Adam Morgan official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm

There seems to be a lot of media interest over young Adam , I'm just wondering whether the expectation that's being heaped on the kids shoulders could be
seen as an unwanted burden ? "The next Robbie Fowler " ,only the most naturally gifted goal scorer the club has ever had .....no pressure there then  ???

I mean the lad seems grounded enough ,and the passion he showed when he scored in pre-season resurrected memories of the pride that wearing the red shirt
used to hold .... I was personally delighted that a local lad who has gone from playing  for St Francis Xavier at schoolboy level ,is now playing for the reds .

I have no doubt Adam will be a brilliant striker ,whether he goes on and emulates  Robbie Fowler will be a tall order. 

Discuss ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:24 pm

I must admit he hasn't massively caught my attention but if we can create and develop a good alternative strike option I'm all for it. Maybe the League Cup could be a good opportunity for him this year.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm sorry but who the f is he? :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:55 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:32 pm wrote:I'm sorry but who the f is he? :p

Just a talented striker, and someone we feel like banging the drum over ...proper poacher and born and bred Scouser .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Errrrrmmmm, haven't seen too much of him in the Ressies, tbh....but he could hardly miss the goal he scored against Toronto FC could he ?
If he'd left it alone, I reckon Sterlings' shot would have gone in.
Jury is out, for the moment....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:10 pm

He certainly is a natural goal scorer but the rest of his game needs to come a long way if he is going to make it with us or even in the premier league. The reserves looked quite poor when he was asked to be the main man upfront and we ended up relying on the awkward physical presence of Ngoo while Morgan warmed the bench.

He needs to learn how and when to drop deep and wide and then bring others into play. If he doesn’t I can’t see him succeeding in a 4-3-3 with a fluid front 3. It’s difficult to assess his ceiling but what will determine whether he succeed here or not is whether he actually acknowledge that his game is some way off and then whether he has the intelligence to develop.

The problem with playing in the reserves is that when things are not going well while trying to play possession football on the deck they revert to launching the ball down the wing or towards the front man and it just doesn’t help Morgan or the development of players for the first team. I’d like to see him train with the first team next year and maybe get a few games in the league cup and Europa League. Think he would actually play better in the first team than the reserves.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:29 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:00 pm wrote:Errrrrmmmm, haven't seen too much of him in the Ressies, tbh....but he could hardly miss the goal he scored against Toronto FC could he ?

I think you have answered your own query there mate ,I mean how many times last season did Liverpool throw balls straight across the goal that only
needed a toe poke for a goal ? Well Adam Morgan is a poacher who closes in on those crosses and passes ,and that's why Rodgers praised the lad for
his pressing of the ball and his awareness and positioning in the box.

Rodgers quote for LFC TV

“He’s a really, really good kid. He’s come in, he’s taken everything on board that I’ve talked about,” Rodgers told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s technically good, he’s got a natural eye for a goal – if he doesn’t arrive at that moment, the goal doesn’t go in because the defender
would have got to the line to defend it.“He’s got that natural instinct to score but I was also pleased with the cleverness in his pressing.

He pressed the ball really well. That forced them into some mistakes.“It was a great moment for him. His father flew in this morning from
Liverpool, so to get here and to see the goal would have been a special moment.”
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Eagle » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:10 pm wrote:He certainly is a natural goal scorer but the rest of his game needs to come a long way if he is going to make it with us or even in the premier league. The reserves looked quite poor when he was asked to be the main man upfront and we ended up relying on the awkward physical presence of Ngoo while Morgan warmed the bench.

He needs to learn how and when to drop deep and wide and then bring others into play. If he doesn’t I can’t see him succeeding in a 4-3-3 with a fluid front 3. It’s difficult to assess his ceiling but what will determine whether he succeed here or not is whether he actually acknowledge that his game is some way off and then whether he has the intelligence to develop.

The problem with playing in the reserves is that when things are not going well while trying to play possession football on the deck they revert to launching the ball down the wing or towards the front man and it just doesn’t help Morgan or the development of players for the first team. I’d like to see him train with the first team next year and maybe get a few games in the league cup and Europa League. Think he would actually play better in the first team than the reserves.

From what i have heard he lost his place in the team as he got into a bit of a disciplianry scrape and needed bringing down a peg or two.

The lad certainly knows where the net is and if he shows the right attitude he has a chance to make a decent career.
Whether it be at the highest level remains to be seen, its hard for players to get opportunities these days, if he gets one and knocks in a couple of goals (which he is well capable of) then you never know he could end up doing well at LFC.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:40 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:29 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:00 pm wrote:Errrrrmmmm, haven't seen too much of him in the Ressies, tbh....but he could hardly miss the goal he scored against Toronto FC could he ?

I think you have answered your own query there mate ,I mean how many times last season did Liverpool throw balls straight across the goal that only
needed a toe poke for a goal ? Well Adam Morgan is a poacher who closes in on those crosses and passes ,and that's why Rodgers praised the lad for
his pressing of the ball and his awareness and positioning in the box.

Rodgers quote for LFC TV

“He’s a really, really good kid. He’s come in, he’s taken everything on board that I’ve talked about,” Rodgers told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s technically good, he’s got a natural eye for a goal – if he doesn’t arrive at that moment, the goal doesn’t go in because the defender
would have got to the line to defend it.“He’s got that natural instinct to score but I was also pleased with the cleverness in his pressing.

He pressed the ball really well. That forced them into some mistakes.“It was a great moment for him. His father flew in this morning from
Liverpool, so to get here and to see the goal would have been a special moment.”

Eh, right, Ted.
Based on 45 minutes of a pre-season friendly.
I see your logic....NOT!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Seen him a few times for the reserves, is a good finisher in the box, will come deep also and hold up the ball & lay if off.
However, it's inside the area where his strengths are.

Definitely a good prospect, not sure if he is good enough yet, have a feeling he may be similar to Spearing.
Local lad who everyone wants to do well but just doesn't quite make the grade, a season on loan might do him some good.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm really pulling for the lad.  I'd love to see another scouser grow into the team.  he's not there yet, but he's not far off either.  Diamond in the rough sort of player.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:18 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:40 am wrote:Eh, right, Ted.
Based on 45 minutes of a pre-season friendly.
I see your logic....NOT!

Oh right ,and the fucking Ted was thrown in for what exactly ?

Only I have seen Morgan on numerous occasions,and I usually go with my lad to watch the reserves ,when the first team aren't playing so its not an estimated guess when I say he will be a really good striker, and I can see him really making the grade at Liverpool ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:59 pm

From what I watched of Morgan in the reserves last year I seriously doubt he's good enough to make the grade at Liverpool.

He's a good finisher but too often is on the periphery of games and his link up play is poor.  If he doesn't stand out at that level (which he doesn't, we have better players in the reserves) it's unlikely he'll make it as a Premiership player.  I'd be delighted if I was wrong though.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:18 pm

john craig » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm wrote:From what I watched of Morgan in the reserves last year I seriously doubt he's good enough to make the grade at Liverpool.

He's a good finisher but too often is on the periphery of games and his link up play is poor.  If he doesn't stand out at that level (which he doesn't, we have better players in the reserves) it's unlikely he'll make it as a Premiership player.  I'd be delighted if I was wrong though.

it`s certainly a big step up from the reserves to the first team mate, that craig lingfield scored the goals that won us 2 F.A youth cup titles on the bounce but couldnt make it into the first team squad, christian nemeth was another one we had high hopes for who fell by the wayside and ecclestone was yet another who looked the real deal when he led the line for england but is struggling to make an impact.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:34 pm

john craig » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm wrote:From what I watched of Morgan in the reserves last year I seriously doubt he's good enough to make the grade at Liverpool.

I agree with what you say about him flitting in and out of games ,but when the lad is on song he is involved in everything ,I mean lets face it the kid
is a real goal poacher and his ability to be prolific is there for all to see .... I think this season may be too soon ,but he loves the club with a real
passion and this reflects in the boys football ,and I think that alone will provide more than a few chances to impress Rodgers .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion