Captain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Is he guaranteed to start though? Saying that is anyone?
Jurgen might be better off picking a captain on a game to game basis
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Lovren would be a great leader imo.. only worry for him is when he loses form he loses confidence and makes terrible errors. I don't want that rubbing off on the team in must win games.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Emre Can? or this new goalie? Karius?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:51 pm wrote:

Is he guaranteed to start though? Saying that is anyone?
Jurgen might be better off picking a captain on a game to game basis

Probably not but he has this grit in him and he is a great example for the young fellow on how put everything on the pitch.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Process of elimination? Start off with Henderson...
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:06 am

If Henderson could recapture the form of a couple of years ago I'd be happy to see him still captain the side. When he first got the captaincy I was chuffed to bits for him.. He had worked his ***** off that year and got the ultimate reward. Obviously injuries last year seemed to really affect his performances and his confidence dropped as he was being left out of a few big games. I don't know, I seem to be defending Henderson all the time.. even at international level I feel I'm having to defend him. I see alot of potential that alot of people don't see in Jordan and I'm just supporting him until he reaches that potential. This year is a massive year for him though, and if he doesn't show up in games he'll be out of the door next year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:27 am

Henderson can't be captain because he has a bad mindset, and has a bad view of how things work. Since he was named captain, Hendo has changed. Before he was captain he was a kid trying to make a name for himself, trying to show what he can do. He was a workhorse, pressing and chasing players all over the pitch, making life very difficult for the opposition. This is what Henderson is best at. In fact, this might be the ONLY thing Henderson is very good at.

Since he was named captain however, he decided that he doesn't have to do that stuff anymore, probably thinking that that's for the younger kids and that his role now is to be Steven Gerrard. He now thinks that he can be a creator, standing in the middle of the pitch and spraying attractive hollywood passes to feed his teammates. He doesn't realize that he's not that player, and he'll never be that player. He's trying to be something he isn't.

Not sure if Lovren is the best choice but Hendo should definitely have the armband taken from him. In fact he should be sold IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:37 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:06 am wrote:If Henderson could recapture the form of a couple of years ago I'd be happy to see him still captain the side. When he first got the captaincy I was chuffed to bits for him.. He had worked his ***** off that year and got the ultimate reward. Obviously injuries last year seemed to really affect his performances and his confidence dropped as he was being left out of a few big games. I don't know, I seem to be defending Henderson all the time.. even at international level I feel I'm having to defend him. I see alot of potential that alot of people don't see in Jordan and I'm just supporting him until he reaches that potential. This year is a massive year for him though, and if he doesn't show up in games he'll be out of the door next year.

Henderson did show a lot of character to bounce back from an indifferent start to his Liverpool career and you're right he did a superb job that year we finished second where he effectively did Gerrard's running for him, in fact Henderson getting sent off against City was one of the pivotal moments of the season and that red card probably cost us the title, that's how important he was to us.
But when Gerrard left so did the creativity in our midfield and when Henderson was asked to do something other than just run around he has struggled badly. To a lot of people he is the epitome of a nearly man, his through balls nearly find a player, his crosses nearly land on someone's head and his shots nearly go in. Those passes, crosses and shots need to start finding their target on a regular basis if he is going to be the midfield general and the driving force behind a successful team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:57 pm

It looks like being Lovren which is an improvement over Henderson.
I don't think we have a decent captain in the side that finished out the season so with any luck one of the new boys show the mettle needed for the job. Klavan might be a candidate because of his age and exp. At 30 I dont think he signed for us to sit on the bench so him and matip could turn out to be the best combo we have.

Mingolet

Clyne                           Matip                         Klavan                    Hector.

Wouldn't mind seeing us line up like that come opening day.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:19 pm

"ycsatbjywtbiastkamb"

Henderson did show a lot of character to bounce back from an indifferent start to his Liverpool career and you're right he did a superb job that year we finished second where he effectively did Gerrard's running for him, in fact Henderson getting sent off against City was one of the pivotal moments of the season and that red card probably cost us the title, that's how important he was to us.

That incident showed why he should never have become captain in the first place. Immature, selfish, childish, kn'obhead behaviour which contributed massively to us not winning the league. In an effort to show how passionate he was, he fu'cked everything up!
Pathetic and needless
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:42 pm

Let us not forget "that penalty" where Balotelli took the ball by force from our captain  :Oo:

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:13 am

That was just a complete joke mate. Ballo made hendo look like a complete joke.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:03 am

C-R » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:42 pm wrote:Let us not forget "that penalty" where Balotelli took the ball by force from our captain  :Oo:

Sturridge's face says it all really...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:25 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:57 pm wrote:It looks like being Lovren which is an improvement over Henderson.
I don't think we have a decent captain in the side that finished out the season so with any luck one of the new boys show the mettle needed for the job. Klavan might be a candidate because of his age and exp. At 30 I dont think he signed for us to sit on the bench so him and matip could turn out to be the best combo we have.

Mingolet

Clyne                           Matip                         Klavan                    Hector.

Wouldn't mind seeing us line up like that come opening day.

At this moment Lovren does look like the safest pair of hands.
Amazing really, when looking at the start of his LFC career.
What difference a day makes...
And a change of manager!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:39 pm

C-R » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:42 am wrote:Let us not forget "that penalty" where Balotelli took the ball by force from our captain  :Oo:

It's unfortunate that people refuse to acknowledge that Ballo taking the pen was the BEST decision. Balotelli was by far the best penalty taker on the pitch that day, so it wasn't Hendo's decision to give him the ball that was bad, but his reaction to it. What Hendo should have done was to take the ball and give it to Ballo himself, that would have been the best call a captain could make.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion