ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Breaking: Adam Lallana out of England squad with groin strain
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:43 am

I think its an overkill to play coutinho and lallana in the same team (unless injuries & suspensions dictate that). Both of them seem to operate in the same area. They are not particularly potent infront of goal (they might hit a worldie once in a while).

The best situation is to start with one of them and bring the other on in the 2nd half.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:22 pm

The_Rock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:43 am wrote:I think its an overkill to play coutinho and lallana in the same team (unless injuries & suspensions dictate that). Both of them seem to operate in the same area. They are not particularly potent infront of goal (they might hit a worldie once in a while).

The best situation is to start with one of them and bring the other on in the 2nd half.

I couldn't disagree more, having 2 AM's has been a huge positive for us plus it wouldn't take long for Coutinho to get p1$$ed off if he was getting dragged off at half time every game.
What I would say though is maybe it's time to give someone other than Lallana a run out next to Coutinho, Adam has a lot of fancy turns and good close control but he doesn't actually create that much, he's very one paced as well, in a way he looks better than he actually is (all style and no substance if you like).
I'd like to see Markovic given an extended run in the team as our second AM, he can spot a pass, has a decent shot plus if Coutinho decides to put him through instead of Danny he has that burst of acceleration to get away from defenders. He could be a good foil for Coutinho.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:07 pm

I think Lallana definetely needs to be dropped for a couple of games, he is having a real lack of end product recently, also Sterling is wasted playing as a wing back and should be closer to the goal where hes more useful to us. Hopefully Ibe will be back soon so he can return to the right wing back position as im not in favour of Markovic playing as his performances are generally poor and ineffective.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 25, 2015 1:13 am

:bump
Has to be said that it was an extremely poor season from him. Looks a massive waste of money. He can argue all he wants about injuries but he picks up most of them from falling over at the slightest touch. He got brushed off the ball twice in that second half alone.
He was a good player for Southampton but looking like another Charlie Adam at Liverpool. He really needs to step it up next year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 am

Ok player. Should be at West Brom. Obviously Rodgers the clown thinks he is worth 25m but he's a fool.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Big Niall » Fri May 29, 2015 10:43 am wrote:Ok player. Should be at West Brom. Obviously Rodgers the clown thinks he is worth 25m but he's a fool.

Poor comment ,Adam is an excellent player highly technical hard worker with a load of potential. This season got the lost in the overall tactical chaos BR brought to the club in addition to injuries. He can grow to be a leader in this team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:36 am

only me » Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 pm wrote:
Big Niall » Fri May 29, 2015 10:43 am wrote:Ok player. Should be at West Brom. Obviously Rodgers the clown thinks he is worth 25m but he's a fool.

Poor comment ,Adam is an excellent player highly technical hard worker with a load of potential. This season got the lost in the overall tactical chaos BR brought to the club in addition to injuries. He can grow to be a leader in this team.

"Potential "? "Grow"? He's 27 ! This is his prime , he gets no better ! Brent has just spunked another 25 m !
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:22 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:43 am wrote:I think its an overkill to play coutinho and lallana in the same team (unless injuries & suspensions dictate that). Both of them seem to operate in the same area. They are not particularly potent infront of goal (they might hit a worldie once in a while).

I couldn't disagree more, having 2 AM's has been a huge positive for us plus it wouldn't take long for Coutinho to get p1$$ed off if he was getting dragged off at half time every game.
What I would say though is maybe it's time to give someone other than Lallana a run out next to Coutinho, Adam has a lot of fancy turns and good close control but he doesn't actually create that much, he's very one paced as well, in a way he looks better than he actually is (all style and no substance if you like).
I'd like to see Markovic given an extended run in the team as our second AM, he can spot a pass, has a decent shot plus if Coutinho decides to put him through instead of Danny he has that burst of acceleration to get away from defenders. He could be a good foil for Coutinho.

So Yaka...do you still think having 2 Am's (who almost play the same way) has been a huge positive for us ? I don't wanna say I told you so... But having Coutinho and Lallana behind Sterling is the most non-potent strike-threesome in this f**king league.

I am not a football coach. I play sunday footie with my nephews sometimes. But even I know that having lallana and coutinho as attacking midfielders is a receipe for disaster. Teams are defending so high against us as they know these 2 players usually drop deep. They like to cut inside. They like to play "one-twos".... They even stepover each other's toes as they like to play in the same area of the pitch. It has been a disaster.

A good manager would not have played these 2 in the same team (especially in the same attacking positions). Why did you think Mourinho got rid of mata (he had Oscar, Hazard, Willian who could do the same job as him). It does not mean mata is a bad player. It is just that he did not suit the team when mourinho had similar players .....

If there was a huge need to play Lallana and Coutinho in the same team....I would have at least moved coutinho deeper with Hendo and Lucas/Can in a midfield 3... something like this...
                        Sterling Balo/Lambert/Borini
                                    Lallana
                            Coutinho Hendo
                                 Lucas/Can

This team would have gotten 4th (and they are not even my top picks for our team). But there it is. You can have lallana and coutinho in the same team. But No.... Dumb-A$$ Rodgers decides to go with the stupid a$$ 3-4-3. Then reverts back to 4-3-3 with gerrard, hendo, allen/lucas and everything falls apart.

There is just no turning back. We have to get rid of Rodgers.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 pm

He's a llama  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Lallana showing the type of touch and creativity we missed

Injuries paid a big part in his season so hopefully a good pre season can provide him a good base for the next season
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Every time he started to work his way into form he got injured. One of the few natural goal scorers we have in the squad and one the best pressers we have. Hopefully he’ll stay clear of injury next year. He’s got more goals in him than the likes of Sterling and Coutinho.
Eagle

Postby number 8 ynwa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:00 pm

when he is fit and on form he reminds me of Peter Beardsley -

He had a terrible season last year with injuries but when if he stays fit next year he will be one of the best players in the league...  class player!
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:04 am

Some reports that his latest injury could see him out for 3-4 weeks

On a positive it will hopefully allow us to see more of Firmino instead
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm worried about Lallana. He cost us a LOT of money and hasn't clicked at all. He is easily pushed off the ball and end product is lacking on all fronts. Hope he'll prove me wrong, but I can see him returning to Southampton next summer for half the fee we paid.  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion