Captain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ken_job » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:31 pm

I'm with 'Red till I Die' on this one. Got a feeling our best centre back pairing once settled will be Matip & Klavan. Also not convinced Hendo will start regularly and the Balotelli example above shows why he wing be captain. I'd like it to be a centre half and I'm hoping Klavan who captains his country will be our main man
ken_job

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:55 pm

ken_job » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:31 pm wrote:I'm with 'Red till I Die' on this one. Got a feeling our best centre back pairing once settled will be Matip & Klavan. Also not convinced Hendo will start regularly and the Balotelli example above shows why he wing be captain. I'd like it to be a centre half and I'm hoping Klavan who captains his country will be our main man

I could see that happening at some point in the future mate but I'd be surprised if Jurgen hands the armband to someone who has only been at the club a matter of weeks (saying that Rodgers made Milner vice captain before he'd kicked a ball in anger for us so it does happen).
I can see the armband getting passed around a bit this season depending who is out on the pitch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:52 pm

If Henderson retains the job as captain, then I can see it being temporary as I'm not even sure he'll be the first name on the team sheet this season.

In fact, I can see Klopp passing it to 2 or 3 players to see who has the gonads to do it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:45 pm

We dont see them day to day but there doesnt appear to be a stand out candidate so by default it falls to the nicest guy who doesnt cause any problems and works hard.

I can see how that might work on some level but if your not a top class player its difficult to keep carrying if off amongst more talented individuals.

Klopps spent a lot more time with the group pre season so its possible one has stood out from the pack or if not Hendo will probably continue.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion