ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:55 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:06 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:58 pm wrote:I think this system definately suits him, it allows both him and Coutinho the freedom to operate in that pocket of space between the opposition midfield and defence where it's often hard for teams to pick players up. The fact we have 2 'playmakers' operating in that area really gives DM's a headache.
If Brendan is brave enough to move or drop Hendo when Sturridge comes back and put Raheem out wide we really could have a potent looking attack on our hands.

Agreed mate ,if we had an intelligent striker we would have dwarfed Arsenal in terms of the score ,I think his link up play with Markovic and Coutinho is starting to
become a real exciting part of our game ,as all three have superb technical ability. I think Rodgers has it all in his own hands now fella ,he just needs to bury his
ego and put Mignolet back between our sticks ,and tell Gerrard to keep the play simple. I would personally love to see Can integrated into a team that could well evolve
into  quite a formidable attacking unit.

One of the other pluses about this system mate is that we essentially flood the midfield so the likes of Gerrard and Lucas aren't as exposed athletically as they would be in say a 4-4-2.
Re your suggestions for tweaking the system apart from the keeper one change that I would love to see is Ilorri integrated into our back 3, I think he'd be perfect for this system with his height, pace and especially his ability on the ball. Could be exciting times ahead.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:47 pm

I really hope Adam gets the captaincy in the summer, he has been excellent since he has been here, he was captain at Southampton, he gives everything, he is english and young enough to be captain for the next 6+ years

All remains to be seen though, any new manager in the summer may have different idea's
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:44 pm

It's a good shout CR...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Out for a month :(
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:27 pm

GUTTING after his great performances recently

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:36 pm

From Liverpool Echo

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana has been ruled out of action for a month due to a thigh injury.

The £23m signing has recently come into fine form for the Reds and has steadily improved since returning to the side at the start of December, demonstrating the form he showed at St Mary's.

The 26-year-old has shone as part of the attacking midfield in Brendan Rodgers' new 3-4-2-1 formation, including a very impressive performance to help the Reds beat Swansea 4-1 on December 29.

The England international scored two goals against the Welsh side, and has three in his last seven games.

But the former Southampton star was forced off after 55 minutes of the New Year's Day draw with Leicester and is now set to miss a busy month of action for the Reds.

The injury will see him miss Monday's FA Cup clash with AFC Wimbledon, as well as the two-legged Capital One Cup tie against Chelsea, plus league games with Aston Villa, Sunderland and West Ham.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Horrible news, he (and we) can't get a break from these injuries and he's been one of our best players this season. Bad timing this injury as well, considering his current form and how important this period will be.

Since when has Lallana become this injury prone anyway? He was similar to Henderson in previous seasons, rarely got injured or even tired.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby shakey » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Great that's all we need!!  :veryangry just as the lad was starting to show the form we bought him for!
shakey

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Not even sure we have a natural replacement at the club, maybe Markovic?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:09 am

Pity, I like Lallana...he reminds me of McManaman with his flair and classy touches of the ball.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby WelchErag » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:18 am

Major thankies for the article. Much obliged.
WelchErag
LFC Basic Member

Postby Homebooby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:51 am

Interesting shout CR re:captaincy.....I hadn't consider him as a candidate to be honest, but share the general feeling that Henderson really isn't the man for the job, although you never know how someone grows into a gap that is left open permanently, he could surprise us. I just think he isn't a game changer/winner in the way that stevie displayed yet again last night. Do you think that Adam is?
Homebooby

Postby C-R » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:56 am

Homebooby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:51 am wrote:Interesting shout CR re:captaincy.....I hadn't consider him as a candidate to be honest, but share the general feeling that Henderson really isn't the man for the job, although you never know how someone grows into a gap that is left open permanently, he could surprise us. I just think he isn't a game changer/winner in the way that stevie displayed yet again last night. Do you think that Adam is?

I don't think Adam is a game changer in the way SG is, sadly i don't believe there is anyone in the senior squad that is :(

I think there is potential in some of the local young talent in the squad, Rossiter in particular, but that is a long way off

I just feel that Adam is the best of the current crop to take the role on, Agger would have been ideal but that ship has sailed

I feel we need to spend really big and get the right leader in, Ross Barkley would be a shout, but clubs with more financial clout would see that we dont get him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:21 pm

WelchErag » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:18 am wrote:Major thankies for the article. Much obliged.

Not as thankful as we are for your insightful posts  :bowdown all 4 of them  :nod
Would you like to be the captain ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:40 pm

:bump

We have been totally conned by whoever decided to bring him here. He has been poor for most of the season but somehow seems to escape criticism.

He was never the best of tackler anyway but today it became clear that he doesn't know how to. Once we come up against a team who will get stuck in he disappears and having to look at him trotting back after a man did my nut in today. Its like he is actually afraid to catch up with a man in case he's expected to put a foot in.

Charlie "Big fish" Adam mach 2 IMO and a massive waste of money for a show pony  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion