The benefit system - In britain.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 am

dawson99 wrote:you cant blame the government for society. these people need sorting out.
dunno how they can look themselves in the mirror bnut i guess some people are just scum. they should be found out, and deported somewhere like canada

Woah, woah, woah...we already took in Nifty Neil.  That's plenty! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:23 am

Stella-supping dickheads, with no intention of finding work, should have their benefits stopped. If they want money, they should be made to work for it.

There's plenty of gardens to be weeded and fields to be litter-picked. There's plenty of toilets to be cleaned and fences to be painted. Turf could be laid and rubbish could be sorted.

It is immoral to reward people for doing nothing. It is immoral to give a dolite's kid money and a grafter's kid nothing.

In fact, the entire Country is fast becoming immoral.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 am

Oh yes that's it !  the people on benefits why didn't I think of that ,how could I have been so myopic, congratulations to one and all who in your collated intelligence have managed to decipher what has perplexed your average Joe for years .

Its not the countless schools that are being made surplus to requirements ,its not that classrooms that  are  being shamelessly condensed as we speak,and this recession is not mainly consistent with the amount of immigrants that have flooded Britain ,course it couldn't possibly be the MMR vaccinations that helped in turning children autistic  while the Medical board and Doctors alike grew evermore affluent .
I dont suppose it would be the amount of community playgrounds and recreation areas  that are being demolished ,and If I were not totally convinced that its the Burberry Chavs ,then heaven forbid I might just blame the Government and the Bureaucrats ..............................
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:55 am

redbeergoggles wrote:Oh yes that's it !  the people on benefits why didn't I think of that ,how could I have been so myopic, congratulations to one and all who in your collated intelligence have managed to decipher what has perplexed your average Joe for years .

Its not the countless schools that are being made surplus to requirements ,its not that classrooms that  are  being shamelessly condensed as we speak,and this recession is not mainly consistent with the amount of immigrants that have flooded Britain ,course it couldn't possibly be the MMR vaccinations that helped in turning children autistic  while the Medical board and Doctors alike grew evermore affluent .
I dont suppose it would be the amount of community playgrounds and recreation areas  that are being demolished ,and If I were not totally convinced that its the Burberry Chavs ,then heaven forbid I might just blame the Government and the Bureaucrats ..............................

What are you on about?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 am

its the lazy bums we are moaning about, not the ones looking for work...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:22 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Stella-supping dickheads, with no intention of finding work, should have their benefits stopped. If they want money, they should be made to work for it.

There's plenty of gardens to be weeded and fields to be litter-picked. There's plenty of toilets to be cleaned and fences to be painted. Turf could be laid and rubbish could be sorted.

It is immoral to reward people for doing nothing. It is immoral to give a dolite's kid money and a grafter's kid nothing.

In fact, the entire Country is fast becoming immoral.

agreed paul
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:Oh yes that's it !  the people on benefits why didn't I think of that ,how could I have been so myopic, congratulations to one and all who in your collated intelligence have managed to decipher what has perplexed your average Joe for years .

What are you on about?

I think this earlier post explained my view on the subject ,so to reiterate :   

I think in general this thread is starting to seriously wind people up ,myself included there is to much scope for truly crass and puerile observations from the blinkered minority
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:53 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:I think in general this thread is starting to seriously wind people up ,myself included there is to much scope for truly crass and puerile observations from the blinkered minority

To be honest,  its meant to. Im unemployed, and have applied for countless jobs. Ive been turned down because my hair needed cutting, ive been turned down because I had some stubble on my face. And its gets you depressed. Really depressed. I remember asking my advisor at the jobcenter what can I do? If im turned down for jobs for these reasons what can I do? I refuse to turn myself into a tart, ensuring my nails are manicured and my parting satisfies the needs to do a job.

My aim of this thread was to point out the faults of the current system, which has wound you up. The views of people on here however are against the ones who take the wee wee out of the system, but the way the system works, it allows them to. And that makes it wrong. A lot of people are unemployed and claiming, and many are trying hard to make ends meet, but it gets to the point where, unless the job we go for clears £300 a week, it just seems pointless. We are going to be worse off. Thats where the system needs changing. As long as there is no encouragement to find work, we wont. Unless the job we go for is offering a bloody good wage.

I wouldnt get so wound up about peoples opinion about claiming, its not aimed at everyone, just the chavs who have no intention of working and plan on living the rest of their life sponging.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:47 am

Kharhaz wrote:A lot of people are unemployed and claiming, and many are trying hard to make ends meet, but it gets to the point where, unless the job we go for clears £300 a week, it just seems pointless. We are going to be worse off. Thats where the system needs changing. As long as there is no encouragement to find work, we wont. Unless the job we go for is offering a bloody good wage.

That's precisely the point. I'm not qualified enough to know of the exact systemic changes that need to be made in order to redress that balance, but it's obvious something needs done. Perhaps certain benefits should gradually reduce after a job offer has been taken up, rather than being pulled immediately, thus putting you in a worse position than if you had remained unemployed and on full benefits?

And if, after several job offers and you're someone capable of working, but still haven't taken up a position, certain benefits could be reduced until you do. I fully appreciate it's a much more diverse problem than that (most aren't 'sponging', just need encouragement), with the obvious problems in having to define who is capable or not, as well as in having to establish a threshold to determine a reasonable job offer, but as a principle it might not be a bad place to start.

What do you think?

Cut yer f*cking mop btw  :D
LFC2007

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:48 am

Kharhaz wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:I think in general this thread is starting to seriously wind people up ,myself included there is to much scope for truly crass and puerile observations from the blinkered minority

To be honest,  its meant to. Im unemployed, and have applied for countless jobs. Ive been turned down because my hair needed cutting, ive been turned down because I had some stubble on my face. And its gets you depressed. Really depressed. I remember asking my advisor at the jobcenter what can I do? If im turned down for jobs for these reasons what can I do? I refuse to turn myself into a tart, ensuring my nails are manicured and my parting satisfies the needs to do a job.

My aim of this thread was to point out the faults of the current system, which has wound you up. The views of people on here however are against the ones who take the wee wee out of the system, but the way the system works, it allows them to. And that makes it wrong. A lot of people are unemployed and claiming, and many are trying hard to make ends meet, but it gets to the point where, unless the job we go for clears £300 a week, it just seems pointless. We are going to be worse off. Thats where the system needs changing. As long as there is no encouragement to find work, we wont. Unless the job we go for is offering a bloody good wage.

I wouldnt get so wound up about peoples opinion about claiming, its not aimed at everyone, just the chavs who have no intention of working and plan on living the rest of their life sponging.

I sympathise with your plight fella ,I really do its not easy being unemployed , but your situation is not uncommon half of Britain will soon be out of work .

Its just astonishing to me the huge amount of people that have been blinded by the smokescreen the Government regularly throws up ,these politicians are wholly responsible for the condition of this country ,they threw open the gates to Britain like it was some giant amusement park ,irrespective of the damage it would eventually wreak  on the economy .

I agree the current system needs drastically changing ,and I concur  with your reasons for starting the thread ,it was the responses that followed that warranted my involvement .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 am

we are not having a go at people who are sincerely looking for work. But when you watch sh!t like Jeremy Kyle you realise just how much of our country should just be obliterated, wipe the slate clean, start again.

It makes it even sadder when people who seriously want work but have to claim unemployment get put in the same bracket as the scum
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:28 am

I have worked for both the Unemployment Benefit Office and the DHS, and in my experience most of the people genuinely want to work. The problem with the system is that once you start including the "addons" such as free prescriptions, free glasses, housing benefit etc etc its hard for them to get jobs on similar money. Especially when you take into account the expenses/problems involved in actually working such as travel and clothes and the difficulties over children being picked up from school etc etc. 

As for the few that don't want to work, what should you do, make the children suffer because their parents are lazy b@stards?
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:41 am

s@int wrote:I have worked for both the Unemployment Benefit Office and the DHS, and in my experience most of the people genuinely want to work. The problem with the system is that once you start including the "addons" such as free prescriptions, free glasses, housing benefit etc etc its hard for them to get jobs on similar money. Especially when you take into account the expenses/problems involved in actually working such as travel and clothes and the difficulties over children being picked up from school etc etc. 

As for the few that don't want to work, what should you do, make the children suffer because their parents are lazy b@stards?

hence back to my arguament that there should be an IQ test before you can have kids, and there should also be a set number you can have

some fat chav having 12 kids by 11 different blokes and claiming more than i make in a year every month... not on
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 am

the other problem with the DSS is that they give money to folk who have just entered the country. Folk who have never contributed to the UK at all.

A very long time ago i was made redundent, it was just before i joined the army. I went for the first and only time to the DSS for an emergency loan. I was refused as they said the money from my last pay should last, under law for 2 months and that i was over the allowance for a loan.
In the next cubicle was a nigerian women who had been in the country just 1 day. She was given housing, and a DSS cheque for £150 as an interim payment - all free with no obligation to pay it back.
I'd overheard her conversation and she actually showed me the cheque she's received. I was not mad at her, but mad at the DSS for not helping me. I'd paid taxes and NI contributions for nothing, as it was being given to all others who were not British people.

The DSS didnt even give me bus fare home, so i had to walk the 15 miles back home in the rain. :angry:

obviously things for me are different now, as ive always worked since. but ive never forgot that day
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:02 am

Judge wrote:the other problem with the DSS is that they give money to folk who have just entered the country. Folk who have never contributed to the UK at all.

A very long time ago i was made redundent, it was just before i joined the army. I went for the first and only time to the DSS for an emergency loan. I was refused as they said the money from my last pay should last, under law for 2 months and that i was over the allowance for a loan.
In the next cubicle was a nigerian women who had been in the country just 1 day. She was given housing, and a DSS cheque for £150 as an interim payment - all free with no obligation to pay it back.
I'd overheard her conversation and she actually showed me the cheque she's received. I was not mad at her, but mad at the DSS for not helping me. I'd paid taxes and NI contributions for nothing, as it was being given to all others who were not British people.

The DSS didnt even give me bus fare home, so i had to walk the 15 miles back home in the rain. :angry:

obviously things for me are different now, as ive always worked since. but ive never forgot that day

I worked on the Crisis loans when I was at the DHS, but I would imagine emergency loans are based on similar rules Judge. If you have money you can't get one (as they are for emergencies), and as you had just been made redundant you should still have had some money left.

I would have turned you down too mate  :D

Obviously the woman in the next cubical had no money and so was eligible for some money.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum