ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:30 pm

He needs to be on the bench, but Firmino is still recovering from a back injury. He had a good game but he does some stupid things that annoy me. I wouldn't complain if we sold him and bumped up Teixeria in the pecking order.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Another I was ready to sell but he has Cyruff-turned his form around. He is integral to the pressing.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Yup JK has taken a liking to him and tbh even the fans have now. Really impressed with the lads input.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:08 am

Yes... He seems to have a new lease of life under Klopp. But still his final pass needs working on. Not as refined as Coutinho's or Firmino's.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Well, it's obvious Klopp likes all his running and he does it well and is an irrational little player.
Too bad he has absolutely no end product....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:23 pm

I don't think he has improved too much. Lallana is the type of player that you'll get the best of if you surround him by quality players like Coutinho and Firmino. He's still doing what he normally does only this time it pays off.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:31 pm

He is doing much better under klopp anyway. Still don't think he is a great player but credit to him for putting in a shift. Thought he also had probably his best game for us as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:08 am

I think he's improved dramatically in the last few games. His work rate has improved and he's become more active and involved as a result. He has decent technique and he keeps things ticking for us higher up the pitch. Should probably add a few more goals to his game but I wouldn't mind if he just kept doing what hes doing now.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:41 am

aCe' » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:08 am wrote:I think he's improved dramatically in the last few games. His work rate has improved and he's become more active and involved as a result. He has decent technique and he keeps things ticking for us higher up the pitch. Should probably add a few more goals to his game but I wouldn't mind if he just kept doing what hes doing now.

It must be said that until recently he's not performed to expectations. I've always rated the guy and I certainly anticipated more from him but I must admit I've sometimes been puzzled by some of the criticism levelled at him as despite his less that stella performances it's obvious (to me at least) that there's quality there.

He's already started six of the eight games we've played under Klopp and came on as a sub in the others (albeit only for a couple of minutes in one of them)

Klopps' arrival seems to have breathed a spark into Lallana and his ability married to his willingness to run his socks off for the new manager and the team has imo (as recent stats suggest) turned him into one of the first names on the team sheet for Kloppo.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:10 am

Must be said we are missing bad with this lad. I can't place my finger what we are doing wrong but this lad is totally not utilized correctly.
He has speed ,stamina and lots of energy ,he has superb ball control and dribble skills but game after game it ends with no end product.
He should have loads of goals and assists under his name but yet all you remember is his endless running.

Is he playing the right position? Is he personally failing? Don't get it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:53 am

only me » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:10 am wrote:Must be said we are missing bad with this lad. I can't place my finger what we are doing wrong but this lad is totally not utilized correctly.
He has speed ,stamina and lots of energy ,he has superb ball control and dribble skills but game after game it ends with no end product.
He should have loads of goals and assists under his name but yet all you remember is his endless running.

For me, he's been our best attacking player in most games this season. Doesnt give the ball away cheaply more often than not, maintains possession higher up the pitch, links up play with other attacking players, brings the fullback into play in dangerous positions, etc. All things I would struggle to say about any of our other attacking players. Him and Clyne (who has also impressed me) defend extremely well down that right flank when they play together but I agree that more needs to come from them in terms of assists. I feel Lallana's role in the side is similar to Willian's at Chelsea; work hard, facilitate, and stick to your role more often than not. Players like Coutinho and Firmino are given more freedom than Lallana and rightly so because they supposedly have more talent and are considered game changers, Lallana isnt. Happy with his contribution but should offer more when in a position to play the final ball/take shot.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:11 pm

aCe' » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:53 am wrote:
only me » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:10 am wrote:Must be said we are missing bad with this lad. I can't place my finger what we are doing wrong but this lad is totally not utilized correctly.

For me, he's been our best attacking player in most games this season. Doesnt give the ball away cheaply more often than not, maintains possession higher up the pitch, links up play with other attacking players, brings the fullback into play in dangerous positions, etc. All things I would struggle to say about any of our other attacking players. Him and Clyne (who has also impressed me) defend extremely well down that right flank when they play together but I agree that more needs to come from them in terms of assists. I feel Lallana's role in the side is similar to Willian's at Chelsea; work hard, facilitate, and stick to your role more often than not. Players like Coutinho and Firmino are given more freedom than Lallana and rightly so because they supposedly have more talent and are considered game changers, Lallana isnt. Happy with his contribution but should offer more when in a position to play the final ball/take shot.

Usually agree with most things you say but have to strongly disagree with you on Lallana AKA the king of doing absolutely nothing. He plays in an area of the pitch were he is supposed to bring us goals and assists which he barely ever does, yes he works hard but so flipping what, anyone can do that, his contribution in most games usually consists of a few neat flicks and tricks and a lot of running around which is not what he is there for, he seriously needs to pull his finger out if he is to have a future at this club, he needs to start scoring and creating goals asap or he's gone its as simple as that, he hasn't shown anything to suggest hes a £25 million pound player, at that price he should be one of the stars of the team not just another average Joe Premiership. He clearly has talent but is content to be on the fringes of most games where at Southampton he was the main man and wanted the ball all the time, he needs to work harder to get himself into games and being a threat to the opposition.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:27 pm

Can't believe we shelled out so much for him. Utter waste of space
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Bone idle fanny, get rid for crying out loud.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm

If I can take my Mod hat off for just a minute in order to abuse some of you dolts (medieval term for "thick as Sh*t " )

Can the donkeys' that can't see Lallanas quality just shut the f*ck up and get an eye test !

He may not be considered by some in here as "Top Shelf" but when you look at our squad, in terms of ability, determination and application there's not that many that surpass him.

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion