CHARLIE ADAM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Octsky » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 am

lucas is out for 3 mths, spearing is near gone.

now we have gerrard, allen, hendo, sahin, adam and shelvy.
i dont expect our cap to play all games and i dont expect shelvy to be consistent enough to be in the starting lineup for ever game.
that leave us with allen, hendo and adam with good prem experience.
selling adam for 4m to stoke is a poor poor move, adam is not as bad as people say he is and taking a loss of 5m, more than 50%, for a player less a year is poor poor news.
people will say that we have sahin, but expecting sahin to hit the ground running immediately is way way too optimistic. i vaguely remember aqualini as the "prince" of italian football and roma before arriving at anfield.
dont expect much from sahin and you wont be too disappointed and maybe will have a pleasant surprise.
sahin with his injury record at RM, do we want to lose adam as a cover at a big loss?

we take a 5m loss on adam and a 5m (loan fee) loss on sahin at the end of season when he return to RM, we are out 10m and 2 players. this doesnt make much business sense to me.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:56 am

Adam is slow and not the style of player BR wants - quick thinking/passing/opening gaps. BR seems to have a very clear idea of what he wants and who he wants so why keep a player who doesn't fit the bill just becuase Kenny bought him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 am

Octsky » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 am wrote:lucas is out for 3 mths, spearing is near gone.

i dont expect our cap to play all games and i dont expect shelvy to be consistent enough to be in the starting lineup for ever game.
selling adam for 4m to stoke is a poor poor move, adam is not as bad as people say he is and taking a loss of 5m, more than 50%, for a player less a year is poor poor news.
people will say that we have sahin, but expecting sahin to hit the ground running immediately is way way too optimistic. i vaguely remember aqualini as the "prince" of italian football and roma before arriving at anfield.
dont expect much from sahin and you wont be too disappointed and maybe will have a pleasant surprise.
sahin with his injury record at RM, do we want to lose adam as a cover at a big loss?

we take a 5m loss on adam and a 5m (loan fee) loss on sahin at the end of season when he return to RM, we are out 10m and 2 players. this doesnt make much business sense to me.

I would be quite happy to give Adam away for free he is that inept. He lived on a couple of free kicks at a relegated club. He was never good enough for us and he never will be. Doubting Sahin and praising Adam doesnt say much for your judgement of players.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 am

I was really looking forward to the signing of Adam last season but he has shown he is fat slow and really not a liverpool player.

Under rodgers where we need a quick tempo Adam stands no chance. Hopefully we can recoup as much as we can from him when he is sold.

Gerrard Henderson Sahin Shelvey Allen and lucas back in 3 months is enough

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Octsky » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 am wrote:lucas is out for 3 mths, spearing is near gone.

We bought Adam for 6.75m Selling him at 5 is OK.
Sahin 5m loan fee is bullsh*t - I still call it as rumours posted by Arsenal fans.

If we get Dempsey in, Adam out, then Dempsey can serve both as midfielder and striker, consolidating our midfield to 3 starters, 3 replacements with Lucas coming back and 4 strikers. Makes a lot of sense to me!
kartiek

Postby Penguins » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:00 pm

burjennio » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm wrote:BBC says they've offered £5m. Will he be the first of the Comolli catastrophes to exit the Shankly gates?

This again. Are we going to protect Kenny no matter what he did his last stint?
Adam if any was a clear cut Kenny signing as he was so keen to sign him. I call a spade a spade even if
most want to put their head in the sand.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Calum » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:41 pm

eds » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:47 am wrote:
Calum » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 am wrote:We should keep hold of Adam, even if he'll only be a squad player. We seem to be selling more than buying, making the squad gradually smaller. I fear we won't have enough strength in depth unless another 2 or 3 players come in. What's happening with Dempsey?

[takes a deep breath and......] Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Sahin, Shelvey, Henderson, Adam, Cole and Spearing

What part of that don't you understand sunshine?

:no

Okay, I'll take an even deeper breath... Lucas is injured, Spearing and Adam look as if they're on their way, question marks over Cole, Henderson, and Sahin. So with what's left, do you really think that's a strong enough midfield? Any part of that YOU don't understand? Cheeky c**t.  :devil:
Calum

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:43 pm

With Adam and Spearing going we still have plenty options left plus kids in the ressies
Benny The Noon

Postby celtic-red! » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Penguins » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:00 pm wrote:
burjennio » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm wrote:BBC says they've offered £5m. Will he be the first of the Comolli catastrophes to exit the Shankly gates?

This again. Are we going to protect Kenny no matter what he did his last stint?
Adam if any was a clear cut Kenny signing as he was so keen to sign him. I call a spade a spade even if
most want to put their head in the sand.

Yeah this idea that KD didnt want him is laughable!

Kenny made some bad signings.  Its not a crime to admit that.

I think Kenny would be embarrassed with the view that he never signed players that didnt perform.

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 am wrote:
Octsky » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 am wrote:lucas is out for 3 mths, spearing is near gone.

I would be quite happy to give Adam away for free he is that inept. He lived on a couple of free kicks at a relegated club. He was never good enough for us and he never will be. Doubting Sahin and praising Adam doesnt say much for your judgement of players.

Although Adam isnt good enough your being a bit unfair regarding his stint @ blackpool.  For two years he run the whole damn show and didnt just hit a few good freekicks!

His general all round play was very good for Blackpool.  He was a top player for them.
celtic-red!
LFC Basic Member

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Adam will be a good player for Stoke and 5 million is a decent price for us. We’ll make less than a 2 million loss. He is a decent footballer who will always create chances but he has far too many weaknesses to play for a top 6 club.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sniffy98 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Adam does have certain qualities but bottom line is he will never be good enough for a top 4 side. He just takes too long on the ball. We need quicker players for our new style of play. Sahin fits perfectly. Adam doesn't.
sniffy98

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Doesn't seem likely he will be leaving seeing that he's at Anfield for the game, unless the transfer can be concluded quickly.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby celtic-red! » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 pm wrote:Doesn't seem likely he will be leaving seeing that he's at Anfield for the game, unless the transfer can be concluded quickly.

plenty of time.  still got all of friday!
celtic-red!
LFC Basic Member

Postby Raoul » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Octsky » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 am wrote:ucas is out for 3 mths, spearing is near gone.

we take a 5m loss on adam and a 5m (loan fee) loss on sahin at the end of season when he return to RM, we are out 10m and 2 players. this doesnt make much busines

To be honest I'd rather see a player like Suso get game time than someone like Adam. I see what you are saying about experienced players, but I'm not too worried. I'd like another DM, but we've got bigger problems elsewhere to fix and 4 or 5 mill for Adam will help. Moving him on is a good move IMHO.
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 am

Charlie Adam is at Stoke for a Medical according to the SSN Transfer Day extravaganza.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion