Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Sat at the game yesterday thinking Balotelli up front on his own as many have said just doesn't work.

Once Lambert and Coutinho came on we looked a different team, Brendan has to play with 2 up front.

Must admit I have said countless times I thought we had a good summer transfer window - I am not so sure now, I think Lallana has shown enough so far and really believe he will be a great player for us.
The others haven't shown enough yet.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:38 pm

Johnny Boy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:53 am wrote:Sat at the game yesterday thinking Balotelli up front on his own as many have said just doesn't work.

Once Lambert and Coutinho came on we looked a different team, Brendan has to play with 2 up front.

Must admit I have said countless times I thought we had a good summer transfer window - I am not so sure now, I think Lallana has shown enough so far and really believe he will be a great player for us.
The others haven't shown enough yet.

It'll take time and I'm reserving judgment on our signings until January. However, we kept a clean sheet yesterday and that's a start...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Red Focus » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:25 am wrote:
Octsky » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:24 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:Just a thought… why on earth didn't we go for Alex Song? He would have improved the midfield and he wouldn't have cost much due to it being a loan, bet we could have got him for about fifteen mil

same reason why we signed diouf instead of anelka.
s.h.1.t happens.
i thou we played well vs hull, the def is good even simon managed to pull up some great saves.
but vs lower oppositions at home, we got to play 2 fwds like as lambs came in yst and we had more attacking intent.

Not only Song but Diame, he was a constant threat to us the whole game and also when he played against us for West Ham last season. I was so relieved when he was taken off.  He was available in the summer and hinted Liverpool to get him but Brendan was never interested.

I don't think we should solely put the blame on Brendan for his summer mediocre signings. Apparently he did enquire about Falcao, Cavanni and definitely Higuan but those guys told us to p#ss off because we're not big enough a club for them. Yes, we're in the CL but a 3rd tier CL side plus unlike Arsenal we haven't shown to the world that we can consistently qualify for the CL. So Brendan had no choice but to sign as usual youngsters with potential. He is also not the sort of manager who will spend 70M on a marquee signing even if the guy wanted to join us.

we can't get players because we are a 3rd tier CL side  :laugh:
its hard to keep up with a lot on here as the goalposts keep getting shifted from one excuse to another.
how can you believe we tried for top players like cavani and falcao and then admit that he isnt the sort of manager to spend that kind of money on a marquee anyway  :laugh:
falcao chose to go to manure despite us claiming we where interested and willing to pay his wage. we have also CL to offer and still lost out, how did that happen ? was it that they had a better season than us or maybe its a degree or 2 warmer in manchester ?.
any decent player we were linked with in the summer was nothing more than a pr excercise to appease the fan's because rodgers thought hard about not doing a tottenham and made sure we just didnt bring in anybody.
its all ok though because we are on track believe it or not, it was a 5 year plan after all so maybe that one deserves to be in the excuse pile as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:33 pm

I've read that last post three times and still am none the wiser as to your position on the matter.

So confused.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:31 pm

:laugh:
bit hungover when posting that and should have highlighted the excuse part in red focus's post i was referring to.
it was a mini rant  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 am

i dont know if he has his own thread, but does anyone know why pascoe was giving the pre and post match interviews ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:15 am

Hopefully because Rodgers is sacked in the morning
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 am

:laugh:
seen he didn't do the pre match one and then seen pascoe also did the post. just thought its not like brendan to pass up an opportunity to pat himself on the back  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:24 am

Not wrong there mate… he can talk about the group, work in progress and philosophy and how the maturity of younger players shone through and any other rubbish he can think of
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:42 pm

After today's abysmal display and defeat to Newcastle, if we lose heavily against Madrid and again against Chelsea next weekend i can seriously see BR's position coming under strong scrutiny, no plan b - well no plan a by the looks of it either

All that money blown on mediocre players that have not improved us

:censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:00 pm

i seriously hope john henry is going to question his investment and wonder why 20 million quid markovich wasnt even in the squad today or the marquee player you bought is sitting on the bench  :angry:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:34 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:42 pm wrote:After today's abysmal display and defeat to Newcastle, if we lose heavily against Madrid and again against Chelsea next weekend i can seriously see BR's position coming under strong scrutiny, no plan b - well no plan a by the looks of it either

All that money blown on mediocre players that have not improved us

:censored:

Actually, I believe the players we have is alright.
More than alright. What is lacking now is the software for the team.
I call it the setup. Liverpool is not setup to win games, instead it is setup to first counter the opponent and then try to win games.
Hence, here is the problem. When you are setup this way your opponents attack you from the first whistle.
We witnessed that happening a few times with supposedly weaker teams. And these team actually won.

Just think about it, look at our current style of play.
It is practically BR telling the players not to venture to far up.
Hence most of the time you only see one or two players in the penalty area during attack.
Nobody wants to run with the ball, cause nobody want to risk losing possession.
Markovic from a player who loves to run with the ball to a "immediately pass the ball away after received" person.
Nobody try anything fancy, cause it will lead to a possibility of losing possession.
Possessions, possessions... instead of trying to penetrate, nobody tries anything if the outcome is not higher than 90% successful.
So no real speed in counter attack, just keep the ball... no hurry. Don't try to score cause you will risk losing possessions..
BR is going nuts with these...
Thinkpad

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Real and Chelsea not exactly the kind of games you want after a result like this but poor performances in those two and the pressure will really on. Again, the key is the performance. If we go into both those and put in two good performances but lose, BR will get cut some slack. However if we play like we did today, it could be a pretty horrific outcome in both those games and then I really do think the suits will get twitchy. We do tend to lift ourselves for the bigger games so am hoping we can put in some good performances.

After those two games, we have some very 'winnable' games on paper against Palace (a), Ludogorets (a) Stoke(h), Leicester (a) and Sunderland (h). Problem is the way we are playing, that run of games looks like a potential quagmire. Hopefully Sturridge will be back to give us a real threat up top in that run of games and help us see it off, but the potential for it to go pear shaped is there. Just feel the pressure is starting to build and spotlight on BR
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Seems to be a massive BR hate campaign sweeping Twitter at the moment, below is not my thoughts but seems pretty hate filled

"Liverpool fans will fly this banner above Anfield next weekend when they take on Chelsea."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm

That would be stupid to be honest

Southampton players bought - Lallana is doing okay Lambert not really given a chance

Swansea players bought - Allen a player which has steadied the midfield recently

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion