Captain gerrard - How much does he have to do...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:51 pm

JoeTerp wrote:we have a lot of captains in the team. I am not sure how much leading they (should) need.  Mascherano is the Argie captain, Yossi is the Israli captain, Torres was the Atletico captain, Hyypia has been our captain, Carra has been the captain on a number of occasions and is a real vocal leader, Insua was the Argie U20 captain, and even Lucas was the Brazil U20 captain :D

Too many cooks maybe ?   :Oo:
heimdall

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:38 pm

heimdall wrote:I agree that Gerrard is not a great captain, I'm a bit confused why he is captain to be honest, Carra would be a much better choice in my opinion.

I'll suggest that Gerrard is a star player at Liverpool and the captaincy is a carrot to try and make him remain a star player AT Liverpool.................................

Carra probably isn't so bothered, it might be unfair to compare it to the Flintoff situation with England (cricket), but it may be much the same tale.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I wish I could find my previous posts where I've said exactly that : a good captain and leader of men should lead by example (he does, most of the time) and kick seven shades of sh!te out of underachievers. If he did that, we'd be sitting pretty on top of the table.
And when he doesn't play, you need 4 or 5 others doing exactly the same thing
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:14 pm

heimdall wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:we have a lot of captains in the team. I am not sure how much leading they (should) need.  Mascherano is the Argie captain, Yossi is the Israli captain, Torres was the Atletico captain, Hyypia has been our captain, Carra has been the captain on a number of occasions and is a real vocal leader, Insua was the Argie U20 captain, and even Lucas was the Brazil U20 captain :D

Too many cooks maybe ?   :Oo:

We'll never win the league with cooks...
???
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:53 pm

heimdall wrote:I agree that Gerrard is not a great captain, I'm a bit confused why he is captain to be honest, Carra would be a much better choice in my opinion.
As to Gerrard not applauding failure, like fecked up passes or first touches, I can only say well done. I totally understand his frustrations when he lays up a perfect pass only for some talentless waste of space to mess it up. I'm sure if I was in his place I'd be more vocal but vocal in telling the players to get there heads out of their :censored:, actually maybe that is what is needed sometimes, I seem to remember Keane havign a real go at his team mates form time to time.
BTW I hate all this clapping each other and applauding failure which you also see nowadays in tennis, one of the players in a doubles match fecks up an easy shot and the other player gives him a clap on the shoulder whereas he should be giving him a punch in the face :wwww

You say well done for him not applauding someone trying a pass that didnt quite make it?

Great attitude mate.

Everyone needs some positive feedback, even players, and I'm jus saying I don't see Gerrard giving it out
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:
As to Gerrard not applauding failure, like fecked up passes or first touches, I can only say well done. I totally understand his frustrations when he lays up a perfect pass only for some talentless waste of space to mess it up. I'm sure if I was in his place I'd be more vocal but vocal in telling the players to get there heads out of their :censored:, actually maybe that is what is needed sometimes, I seem to remember Keane havign a real go at his team mates form time to time.
BTW I hate all this clapping each other and applauding failure which you also see nowadays in tennis, one of the players in a doubles match fecks up an easy shot and the other player gives him a clap on the shoulder whereas he should be giving him a punch in the face :wwww

You say well done for him not applauding someone trying a pass that didnt quite make it?

Great attitude mate.

Everyone needs some positive feedback, even players, and I'm jus saying I don't see Gerrard giving it out

I completely agree with positive feedback, that is 101 man-management, maybe Rafa should try it some time  :wwww
Just kidding but what I don't like are people applauding when someone makes a mistake, psychologically that just affirms that failure is ok and creates a comfort zone for poor performance.
heimdall

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:35 pm

heimdall wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Great attitude mate.

I completely agree with positive feedback, that is 101 man-management, maybe Rafa should try it some time  :wwww
Just kidding but what I don't like are people applauding when someone makes a mistake, psychologically that just affirms that failure is ok and creates a comfort zone for poor performance.

Well done Heimdall

You mean like that mate ?  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 pm

s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Great attitude mate.

Well done Heimdall

You certainly told him there [email]s@int...[/email]
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:38 pm

s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Great attitude mate.

Well done Heimdall

LOL
heimdall

Postby zarababe » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Get I Gerrrad - he's hard .. do'em yehhhhh
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<