Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:25 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:26 pm wrote:Seems to be a massive BR hate campaign sweeping Twitter at the moment, below is not my thoughts but seems pretty hate filled

"Liverpool fans will fly this banner above Anfield next weekend when they take on Chelsea."

There's no way any Liverpool fan or fans would publically embarrass the manager of this club like that, would we like to look through our history books and see pictures of fans holding up signs telling the likes of Phil Taylor or Don Welsh to f**k off? If anyone flies that banner it says more about them than it does about Rodgers.
Personally I think it's probably the work of Manc fans, they seem to like these flying banners and they are probably embaressed about the one they did for Moyes. They probably want to try and make us out to be as sad as them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:34 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:26 pm wrote:Seems to be a massive BR hate campaign sweeping Twitter at the moment, below is not my thoughts but seems pretty hate filled

"Liverpool fans will fly this banner above Anfield next weekend when they take on Chelsea."

I'm sure Rodgers will be positively crest fallen that the herms on Twitterverse have fallen out of love with him  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:44 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:

I'm sure Rodgers will be positively crest fallen that the herms on Twitterverse have fallen out of love with him  :laugh:

Right, I bet a lot of money you wont see that in Anfield itself.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:57 pm

That banner will not be at Anfield. I've got issues with Rodgers but on match day the focus is purely to get behind the team and manager to get a result. That banner is so not us and is small time
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:21 pm

From my experience, it only takes two idiots to embarrass an entire fanbase.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:37 pm

damjan193 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:21 pm wrote:From my experience, it only takes two idiots to embarrass an entire fanbase.

Or an entire fan base to embarass two idiots, as will likely happen
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Not a chance will that banner be at the game, I can't stand him and want him out, but that's low… I would rather ask him to resign face to face
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:48 pm wrote:Not a chance will that banner be at the game, I can't stand him and want him out, but that's low… I would rather ask him to resign face to face

I think you should try it :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:15 am

Stu the Manc.

Bless 'im.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:01 am

That banner has the smell of Mancs all over it, nothing a surface to air missile wouldn't solve.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:26 am

Reg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:15 am wrote:Stu the Manc.

Bless 'im.

Where you not one of those asking for Moyes to stay last year as well…

Who do you actually support? Wanting failing managers to stay at clubs seems to be a hobby of yours
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:27 am

Reg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:15 am wrote:Stu the Manc.

Bless 'im.

Where you not one of those asking for Moyes to stay last year as well…

Wanting failing managers to stay at clubs is fine and dandy providing it's not my club. The reason I want the clown out is because wasting over two hundred million in just over seasons and failing to improve our side is to me completely unacceptable.

Maybe the manc is he who wants him to stay and run the club into the ground…

Just a thought
Last edited by Stu the Red on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:35 am

He should admit he's not up to it and resign, simple as that
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Stu, 4 months ago everyone was kissing his ar$e and we were scoring 4 goals a game because his strategy was said to be very effective. A manager doesn't go bad overnight, so give him time to get the show back on the road, Meanwhile I agree our transfer strategy is incorrect and some of our buys have been questionable, but that's a shared responsibility. Stay cool dude, there's nowt you or I can achieve by getting upset, Eds has a monopoly on that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Reg, I certainly was not bum kissing mate. By rule of thumb I always give managers till the start of their third season. Last season my first doubt came at the Villa at home match, my second came against Chelsea. That, for me was a massive mistake, the sale of Suarez was heartbreaking and also in part down to the manager. Anyone who knows how the game works knows that, all this you can't keep an unhappy player talk is rubbish. Rodgers wanted to "be fair to Luis and his family" and gave in to pressure from above to release him. Massive error…

Now after those mistakes I again could have gotten over that had he corrected things in the market. We now have ideal players to build a strong counter attacking side and we had a massive budget. We could have done so much better with the money spent it's scary. Everyone keeps telling me the transfer committee share blame for transfers but that's bollox mate, it's a poor excuse the Happy clappy use and state as a fact. The only fact is the Buck stops with manager. If not he should be strong enough to make it known, so either way it's his fault. Had that been me finishing second I would have been knocking on Mr owners door demanding more control to improve us based on that.

I'm not even going to go into the spending of the biggest transfer budget we ever had being spent the way it was.

Tactically this season too we are all over the shop. You can't play an effective press with the players we have up top, not even going to go into this diamond bollox and playing Sterling out of position.

His stance on Gerrard is also ridiculous. A thirty four year old past it midfield player who plays every minute of every match and is still on stupid money, look at Mourinhos treatment of Cole and lampard, used sparingly and then let go, no messing about like Rodgers has. Fact is Steven was thirty one when our "manager" took over, why wasn't he thinking about replacing them? Especially as his game was pace and power based…

Rodgers has a lot to answer for and he's spent two hundred million already, for me he shouldn't get another penny unless he raises it, his handling of Skrtel, Johnson and Mig no let has also been woeful.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion