Are we using our " european champions " status ? - In the transfer market ......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:42 am

Is Liverpool fc using the power of being European Champions in the transfer market ?

We haven't had a signing up to now. The  English Yankees are on the verge of signing Park Ji Sung, Newcastle got Scott Parker although they can't promise first team football.

I trust Rafa in the transfer market but it appears to be so long before we making the our first move. It appears that we are almost certain on signing Jose Reina, who in my opinion is fabulous, but nothing has happened yet and Frenchman Sebastien Frey is also available for around 7 millions Euros.

Gabriel Milito will certainly be a great addition. Watched him play a couple of times with Villareal and Argentina and can tell you that he is solid and composed defender.

Bolo Zenden would prove to be great on the left wing. Proven talent in the premiership and would also certainly be playing as Harry Kewell is always injured(ex fan of the aussie).

Dirk Kuyt - Watched him a couple of times. Scores a lot and phenomenal work rate. No comparison to Chelsea' s Kezman. Dirk is a different player. He is always back helping in defence. Hope Mr Parry will get him.

Luis Figo - would be great addition but the determining factors would be the age and 'w'age. Great crosser of the ball.

Andy Johnson - wouldn't really want him at Liverpool ,firstly coz he will cost a lot of money and secondly most of his goals came from the penalty spot.

And now with SWP attending Djbril's wedding, there is more speculation about him joining the Frenchman at Liverpool. We have to be realistic that such players will cost so much of money that we won't be able to buy others. SWP is a great great talent tough.

Peter Crouch - He might be the tallest player but not really a proven goal scorer. Wouldn't want him.

We need some quality and cheap backups as well for our midfield.

I'm sure we will see a totally different fernando morientes in the coming season. I believe he will get us some great assists and some great goals.

I have also noticed that Gerard Houllier is also tracking those we are tracking ? Is he fed up of signing the future " Zidane"(Cheyrou) , or future " Henry "(Le Tallec) and future "Makelele"(Diarra)?

Any views ?
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:56 am

It is a little frustrating that we haven't bought anyone yet.  I don't think there's any doubt that Rafa has got everything in hand though, and you can guarantee that his targets are aware that we CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

:buttrock

(The excitement still hasn't worn off!  My heart goes funny every time I think about it.)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:24 am

We don't need to use the term, simply because we ARE the euro champions. However, i think there is a bit of a stigmata with this term because new players who are linked with us are wanting more cash. And because of the burden that we are Euro champions, other clubs might be obliged to up the ante for their players.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:45 am

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:And now with SWP attending Djbril's wedding, there is more speculation about him joining the Frenchman at Liverpool. We have to be realistic that such players will cost so much of money that we won't be able to buy others. SWP is a great great talent tough.

I suppose I should also expect to see Thierry Henry and Zinedine Zidane in a Liverpool shirt next season as well then :glare:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:52 am

el_stinger wrote:We don't need to use the term, simply because we ARE the euro champions. However, i think there is a bit of a stigmata with this term because new players who are linked with us are wanting more cash. And because of the burden that we are Euro champions, other clubs might be obliged to up the ante for their players.

I think you mean stigma :p I haven't seen too many of our players bleeding from their palms in Jesus fashion, Although Dudek does hate crosses :laugh:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:41 am

Big Niall wrote:
el_stinger wrote:We don't need to use the term, simply because we ARE the euro champions. However, i think there is a bit of a stigmata with this term because new players who are linked with us are wanting more cash. And because of the burden that we are Euro champions, other clubs might be obliged to up the ante for their players.

I think you mean stigma :p I haven't seen too many of our players bleeding from their palms in Jesus fashion, Although Dudek does hate crosses :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Big Niall wrote:

LMAO  :D  yeah that one
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:25 pm

Benitez has trouble.

He wanted to sell Baros. But Baros has still a few years left of his contract, and he wants to stay. We cannot afford to keep 4 top strikers here with only 1 spot to fight for (4-4-1-1 formation) or two (in a standard 4-4-2). Morientes, Baros and Cisse is good enough with Kewell, Pongolle and Garcia as alternatives as well. If Benitez can sell Baros, then there is room for another striker.

He wanted to sell dudek. But the pole wants to stay. Carson is also a good prospect. We cannot afford to have 3 top goalkeepers.

And Benitez has big trouble getting rid of the rest of the deadwood.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Kid a » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:00 pm

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:Gabriel Milito will certainly be a great addition. Watched him play a couple of times with Villareal and Argentina and can tell you that he is solid and composed defender.

You watched him play a couple of times, but don't know the actual club he plays for??  :D

Anyway, I don't know why people are so excited about Reina. I guess you can class him as a "good" keeper, but I don't see him as anything special. I've seen him make quite a few mistakes good keepers rarely make this season, as I have been following most of Villareal's games. Also, I think he has been putting in some bad performances towards the end of the season. He's over-hyped IMO.
Kid a

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:00 pm

Benitez has big trouble getting rid of the rest of the deadwood.

well Vlad and Bican are gone....but as for Baros, i'd gladly have him stay, so long as he is fully aware of his place as a squad player.  personally i reacon Rafa will tell him he has no future here and BAros will leave either this summer of in Jan...i can't see him sitting on the bench for the next 1.5 years
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:07 pm

Look at how late rafa made his signings last year. The season was well underway when we got luis garcia and xabi. hes probly gonna do the same thing this year and leave it late to buy quality players so he wont have much competition for signatures from other clubs as they'll have all their signings made!?!
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:53 pm

They want the money to back up the champions tag.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:40 pm

Sorry KID A. It's Real Zaragoza. Confused with Reina
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wil-kop » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:44 pm

it does get kinda frustrating how we are one of the only 3 teams in the premiership not to have completed a signing yet, but rick parry is only returning from holiday tomorrow and speculation has it that reina will be unveiled as out first signing on monday
"Thats it, game well and truly over, and I hate to say that" - Andy Gray - he always was a gobsh*ite
wil-kop

Postby zarababe » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:53 pm

.. We are the European Champs.. that is our status.. :D  it also means people are gonna hold out for more... but our manager's shrewd..

.. signings will be coming.. give the man a chance for gawd's sake..
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion