ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:42 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 pm wrote:I'm worried about Lallana. He cost us a LOT of money and hasn't clicked at all. He is easily pushed off the ball and end product is lacking on all fronts. Hope he'll prove me wrong, but I can see him returning to Southampton next summer for half the fee we paid.  :(

I'm quite disappointed. At Southampton, he's always involved and his intensity is there. At LFC he's turning out to be a lightweight and sometimes seem like he doesn't know what he's doing. It's not for lack of trying though, unlike Balotelli.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:36 pm

maguskwt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:42 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 pm wrote:I'm worried about Lallana. He cost us a LOT of money and hasn't clicked at all. He is easily pushed off the ball and end product is lacking on all fronts. Hope he'll prove me wrong, but I can see him returning to Southampton next summer for half the fee we paid.  :(

I'm quite disappointed. At Southampton, he's always involved and his intensity is there. At LFC he's turning out to be a lightweight and sometimes seem like he doesn't know what he's doing. It's not for lack of trying though, unlike Balotelli.

That's the one thing I will say about him, no matter how he is playing generally he will always roll his sleeves up and put a shift in for the team which is not always a given with flair players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Got the odd goal but a complete passenger in most games.

If hes not doing damage in attacking areas then hes a liability as there isnt a single tackle in his locker, drifts about aimlessley.

Clearly a Rodgers favourite but needs to improve massively to win the fans over and justify the fee.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:51 pm

He is a llama and won't be missed imo. He picks up far too many injuries for a player who doesn't tackle. Most of his injuries come from avoiding tackles or falling over from the thought of a touch.
Yeah sure he run's after the ball but that alone isn't good enough. The only other thing he is prominent at is spitting on camera and giving ridiculous interviews  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 pm

killerp » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:57 am wrote:I'll put my neck out there and say this is another flop in the making. Do we really need a slight improvement on Allen for what we paying for this guy.

You called it right my friend. Lallana is bang average and I've seen nothing to justify half of his fee, let alone the full 25 million.

Can someone please tell me what he is actually good at? He can't score, struggles to pass and isn't particularly quick or good at tackling. Am I missing something?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Not missing anything mate. He is just nothing special and Firmino looks to be another highly priced player that gives cause for concern.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:32 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:20 pm wrote:Not missing anything mate. He is just nothing special and Firmino looks to be another highly priced player that gives cause for concern.

Can't argue with you there although I'm hoping it's more a case of adapting to the league than not being up to the task.

Lallana, Allen and Milner however have no excuses and I'd be looking to move the first two one ASAP.

I'm also thinking we could do a lot better than Moreno too, who looks hapless half the time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:38 pm

Lallana clearly has talent but just wonder whether he was better suited to being a big fish in a small pond at Southampton. Don't know if he has the ability to step up. I know injuries haven't helped but overall a bit short changed by his pedormances
Doeboy

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Lallana is better off on the bench as a squad rotation guy, but he won't accept that as a role. Never got excited about his signing, and his fee will never ever be justified. I would take half of it to move him on.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:30 am

Good player but not a game changer. If we had a better side he wouldnt feature as much and if Sturridge and Benteke get fit and start playing regularly he'll probably be behind Coutinho and Firmino in the pecking order.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:52 pm

I am not lallana's biggest fan. I have been one of his biggest critique....

But he seems to moved up a level under Klopp. Given more time....he should finally produce the goods for us.

Lallana's biggest problem was that he was managed by the f**king fraud for 1 season and like the rest of the team, he is playing within themselves. No confidence. No intensity..... and basically no b@lls......

Klopp is gonna make our players more aggressive...... and lallana I predict will be in beast mode.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:11 pm

This lad will go through his entire contract here and never improve  :no He just doesn't have in in him to be the player we need. He is far too soft and getting softer due to bathing in vats of free Nivea  :nod

My money is him being one of the two coming out next summer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:59 am

He was never going to improve. He is at the age where improving ceases and you get the peak of the career. We didn't buy him to improve, we brought him to be the end product.

But he isn't capable of it, not for a team with big aspirations.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Another useless display. No end product and can't tackle to save his life.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Hope I'm wrong but think he is better suited to being a big fish in a small pond. I know he has been unlucky with injuries and has shown glimpses of quality but not sure he is someone I would want to be relying on week in week out
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion