Quarter final and semi final - Draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Feck off u WUM , the fact is there is a pretty high chance that the draw was leaked . Who do u support Btw? Go back to ur forum and stop impersonating to be a fan

So because I don't beleive the draw was a fix, it means I am not a Liverpool fan and I am a impersonator.

Please wake up. The draw was not fixed. It was a lucky guess.

why did bookies stop taking bets??
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:17 am

Why the argument about whether its fixed or not? If there is a resounding hatred for english clubs then all the clubs would get tougher draws. Liverpool could have got barcelona or united, as it is we got arsenal. Arsenal do not have a particularly great history in europe so if it was fixed then surely we would have got a far tougher draw. As ive said in another topic, I think we are facing arsenal at just the right time, they are tiring and have to prioritise between europe and the premiership. There confidence seems to be draining because of recent results. Good, thats suits me fine. Enough of the FIXED arguments and lets concentrate on getting a win at the emirates then finishing them off at anfield.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:25 am

couldnt care less if it was fixed well beat arsenal chelsea and who ever we need to, infact if it was fixed to try give other teams a better chance it will be all the more sweater if we do win
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:19 am

Kharhaz wrote:Why the argument about whether its fixed or not? If there is a resounding hatred for english clubs then all the clubs would get tougher draws. Liverpool could have got barcelona or united, as it is we got arsenal. Arsenal do not have a particularly great history in europe so if it was fixed then surely we would have got a far tougher draw. As ive said in another topic, I think we are facing arsenal at just the right time, they are tiring and have to prioritise between europe and the premiership. There confidence seems to be draining because of recent results. Good, thats suits me fine. Enough of the FIXED arguments and lets concentrate on getting a win at the emirates then finishing them off at anfield.

Simple to prevent an all english final , we play arsenal one of us goes , then we play chelsea who surely will beat fenerbache , we meet in the semi's then another english team will go .

The mancs have roma and barca after that , they might go too so the final will at least have 1 english team vs another english team or a italian/Spanish team
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:56 am

The odds were in favour of two English sides facing each other. That being so there would have been a potential all-English SF whether Chelsea were in our side or the mancs' side. That it was us seems personal simply because it's our team that drew the short straw. The mancs have a reasonable QF and depends which Barca turns up as to how hard their semi is. Playing Arsenal three times in a week is a tough ask, last time we played them twice in a week we went out of two cups.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:25 pm

having just seen the arsenal-chelsea game, it just reaffirms that crouch has to be used in these upcoming games against the arsenal. he destroyed them last season at anfield. drogba destroys them everytime he plays against them. hell even kevin davies gives them problems when he plays against them.

they're not very good at defending high balls into the box and they certainly struggle when teams go direct against them. crouch would be ideal against them imo. i can't believe how badly the guy's being treated at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:47 am

agree with st mike , against top teams we have to revert back to a 4-4-2 as a lone striker would be isolated .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:32 am

I hate this that the lone forward would be isolated. United play one up front with Ronaldo and Giggs on the wings. Chelsea play one up front and have Cole and Wright-Phillips on the wings. Arsenal play one up front with support from midfield...so why is it only us who have to go back to 4-4-2? What we need is not to bottle and :censored: ourselves when playing the best sides in the world.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:57 pm

Never mind the quarters and semis i know im getting a bit ahead of myself but i made enquires today about the final and gettin to Moscow, Its gonna be a nightmare yeh need a visa to get in first and that takes about 2-3 weeks the embassey told me . Also ive been looking at flights well thats a joke ive spoke to a travel agent and they told me its best to fly to Riga in Latvia and go from there nuch cheaper so if anyone is thinking of going get your application in early for you visa . Plus you have to tell them where your stayin .

Absolute nightmare
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:00 pm

:censored: ruskis for ya nanny. told ya everything should stay in L'pool, ya know where ya are then. problem is ya don't know where ya car is :laugh:
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:46 pm

Id defo wanna go though if we got there its gonna be really hard though with the travel arrangements can you imagine if we got there and met Man utd :censored: hell i think a third world war would break out in Russia . could they move it to a different venue if 2 English teams got the final
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 am

maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 pm

brilliant news first choice right back out which means that eboue will move back to right back and rosicky might not make it back in time also .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:26 pm

My mate applied for a visa today for Moscow it cost him 50 pound and he didnt have to put where he was stayin just visiting for 2 days from Latvia. Said he was travellin around Europe backpackin :laugh: just might have to gamble and with my fifty quid
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion