not good enough.  Garcia is a joke!!!

I'm sick of the style of play.  No passing, no movement.  Arsenal dragged our defenders all over the place. There is a huge difference in footballing brain and technical ability.

Its not just down to money.  Wenger has found quality players for cheap.  Its all about looking in the right places.

Spot on. Blinkered supporters who think they love the club more will think otherwise though. The truth hurts sometimes. Liverpool has not been convincing enough for a long time due to the predictable kind of football it plays. When Rafa came I was so excited having watched his Valencia side play football esp after they tore us  apart at Anfield.I have not seen such fluid kind of football exhibited here since he took over from Houlieer ( sp).Most said we should be patient until he has his his own team. I am wondering how long is it going to take.

Agree.  Its huff and puff fottball and thats not acceptable.  No movement, no triangles, no one-two's.  Just predictable, get the ball forward and hope it leads to something.  I have been saying for 2 years the football isnt good enough to win a championship.

You cant argue with the record againt the top teams.  Shocking!!!
puroresu

Postby bigxchris » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:33 am

Not as bad as this atleast :p

Image :p
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:07 pm

redhayesy wrote:
andy_g wrote:i missed the game. i take it we lost. better sack the manager then, eh? that should fix it.

actually, i'm finding that the best way to deal with this is to laugh out loud as much as possible and i have to thank manhattan for his help with that. especially the bit about when his dog died.

:laugh:

elite member my :censored:!!! :eyebrow

meaning what, exactly?  :eyebrow

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 pm

I could sit here and type all sorts of stuff about why we lost, but I'm even more convinced now than I was after the weekend that we are simply not good enough in terms of out and out quality. At professional level throughout the club we do not compare with the best teams in terms of quality. Arsenal were all pace, strength, touch and movement - and that was their kids.

We looked like an OAP team in comparison to them. The fact that the ref put in the very worst display I can ever remember seeing in all my years as a Red is immaterial, really. We need a massive injection of quality - and fast.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm

stmichael wrote:I could sit here and type all sorts of stuff about why we lost, but I'm even more convinced now than I was after the weekend that we are simply not good enough in terms of out and out quality. At professional level throughout the club we do not compare with the best teams in terms of quality. Arsenal were all pace, strength, touch and movement - and that was their kids.

We looked like an OAP team in comparison to them. The fact that the ref put in the very worst display I can ever remember seeing in all my years as a Red is immaterial, really. We need a massive injection of quality - and fast.

How good is Fabregas?  That kid will be one of the all time greats.  His an amazing talent.
puroresu

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:54 pm

I'm still f'ucking shell shocked  :(  .

Our first 11 can give anyone a game but if proof were ever needed last night showed that despite all the changes and additions that have been made to the squad it's obvious that we don't have quality in depth . To be repeatedly carved open by Arsenals reserves was deeply humiliating .
Being knocked out of two domestic cup competitions is painful but the manner in which we were knocked out hurts even more .

Trying to remain positive,we may be down but we're not dead, hopefully the massive sting of the last two defeats will spur us on in the Champions League and also enable us to give more focus to the rest of our Premiership season, with fewer games in our calender Rafa will not have to "rotate" as much as he has. .With any luck the DIC deal will go through , Rafa will clear out the "not good enoughs" and bring in some real quality in time for next season .

YNWA
:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Simari » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:16 pm

One thought put last night's scoreline into perspective.

Arsenal's youngsters could beat a few premiership teams on a regular basis. That is how far ahead Arsenal's youth academy is.

If they had beat a full-strength Liverpool side, I would be a bit worried.

As it stands, I'm not surprised that we let in those goals. This just goes to prove how good the old line of riise/hyppia/carra/finnan + Reina, have been in recent years.

The only comment I would make is that Arsenal's youngsters play a lot of first team football, because Wenger began the rebuilding of this current team with young players last year.

Rafa does not use that approach, and so the kids don't have experience. Look back to some of Arsenal's games last season, and the number of mistakes that the same young players made. The fact that they scraped through to 4th place was a clear indication of that.

I would like to see Rafa use some of the younger players a bit more often. Quite often, we have games in control and sub-in senior players - who might not have the motivation to make the most of those few minutes as a youngster might. (Read drive / determination / motivation to get into the first team).
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Dimshen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:25 pm

while extremely embarressing i agree with simari in that im not THAT worried by our exit from the carling cup. We got beat by a good young team but i dont think it will affect our league form or our champions league form for that matter. What does worry me is the way in which we lose, when we lose, which is invariably against the best sides in england (the very teams we need to beat if we are going to challenge for the premiership) our lack of imagination and quality in these big games highlights our need to buy proper WORLD CLASS players.

alot of these players are out of our reach due to finances and lack of success, and so the vicious cycle continues.

however the calls for rafa's head are simply ridiculous, before the arsenal games there was no criticism for rafa as we were playing well, and this defeat, while embarressing is being blown out of proportion by knee-jerk reactions. in a couple of weeks our league form will continue to be good (i suspect) and these calls will subside.

Sacking rafa is not the solution, with finacial backing the team will improve and we will see some of our superb league runs extended to challenge for real.

We're not newcastle, we're not charlton, we're not :censored: west ham. we dont sack managers left right and centre until we go on a decent run, WE ARE better than that, and so is rafa, when looking back at our success doesnt have to be living in the past, its where out foundation lies and i think rafa has laid good foundations on which we can build and improve.[I]

I think we should hold back our condemnation of rafa until he has had a chance to build his team, and while i accept this cant take too long, we're not there yet
Dimshen

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:33 pm

A.B. wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:we have been shocking all season, Rafa will be gone by the end of the season the way its been going so far....there has been some awful heartless displays this year, this is worse than any houillier display, at least we defended reasonably well under him, this year when we play badly we play awful.......
is it a coincidece that the two liverpool scorers are scousers...they seem to be the only players willing to die for the cause these days.....

Hahah ok. Can't wait to see these comments at the end of the season.

So f#cking predictable lot on here.

well on this seasons displays have i been wrong? ??? we have been shocking, to say that we have taken a backward step would be an understatement....out of all the domestic cups and about 20 points behind utd......wake up and smell the coffee man!

Say that to me again at the end of the season.

yeah i will.....when we have won nothing and scraped a Uefa place maybe? houllier was sacked for less than that....

Keep talking sh1t. Karma is a b!tch and I will hold you to your words.

im talking sh1t? ???
We were just humilitated 6-3 by a team with 6 teenagers in front of the Kop? we are out of both domestic cups. We are how many points behind utd and chelsea??? We havent beaten arsenal chelsea (bar the glorified friendly game called the charity shield) or Utd this year. Our away form is like that of teams in relegation battle? and now our season hinges on a cup tie against the current holders of the Champions League....hardy what Id call a successful season so far....  Stop harping on about May, based on the form we have showed this season if we are still in the Champions League in february it will be a miracle.....so get real.... And trust me I would love to be wrong, but we are not good enough this season and as a supporter of the club I am entitled to be angry at what I saw last night, Im sure we will improve but I dont see it happening this season, the damage is well done at this stage. ....Karma??? what drugs are you taking? ???
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Elchris » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Walk on....:blues:  next stop watford
Elchris

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion