Captain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Nothing against Hendo. The pressure of captaincy is not helping his game. Mentally I don't think he is up to the job. When I listen to him being interviewed and he does absolutely nothing to excite me !!
Last edited by devaney on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Its hard to pinpoint a decent player, Never mind a captain  :(
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:48 pm

redshade » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:05 pm wrote:I doubt the players even notice hendo as captain on the pitch.

Think they see him as the fella who goes up for the toin coss, nods to the officials and shakes hands with the oppo captain, nothing more   :(  fking ball boy could've done all that stuff, and probably been more successful   :kungfu:  )

As others have mentioned, when as "Captain" he allowed "dole dodger " Balotelli to over rule and take the ball away from him to take a penalty said everything about Hendo's ability to lead or show authority, massive fail !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Raoul » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:55 pm

So, who do we give it to if not Hendo? I don't see that player on our books.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Lucas
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 pm

He hid away today, 2 yard passes, no drive, then bottled taken a penalty as club captain.

Im annoyed with him today more than losing the match, hes so far out of his depth though.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:28 pm

I didn't even know he was on the pitch. Lads got no balls.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Let's face it, Henderson has never been good enough to play for us, let alone lead our club.

He is 25yo now and it's very hard for him to improve from this point onwards. A mid-table side is where he belongs.

Would try and sell him, Mignolet, Lallana, Moreno, Allen, Balotelli and try and get us a bit of coin to put into a significantly momentous transfer window coming up.

The difference in having a world class keeper and center midfielder, will make the world of difference.

Under FSG, I wouldn't be surprised if Coutinho is sold instead and we go the other way though.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:44 am

Lucas for CB and captain. He was vocal yesterday during set pieces/corners against us, he took a peno (I know he missed but he stepped up) and he looked like captain material. f*ck hendo right off and promote Lucas.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:12 am

Hendo want last as captain for long. Klopp will want to install his own general on the pitch, whether it will be someone already at the club or someone new to the club.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:28 am

Lucas had a good game, but playing against city suits him if he plays CB because they play everything on the deck and he reads the game well. As soon as clubs start lumping it high like the latter stages on the west ham cup game and against Augsborg at home for the last 20 he really struggles. He's not the long term solution there and he's getting too slow to play in the middle regularly. He won't play enough games next season to justify being captain. If he does play plenty of games next season then unfortunately it will mean we haven't progressed (again).
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:32 am

Lucas played well yesterday, but let's not get carried away.

He's not a 40 game a season defender. He's too reckless with his tackles and would spend a third of the season suspended. He was lucky not to get booked yesterday with a two footed tackle on the edge of the box.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:48 am

JC_81 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:28 am wrote:Lucas had a good game, but playing against city suits him if he plays CB because they play everything on the deck and he reads the game well. As soon as clubs start lumping it high like the latter stages on the west ham cup game and against Augsborg at home for the last 20 he really struggles. He's not the long term solution there and he's getting too slow to play in the middle regularly. He won't play enough games next season to justify being captain. If he does play plenty of games next season then unfortunately it will mean we haven't progressed (again).

I disagree mate, against West Ham i thought Lucas and Ilorri handled Carroll better than our regular CB's and yesterday he was superb once again when up against Aguero, if he can hold his own against those 2 he can play against anyone.
Yes he turned 29 last month so he's not going to be around forever but he's certainly still got another 3 or 4 years in him, especially at CB where you do far, far less running than CM.
He's not the quickest but to be fair you don't need to be when you can read the game as good as him, in fact those players that seem to go on forever tend to be the Lucas types who have relied on good positioning throughout their careers, it's the Gerrard types who have relied on their athletic ability that seem to fade the quickest.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:53 am

Mate I was at the Augsborg game the other night and he sh#t himself every time they put in a high ball. I'm talking about straight balls down the pitch which the CB should win 8-9 times out of 10. He didn't even challenge for some of them, simply couldn't judge the flight of the ball which for me rules him out of being a longterm option at the back.

We aren't Barcelona with 70% possession in games getting away with playing Masherano there. We come under pressure a lot in games and in my opinion he'd be targeted and exposed time and again in this league.

Don't disagree that he had a good game v West Ham (overall) or against City. But long term just not for me.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion