Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:32 pm

For me mate it was the Chelsea and Palace game.

Why not say right 3-0 will do, over to City to see how they cope.

Instead we imploded trying once again to go gung ho for it trying to reduce a goal difference defficit.

No plan B against Chelsea.

I'd love to ask him:

Who's idea was it to give Suarez a new deal in December, only to leave in July ?

Why hasn't the number 1 keeper been addressed never mind our number 2 ?

Why did we only have 1 left back for the previous 18 months before Moreno ?

Why was Agger sold for 3 million, when he was our best CB ?

Glen Johnson ?

£200,000,000 ?
Kopite-Jud

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Kopite-Jud » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:32 pm wrote:For me mate it was the Chelsea and Palace game.
Who's idea was it to give Suarez a new deal in December, only to leave in July ?

Standard procedure to maximise resale value. Transfer negotiations begin by estimated value based on remaining contract length.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:Reg, I certainly was not bum kissing mate. By rule of thumb I always give managers till the start of their third season. Last season my first doubt came at the Villa at home match, my second came against Chelsea. That, for me was a massive mistake, the sale of Suarez was heartbreaking and also in part down to the manager. Anyone who knows how the game works knows that, all this you can't keep an unhappy player talk is rubbish. Rodgers wanted to "be fair to Luis and his family" and gave in to pressure from above to release him. Massive error…

Now after those mistakes I again could have gotten over that had he corrected things in the market. We now have ideal players to build a strong counter attacking side and we had a massive budget. We could have done so much better with the money spent it's scary. Everyone keeps telling me the transfer committee share blame for transfers but that's bollox mate, it's a poor excuse the Happy clappy use and state as a fact. The only fact is the Buck stops with manager. If not he should be strong enough to make it known, so either way it's his fault. Had that been me finishing second I would have been knocking on Mr owners door demanding more control to improve us based on that.

I'm not even going to go into the spending of the biggest transfer budget we ever had being spent the way it was.

Tactically this season too we are all over the shop. You can't play an effective press with the players we have up top, not even going to go into this diamond bollox and playing Sterling out of position.

His stance on Gerrard is also ridiculous. A thirty four year old past it midfield player who plays every minute of every match and is still on stupid money, look at Mourinhos treatment of Cole and lampard, used sparingly and then let go, no messing about like Rodgers has. Fact is Steven was thirty one when our "manager" took over, why wasn't he thinking about replacing them? Especially as his game was pace and power based…

Rodgers has a lot to answer for and he's spent two hundred million already, for me he shouldn't get another penny unless he raises it, his handling of Skrtel, Johnson and Mig no let has also been woeful.

Stu ,The twat  carried out the one act that would force the club to sell him ,and he done it in front of a world wide audience ! We will probably never know the level of collusion between himself and Barcelona that brought about his desired move,but the man made his position at Liverpool untenable ,and he didn't bat an eyelid
at the affect it would have on reds fans. ....Even his new Bessie Gerrard has hinted at such in his interviews ,the whole sorry saga was contrived.   

The owners had made their minds up before the world and his fucking wife heard Chellini squeal .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:16 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:40 pm wrote:
Stu ,The twat  carried out the one act that would force the club to sell him ,and he done it in front of a world wide audience ! We will probably never know the level of collusion between himself and Barcelona that brought about his desired move,but the man made his position at Liverpool untenable ,and he didn't bat an eyelid
at the affect it would have on reds fans. ....Even his new Bessie Gerrard has hinted at such in his interviews ,the whole sorry saga was contrived.   

The owners had made their minds up before the world and his fucking wife heard Chellini squeal .

Again red I disagree, I would explain why, but my Mrs computer is ***** for typing, so many buttons are broke its unreal :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:40 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:Reg, I certainly was not bum kissing mate. By rule of thumb I always give managers till the start of their third season. Last season my first doubt came at the Villa at home match, my second came against Chelsea. That, for me was a massive mistake, the sale of Suarez was heartbreaking and also in part down to the manager. Anyone who knows how the game works knows that, all this you can't keep an unhappy player talk is rubbish. Rodgers wanted to "be fair to Luis and his family" and gave in to pressure from above to release him. Massive error…

Now after those mistakes I again could have gotten over that had he corrected things in the market. We now have ideal players to build a strong counter attacking side and we had a massive budget. We could have done so much better with the money spent it's scary. Everyone keeps telling me the transfer committee share blame for transfers but that's bollox mate, it's a poor excuse the Happy clappy use and state as a fact. The only fact is the Buck stops with manager. If not he should be strong enough to make it known, so either way it's his fault. Had that been me finishing second I would have been knocking on Mr owners door demanding more control to improve us based on that.

I'm not even going to go into the spending of the biggest transfer budget we ever had being spent the way it was.

Tactically this season too we are all over the shop. You can't play an effective press with the players we have up top, not even going to go into this diamond bollox and playing Sterling out of position.

His stance on Gerrard is also ridiculous. A thirty four year old past it midfield player who plays every minute of every match and is still on stupid money, look at Mourinhos treatment of Cole and lampard, used sparingly and then let go, no messing about like Rodgers has. Fact is Steven was thirty one when our "manager" took over, why wasn't he thinking about replacing them? Especially as his game was pace and power based…

Rodgers has a lot to answer for and he's spent two hundred million already, for me he shouldn't get another penny unless he raises it, his handling of Skrtel, Johnson and Mig no let has also been woeful.

This  :nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:10 pm

that side he fielded last night was never going to get anything from that game. i have never witnessed a liverpool manager ever do that before in a game of that magnitude, these are the games you want to be in this competition for. so what if they are better than us and cost a lot of money or the fact that they have world class players.
given the way the game shaped up and especially when he made the subs leads me to believe we actually could have got something from that game. now the pressure is on to win our last 2 and hope its enough.
we have played 4 games now and sit on a poxy 3 points that we didnt deserve so getting out of this group will be nothing short of a miracle
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:36 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:10 pm wrote:that side he fielded last night was never going to get anything from that game. i have never witnessed a liverpool manager ever do that before in a game of that magnitude, these are the games you want to be in this competition for. so what if they are better than us and cost a lot of money or the fact that they have world class players.
given the way the game shaped up and especially when he made the subs leads me to believe we actually could have got something from that game. now the pressure is on to win our last 2 and hope its enough.
we have played 4 games now and sit on a poxy 3 points that we didnt deserve so getting out of this group will be nothing short of a miracle

Who are the players that should have started though? Apart from Sterling and maybe Coutinho the others don't deserve to be nailed on starters ATM. In fact I thought we lost our shape a bit when the subs came on, I thought Brendan took the wrong players off.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Some might see BR as very clever for last nights lineup. I don't agree. It seemed almost a random team selection, almost like the changes were made for the sake of changes, a shuffle of the pack to see what happens. I think the players deserve the pat on the back for stepping into the high pressured fray, not BR.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:36 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:10 pm wrote:that side he fielded last night was never going to get anything from that game. i have never witnessed a liverpool manager ever do that before in a game of that magnitude, these are the games you want to be in this competition for. so what if they are better than us and cost a lot of money or the fact that they have world class players.

Who are the players that should have started though? Apart from Sterling and maybe Coutinho the others don't deserve to be nailed on starters ATM. In fact I thought we lost our shape a bit when the subs came on, I thought Brendan took the wrong players off.

the thing is yakka that that team was only put out to defend and frustrate, thats all they did and never looked like threatening cassilas at all. its easy to keep your shape when it involves 2 lines of players standing in front of your back line.
when we made the changes we actually got up the pitch and held a bit of possession and applied some pressure. that was non existent before the changes.
i wouldnt have started markovic or allen and would have probably played gerrard and coutinho from the off and then brought in sterling around the 60 min mark to keep a bit of pace up front.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:42 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:12 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:36 pm wrote:

the thing is yakka that that team was only put out to defend and frustrate, thats all they did and never looked like threatening cassilas at all. its easy to keep your shape when it involves 2 lines of players standing in front of your back line.
when we made the changes we actually got up the pitch and held a bit of possession and applied some pressure. that was non existent before the changes.
i wouldnt have started markovic or allen and would have probably played gerrard and coutinho from the off and then brought in sterling around the 60 min mark to keep a bit of pace up front.

I wouldn't play Gerrard and Lucas in the same team mate, that's just asking to be over run.
Plus as I said I don't think the likes of Gerrard, Johnson, Lovren, Balotelli and Henderson are playing well enough to be considered nailed on starters. They had a crack at Madrid themselves 2 weeks ago at Anfield and got their @rses handed to them and after that they couldn't beat Hull or Newcastle either.
The majority of the players who played last night also looked quite decent against Swansea in the league cup so I'd play a fair few of them again on Saturday, if a few of the bigger names want their places back they'll have to earn it.
My team for Saturday -

Mingolet

Manquillo        Toure         Skrtel            Moreno

Lucas        Can

Markovic         Coutinho         Lallana

Sterling
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:03 pm

You can say what you like (and some do )about Rodgers ,but he showed real cojones with the team he opted to play last night ,he knew he would be open to the ridiculous
castigation he has received today from the English media,and yet he still showed a hell of a lot of exactly the kind of bravery we have been calling for.

f*ck the media ,f*ck Mr Walkers ,and f*ck Adrian Chiles .....Rodgers has finally showed signs that he has a set of gonads that need to be aired once and
a while.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:11 pm

This is where he'll really earn his stripes tomorrow and we'll find out a lot about him. If the likes of Johnson and Lovren walk straight back in the side after the way Manquillo and Toure played the other night then questions need to be asked.

He also needs to set us up in a similar fashion to the other night imo. If we go out in our normal cavalier style we'll get picked off on the break again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:15 pm

stmichael » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:11 am wrote:This is where he'll really earn his stripes tomorrow and we'll find out a lot about him. If the likes of Johnson and Lovren walk straight back in the side after the way Manquillo and Toure played the other night then questions need to be asked.

He also needs to set us up in a similar fashion to the other night imo. If we go out in our normal cavalier style we'll get picked off on the break again.

YOu have to consider fatigue. Those boys worked their socks off against Madrid, some may not be ready to play to the same intensity 3 and a half days after a european away day.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:50 pm

I think he hinted in the interview that we might play with Toure but not sure instead of who. Doubt we'll see Lucas though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:21 pm

damjan193 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:50 pm wrote:I think he hinted in the interview that we might play with Toure but not sure instead of who. Doubt we'll see Lucas though.

All the midfielders who played the other night (bar Allen) can feel a bit aggrieved if they don't make the starting XI tomorrow. It's not as if our regular starters are ripping up any tree's, they got their @rses handed to them by Madrid at Anfield, failed to beat Hull and then lost to Newcastle, surely they can't keep churning out poor performances like that and still get picked?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion