The justice system - On the forum.....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:53 am

Over the last couple of weeks a couple of long standing posters have been banned. Firstly, and I say this despite never having had a problem with either of 'em, I think they just about deserved it in both cases. Furthermore, I think the mods handled each situation pretty well, I know how difficult it is and I don't think they could have done it any better.

That said, the card syastem and a total ban is too harsh in my opinion. It should be like it is in football, a suspension. If you get five bookings you are not sine die, never able to kick a ball again. You get a suspension. For a straight red for violent conduct it's three games.

I think the forum would be better, easier to moderate (because at the moment the mods are understandably reluctant to dish out cards as it will lead to an eventual total ban) and I think it would be fairer to all if people were suspended for arguing and swearing rather than totally banned. Racism and the like shouldn't be tolerated, but swearing and namecalling is nowhere near as bad IMHO and should be treated accordingly.

In my system, Stu would have got three months for his carry ons, Peewee and Lando one month each. At least that way the punishment better fits the crime, and the forum doesn't lose posters who while being volatile and reactionary, do make the place much more interesting.

You could also introduce hard and fast rules, no attacking the moderators or an instant card, no racism or an instant ban etc etc. I know everyone won't agree, but I definately think it's a better way of doing things.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:13 am

I agree Mick that total bans are a bit too drastic in most cases (certainly in those you quoted) but I still think a 24 hour ban should be in the Mods armoury. It gets the combatants out of the game and allows them time to cool off, without the "stigma" of yellow cards which seem to cause even more irritation and bitterness on their return.   

I know if I was a mod and had both options at my disposal I would have banned about 5 yesterday for 24 hours and maybe carded a couple more. Which is why I could never be a Mod :D

I do think that the present system is a bit draconian with total bans being the only real option for persistant abuse etc. Whereas maybe it should be only after (say)3 red cards you are banned for life, with as you say 1 month or three month bans depending on the severity and nature of the offence.

At the end of the day a pm is enough warning for most people to behave anyway, and its up to us to start acting like adults rather than squabbling little kids.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 am

I got a three week ban on RAWK for typing SCUM refering to Man U. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:23 am

I got a one month ban and it has taken that time for the cause of most problems on the forum to finally get banned, I do not think I was totally innocent, but at the same time neither were others, my problem was with just me getting banned/ carded at the time but at least now it ha eventualy evened itself out.

The problem is Mick its all open to interpretation and open to who is buddies with the mods, sadly there are people on here who still get away with racism and abuse and others who do not,

Before there Is any change in the punishment system there needs to be consistency accross the board for every poster to be treated the same. Some mods do favour some posters however much they would like to deny this, just as some mods have it in for other posters, in the past I have benefitted from this and recently I have suffered because of this.

Anyway that my pennies qorth on it and all I will say on it

On another note can someone please explain why that clown is still our manager
112-1077774096

Postby Dundalk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:24 am

Peewee is back   :blues:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

peewee wrote:I got a one month ban and it has taken that time for the cause of most problems on the forum to finally get banned, I do not think I was totally innocent, but at the same time neither were others, my problem was with just me getting banned/ carded at the time but at least now it ha eventualy evened itself out.

The problem is Mick its all open to interpretation and open to who is buddies with the mods, sadly there are people on here who still get away with racism and abuse and others who do not,

Before there Is any change in the punishment system there needs to be consistency accross the board for every poster to be treated the same. Some mods do favour some posters however much they would like to deny this, just as some mods have it in for other posters, in the past I have benefitted from this and recently I have suffered because of this.

Anyway that my pennies qorth on it and all I will say on it

On another note can someone please explain why that clown is still our manager

Welcome back peewee

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

Dundalk wrote:Peewee is back   :blues:

I was going to be moody and not post until all my cards were removed but felt that yesterday went a long way in restoring my faith in the forum, the fact the problems continued even when I was banned speaks volumes really,
anyway good to be back.     :buttrock
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am

peewee wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Peewee is back   :blues:

I was going to be moody and not post until all my cards were removed but felt that yesterday went a long way in restoring my faith in the forum, the fact the problems continued even when I was banned speaks volumes really,
anyway good to be back.     :buttrock

Just move on now mate and forget it

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:30 am

I just noticed I am also a moderator. :D

Quick let me ban bob before supersub notices.   :laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:31 am

Welcome back peewee lad , not a word on rafa lad and h+g are defo baddies mate. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 am

h&g can not be blamed for what's happening on the pitch mate, but that's for another thread.
:D
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 am

bigmick wrote:Over the last couple of weeks a couple of long standing posters have been banned. Firstly, and I say this despite never having had a problem with either of 'em, I think they just about deserved it in both cases. Furthermore, I think the mods handled each situation pretty well, I know how difficult it is and I don't think they could have done it any better.

That said, the card syastem and a total ban is too harsh in my opinion. It should be like it is in football, a suspension. If you get five bookings you are not sine die, never able to kick a ball again. You get a suspension. For a straight red for violent conduct it's three games.

I think the forum would be better, easier to moderate (because at the moment the mods are understandably reluctant to dish out cards as it will lead to an eventual total ban) and I think it would be fairer to all if people were suspended for arguing and swearing rather than totally banned. Racism and the like shouldn't be tolerated, but swearing and namecalling is nowhere near as bad IMHO and should be treated accordingly.

In my system, Stu would have got three months for his carry ons, Peewee and Lando one month each. At least that way the punishment better fits the crime, and the forum doesn't lose posters who while being volatile and reactionary, do make the place much more interesting.

You could also introduce hard and fast rules, no attacking the moderators or an instant card, no racism or an instant ban etc etc. I know everyone won't agree, but I definately think it's a better way of doing things.

There you go mick , just a little bannet for peewee , seems like mods have common sense after all . :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:37 am

seems like mods have common sense after all

I wouldn't go that far Igor :D

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:38 am

Is Lando still banned then?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 am

Ciggy wrote:Is Lando still banned then?

Its all part of the Mods new rotation policy Lando's being rested while peewee gets a run out  :D

Next

Return to General Chat Forum